WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines fahrenheit 9/11

morelos

lexicon incognito
just saw it. enjoyed it. agreed with most of it. there was a bit of propaganda and moore wasted time just making fun of bush (which is ok, but doesn't help to promote his point).

here's the thing i wanted to say, though: there were SO MANY PEOPLE waiting for it at the theatre where i saw it, and it had already played five times today at that theatre, that it has GOT to be on its way to the highest box office earning 'documentary' in the history of the world; it sold out screen after screen after screen on its opening night. i bet it blows away his previous film's total earnings in the next two weeks.

man.. crazy ass world.

go see it, if you have ever formed a political opinion in your life. be careful: real body parts are seen before and after bombings, shootings, burnings, and beheadings.

~ dan ~

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
will do. i was supposed to see it yesterday but they're only playing it in one city in ontario, so i have to wait for transportation =P. but in any case, you've excited me even more to go see it.

morelos

lexicon incognito
one thing i liked about the film more than i liked "bowling for columbine" and "roger & me" was that his editing was not done in a way that changed the implications of people's actions.

also, he gives you dates for when things happen, and he HAS A COPY OF BUSH'S MILITARY RECORD FROM BEFORE BUSH RELEASED THE BLACKED-OUT VERSION. IT'S THE SHIT.

honestly, i loved it to death, but i felt bad because he spends a lot of time performing (extremely well-articulated) character assassinations of republican after republican rather than spending all his time pushing the connections between the two families who have given us grief in the past four years..

but man.. that guy looks like a chimp..

let me know what you think?

morelos

lexicon incognito
good deal. the theatre i went to was sold out for all shows from 11 AM until the 1AM showing... when i left the parking lot at 12:30 after my 9:45 screening (they had three screens, all sold out, playing it at 9:45) there was a huge crowd still waiting to go in and see theirs. it was great.

morelos

lexicon incognito
lol, is that gonna be soon?

many theatres around here are ignoring that, saying "it's not the LAW that we can't show this to people under 17; they're more like guidelines"

ahahaha..

fahrenheit 9/11 i saw it, and i loved it. i always knew US goverment are a bunch lying son of bitches, i didn't need a movie to tell me that.. i do not watch any news of any kind, especially CNN. you may ask why i do not watch any news because they are the kings on lying to the public.

so i dont bother voting anymore, or waste my time debating about this because people always going to disagree, or say they don't give a fuck about politics.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
bullshit00 said:
fahrenheit 9/11 i saw it, and i loved it. i always knew US goverment are a bunch lying son of bitches, i didn't need a movie to tell me that.. i do not watch any news of any kind, especially CNN. you may ask why i do not watch any news because they are the kings on lying to the public.

so i dont bother voting anymore, or waste my time debating about this because people always going to disagree, or say they don't give a fuck about politics.
That's a good idea. Take away any say you have in the process. Doesn't sound like you can handle it anyway...

morelos

lexicon incognito
That's a good idea. Take away any say you have in the process. Doesn't sound like you can handle it anyway...
at least his no-say is matched by his no-know.

i think people should be spending at least as much time on international news sources as on domestic ones, when worried about international issues (iraq, the us election, etc).

read a newspaper to find out who got hit by a car in your neighborhood.

~ dan ~

voiceofreason said:

"Doesn't sound like you can handle it anyway" why this sound like you are ready to disagree, if i would have kept talkin' about how shitty USA has turn into. but i know you are going to come back and start blahin your ass off, explaining to me how good usa is and freedom, and this and that.. endless disagreement it would never stop... i know one day you will experience what i have experiened with this so called freedom.. you will see sometime in your future, the freedom in USA is bullshit... i dont mean breakin any laws, of course you break a law you broke them you suffer.. but losin your freedom for no damn reason, i wont be gettin' into here..

and voiceofreason this not a reply to start shit with you...

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
bullshit00 said:
"Doesn't sound like you can handle it anyway" why this sound like you are ready to disagree, if i would have kept talkin' about how shitty USA has turn into. but i know you are going to come back and start blahin your ass off, explaining to me how good usa is and freedom, and this and that.. endless disagreement it would never stop... i know one day you will experience what i have experiened with this so called freedom.. you will see sometime in your future, the freedom in USA is bullshit... i dont mean breakin any laws, of course you break a law you broke them you suffer.. but losin your freedom for no damn reason, i wont be gettin' into here..

and voiceofreason this not a reply to start shit with you...
cryptic, very cryptic...

I agree, why are you slumming it here in the U.S.A.?

You deserve much better. You should go to that really great country, where nothing bad ever happens, and when you say I'm innocent, they just let you go. In the land of milk and honey, where a bum can stay for many a day, and he won't need any money, oh the buzzin' of the bees in the cigarette trees near the soda water fountain, at the lemonade springs where the bluebird sings on the Big Rock Candy Mountains...

let me just shut the fuck, because this dude is going to try to make me look like a fool... just off record my bad grammer is not foregin i was born in the state...

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
bullshit00 said:
let me just shut the fuck, because this dude is going to try to make me look like a fool... just off record my bad grammer is not foregin i was born in the state...
Just relax.

It's a simple thing, you don't like the U.S., so GO, or if you're not here, STAY there....

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
haha, my friend had really shitty research skills that day i suppose.. we found that it's playing at a nearby theatre and went to see it yesteryawn. i was very pleased with it indeed! my friend enjoyed it too but she said it wasn't really what she was expecting. and i've heard of other people who are skeptical about the movie, and im wondering if there actually are good points that can be picked at for this movie. oh! i also wonder if anyone knows if there was a specific reason why they didn't actually show the two towers burning throughout the entire movie. i would say it adds for effect, but maybe there's another reason too.
in any case, i was impressed. i wish i had someone like micheal moore as a friend to tell me what's really happening when i read or watch the news. lol. oh there's a site, i think it's tvnewslies.com, it's a good site and related to this. so ya check it out.

morelos

lexicon incognito
i wish i had someone like micheal moore as a friend to tell me what's really happening when i read or watch the news.
simple: stop reading american news sites.

~ dan ~

Acephalous

Acephalous -> look it up
I'm happy that a movie like this is available to the public viewing. More people need to realise that 99% of what the media shows us is bullshit- and if you don't know where to look it's hard to find the truth.
I hope this inspires a trend of more controvercial films and documenteries. We need less dumb people in this world. Canada and America specificly.

morelos

lexicon incognito
holy shit, acephalous, i would NEVER put anything on fire that close to my cock or balls.

~ dan ~

except that one time i lit my fart on fire...

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Acephalous said:
I'm happy that a movie like this is available to the public viewing. More people need to realise that 99% of what the media shows us is bullshit- and if you don't know where to look it's hard to find the truth.
I hope this inspires a trend of more controvercial films and documenteries. We need less dumb people in this world. Canada and America specificly.
It's really not a giant "conspiracy", it's just subjective eyes trying to intrepret what they see. Pass that down through several sets of subjective eyes and it's a miracle that we ever get anything that looks like the truth. It's like one big freaky game of telephone...

Um, do you know what Acephalous means: "Pertaining to organisms without a head."

Obviously, that photo's gotta go...