WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Ex-workplace burning to the ground

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
June 7,my boss and I had a disagreement. He told me "With that attitude you can just go home". I did. Upon returning to work the next day he tells me that he gave me a choice, and by me walking out that I had quit. Well, he never gave me a choice, he told me to go home. I had been working there for 6 years when this happened.

I have be unemployed since then and I have been fighting to get unemployment since.

Today, something crazy happened. I was heading to my sisters to pick up my kids. When I got to the end of my driveway, I saw major black smoke pouring up into the sky. I thought to myself, " HAHAHA, That's gotta be where I used to work." I was right!!

Now, I do feel bad for my friends and ex co-workers because they are out of a job. But, honestly...I DON"T GIVE A FUCK!!! Bottom line is I got screwed by the place because my boss was a cock hole. So, FUCK IT!!

Anyway, my son and I ran down there about 5 minutes ago and got some pics :)

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
LOL no it was an internal fire caused by a coolant fan exploded, caught the roof on fire,

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Wow, what sweet ironing. :thumbsup:

"If I dont get my stapler back well I'm...I'm just gonna burn the building down."

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
dustinzgirl said:
LOL no it was an internal fire caused by a coolant fan exploded, caught the roof on fire,
See, I told you as soon as the check cleared "things would happen." Good cover with the coolant fan.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Nymphchick said:
had to ruin my fun didn't you! :rolleyes:
Psst...I think it's just a cover story...there might still be some cash in it.

Anyways, that's freaking great.

Descent

Hella Constipated
CopyLifted said:
June 7,my boss and I had a disagreement. He told me "With that attitude you can just go home". I did. Upon returning to work the next day he tells me that he gave me a choice, and by me walking out that I had quit. Well, he never gave me a choice, he told me to go home. I had been working there for 6 years when this happened.

I have be unemployed since then and I have been fighting to get unemployment since.

Today, something crazy happened. I was heading to my sisters to pick up my kids. When I got to the end of my driveway, I saw major black smoke pouring up into the sky. I thought to myself, " HAHAHA, That's gotta be where I used to work." I was right!!

Now, I do feel bad for my friends and ex co-workers because they are out of a job. But, honestly...I DON"T GIVE A FUCK!!! Bottom line is I got screwed by the place because my boss was a cock hole. So, FUCK IT!!

Anyway, my son and I ran down there about 5 minutes ago and got some pics :)

Oh my God! That's fucking radical! It's straight out of OfficeSpace!

Repped.

Nailbomb said:
Psst...I think it's just a cover story...there might still be some cash in it.

Anyways, that's freaking great.
you want half don't you? ok well help me catch him, cause he keeps getting away. slippery lil sucker :p

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Nymphchick said:
you want half don't you? ok well help me catch him, cause he keeps getting away. slippery lil sucker :p
Just show him your boobs, and while he's distracted I'll sneak up and hit him with a frying pan.

CopyLifted

You silly peeps :)

I assure you, I had nothing to do with it.

The story is a cooling fan at the #1 dryer exploded. The code for a fire is 5 blasts on the air horn. Well, the guy didn't even get done with the 5th blast and the fire spread to the #2 dryer. A friend of mine that I used to work with headed over there along with other workers to try and contain the fire. From what I understand, they were doing a fine job of it too. They had to rotate, as there was alot a smoke. The fire was just about contained.

So the fire department shows up. They tell all of the employees to evacuate and "we will take it from here". The workers all get out and...wait. The fire department just sat there. They did nothing. Finally after 30-45 minutes the fire department decides to deploy....after the fire ignited again and it was too late.

The pics above is the aftermath. WTF was the fire department thinking? There must have been some ex employees of this place working with that unit. ;)

CopyLifted

gurlgonewild said:
sorry to hear that cl, but it sounds like you've got plans to do better things!

GL
Thanks GGW.

To fill people in on what you heard from me in chat:

After fighting with my ex employer for a month, I won my case. As of this morning I was approved for my unemployment benefits. It will help out greatly.

I have been doing alot of thinking, but I'm not completly sure what I'm going to do at this moment. Because I am considered a "displaced timber worker" I can go back to school and learn a new field. It will be all paid for too.

I know I should do this, but I'm having troubles with the fact of having to do math and such all over again. It's only a 2 year class but I'm not sure what it's called. Intel hires graduates on a regular basis from this program. Making $60,000 a year is highly tempting though. It's just a big step to take for me at this point.

Life is just sooooo fun. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I just thought I would mention though that I have alot of expeirence in electronics and computers already. But,the problem is, it's self taught. I know I could breeze through the class, except when it comes to the math ect.. cause that'snot what I care about.

I'm one of those that I want to learn what I want to learn...not what they want to teach me.