WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Explosions in London??!?!?

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
The news is saying that up to 9 explosions have rocked London! Anyone from England on the board? Jesus what a mess.

yeah, I saw something about that on CNN

something to do with the electricity?

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
One of em blew the top right off a double decker. Crazy shit.

Jung

???
Premium
I just saw that on CNN a few minutes ago when I woke up. A good friend of mine is spending the summer with his sister in London, but I haven't been able to get in touch with him. I guess I'll try to call when I get to work. :( :confused:

Edit: Apparently Israel was warned before the blast. Supposedly authorities have located a statement confirming that it's al-qaida. I ran this address through Babel Fish. http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/0,1518,364121,00.html

Qaida Bekennerschreiben to notices in London

Of Yassin Musharbash

The terrorist organization aluminium-Qaida has itself to the notices of London well-known. A group named "secret organization - aluminium-Qaida in Europe" just published frequented InterNet side a Bekennerschreiben after information from MIRROR ON-LINE ONE on one of Islamics.

erlin - "you happy, community of the Muslims" makes, is called it in the letter, which is present MIRROR ON-LINE ONE. "the heroful Mudschahidin accomplished, continues to be called today an attack in London" it. Great Britain is now shaken and shocked completely, "in the north, in the south, in the west and in the east". "we warned, write the British government and the British people again and again" the authors. "we held our promise and accomplished a gesegnete military operation."

"we warn also further", are called it in the document, "the governments of Denmark and Italy and all further cross driver governments". All states are requested to withdraw their troops from Afghanistan and the Iraq.

The authenticity of the document could be confirmed not immediately. On the InterNet side, on that it publish - the forum "aluminium-Qala'a" - in the past months regularly authentic Bekennerschreiben and bulletins of different groups of terror, among other things the Iraqi aluminium-Qaida-branch had already accumulated. In addition, unauthentisches material is occasionally gepostet there. The today's Posting is signatoryly with "secret organization - aluminium-Qaida (woertl.: the Dschihad basis) in Europe".

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
Six bombings is the count I believe... Two died, many injured.
It hasn´t yet been verified as Al-Qaeda, eventhough Blair accused "extremists" on the bombings.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
I've been hearing four in the tubes and three on buses.

R

RedOctober

Humbug.

The London Undergroud needed a refit anyway for the planned Olympics. :p (Typical British humor)

BTW

The British don't panic in such a situation like the Americans.
They just did the proper thing to do, shut down the entire city traffic to be able to search for the attackers and possibly prevent more bombings.

Tony Blair seemed very impressed when he gave a short speech,
at least he looked very tired.

R

RedOctober

I can look at the BBC, and things seem to be under control.
No victims trapped anymore!
Heathrow Airport has been shut down as a precaution.

Imagine how it must feel if you're a terrorist on an Island you can't get off! :cool:

keebs

Particinator
it just makes you sick at the thought that someone whould do this to other people.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
RedOctober said:
The British don't panic in such a situation like the Americans.
i believe they attained that quality during WWII, when there were more bombings than this.

R

RedOctober

WizardlyFriend said:
i believe they attained that quality during WWII, when there were more bombings than this.
Well, a Londoner may say it a bit civilized, but what he means is:
"We don't give a fuck!"

That is the best way to deal with a terrorist attack.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
RedOctober said:
Well, a Londoner may say it a bit civilized, but what he means is:
"We don't give a fuck!"

That is the best way to deal with a terrorist attack.
The truth is, most people give a fuck.

keebs said:
it just makes you sick at the thought that someone whould do this to other people.
I agree, but pro-war people that talk like that are hypocrits that need to fucking stop breathing.

So, are you against the war?

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
I know that's going to be controversial, but any country that invades another, killing civilians in the process, kinda asked for violence in return.

I'm against killing innocent people for a political cause, but this is merely an "eye for an eye" situation.

Nonetheless I think people should find other ways of protesting : hijacking TV signals, throw cream pies in the face of politicians, or any other forms of active protests that do not involve killing innocent people.

RageAgainst said:
I know that's going to be controversial, but any country that invades another, killing civilians in the process, kinda asked for violence in return.

I'm against killing innocent people for a political cause, but this is merely an "eye for an eye" situation.

Nonetheless I think people should find other ways of protesting : hijacking TV signals, throw cream pies in the face of politicians, or any other forms of active protests that do not involve killing innocent people.
hahahaha

sucks though. i love london, used to have a house in wimbeldon

funny that people haven't figured out that blowing OTHER people up is not a good way to get a point across. :rolleyes:

R

RedOctober

RageAgainst said:
The truth is, most people give a fuck.
Do you really think that?
Antropology shows that people only care for their own genetical material, in other words.. Family, next of kin. Their neighbourhood, village or their city.
All the rest is nationalistic hooha!