WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Falling off a bike

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
yeah so i fell off the other night, got a few cuts and bruises and a mysterious chest pain. it might be a tendon or ligament or perhaps some muscular bruising, but it hurts whenever i cough or hold my breath.
is it possible that i may have slightly damaged my right lung during the fall? i'm kinda worried about this.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
OH.....EM.....GEE!

joo n33dz to H4ll AzZ to da h0Sp!t4L y0!

Could have a cracked rib that if left untreated could puncture your lung causing an almost instaneous build up that will essentially drown you in your own blood.

f00L!

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
bigck3000 said:
Could have a cracked rib that if left untreated could puncture your lung causing an almost instaneous build up that will essentially drown you in your own blood.
Oh well thats good to know.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
You really shouldn't be asking this type of question on a forum. You should go see a doctor.

If you do not have insurance, I suggest ride it out and see what happens. The worst thing that could happen as bigck stated, you can drown in your own blood and die a painful death.

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
yeah you're all right, it turned out to be a cracked rib. nothing life threatening, i just have to take it easy for a while, and it's recommended i take some analgesics for the pain.

one of the most common complaints from cracked ribs is the unbearable agony of turning over in bed. that's exactly what i've been experiencing.

it's probably going to take about 3 months to heal, which is something to look forward to i guess.

it's a big relief because for a while there, silly old me thought i was having heart problems. :rolleyes:

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
and now you know the wonderfull joys of having your ribs cracked like a boxer.....

10 stars

Enraged before the storm
See a doctor, seriously.
its unlikely, but you dont wanna take a risk of something like that because it could really fuck your world up if you dont take care of it asap.

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
I hate the FCC said:
How the hell do you fall of off a bike?! Unless you were in the woods or something it sounds really retarded.
Maybe he fell of because of some damn drunk driver driving drunk that ended up hitting him while he was riding his bike. . . I don't think that is a run-on sentence. . . Do you? :thumbsup:

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
See a doctor, That could fuck you up if you broke something!

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
think on the bright side...if u cracked the bottom ribs u can have them removed......and u will b able 2 suck your own eggroll

10 stars

Enraged before the storm
[sky] said:
I have all my Ribs And I can do that?
no, you have to lose your bottom (floating) ribs in order to do that.

if you can do it with all your ribs then somethings wrong with you.

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
10 stars said:
no, you have to lose your bottom (floating) ribs in order to do that.

if you can do it with all your ribs then somethings wrong with you.
Well I bet you that I could and the only thing wrong with me is my mind!

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
dookie said:
yeah so i fell off the other night, got a few cuts and bruises and a mysterious chest pain. it might be a tendon or ligament or perhaps some muscular bruising, but it hurts whenever i cough or hold my breath.
is it possible that i may have slightly damaged my right lung during the fall? i'm kinda worried about this.

good choice to ask that on wtf.com rather then on webmd.com our doctors are well more experianced. :-/

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
fuck_you said:
good choice to ask that on wtf.com rather then on webmd.com our doctors are well more experianced. :-/
shut up dude :(
quit hanging shit on me for being so humble (falling off my bike and landing on the ground)
we all have to learn from our mistakes, and realize it's time to see a doctor when you start coughing up tiny black particles in your phlegm, FUCK I NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR, and it was a coincidence today when i discovered doctors really appreciate their patients being honest with them. should i tell him i smoke a considerable amount of pot?