WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines exploitation of the third world countries and the atmosphere.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
many third world countries such as nepal or bangladesh have started using bio gas as a source of fuel etc.
(bio gas is made from manure. the manure is stored in a huge cement drum under the ground and after a period of 2-3 months, gas is released due to the decomposition and respiration oof the bacteria present.The initial investment is large but in the long run it is very economical and gives almost zero pollution)

this has reduced the levels of carbon monoxide in the atmosphere. However, the developed countries (such as usa, canada and european countries) argue that if the co levels of other countries decrease, they can buy the rights to produce more carbon dioxide. That means that the country who buys out the right from the 3 world country can emit more harmful gases into the atmosphere because they thirld world countries dont, thereby keeping the NET harmful gas levels the same. This completely goes against the point of reducing global warming.

Recently canada and usa bought out the rights from nepal to emit more CO.

WTF! is the world comming to. :flamed: This is really sad.:(

PS-GO WHITE SOX!

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
i thought that to buy 'pollution rights' from an underpolluting nation you needed to be part of the kyoto protocol..

i may be wrong but that was my understanding on this credit system.

that would prevent usa inclusion.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
im sorry i meant usa or canada (most likely canada) but i am 110 % sure of this buying out the pollution rights thing

this world is notfucked up, its the US taht fucked it up.
the US is so fucked up it can influence other countries to this extent.
WTF?! a country puts effort to prevent some pollution, but the US buys rights to pollute?

on the quotes page it says "The world is dangerous to live in not because of the people who do evil things, but because of the people who know about it but do nothing to stop it. "

this event is the perfect example... fuckn sad -_-:thumbsdn:

jamesp

In Memory...
Edward, your post was pure America bashing with no relevancy to the topic whatsoever. If you cant make a pertinent post, why dont you just refrain from posting, hmmm?