WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Family issues.(long but good read)

Usually my dad and i get along and do father and son... But sometime's he acts like a 16 year old with a bad mouth and a badass attitude. Like for example this happened like 10min ago.

Dad:Your music is to loud
Me: You can't hear it at all you sleep in your room.
Dad: well im sleeping in the damn guest bedroom and i can hear it.
Me: well why don't you sleep in your bed.
Dad: because i don't want to get woken up at 4 fucking 30 in the morning just turn the damn music down.
Me: ok....

This stuff happenes to me all the damn time i don't talk to him about it. Because he sleeps in the guest bedroom due to the fact he doesen't wan't to be up at 4:30am... My step mom works in the same job she does... Anyways speaking of Step Moms....

I absolutely hate her shes like a living nightmare with no freaken soul. Like we won't speak to each other sometimes... But i try hard enough to not get pissed at her... I can understand cleaning and all that. But she is all like "i wan't to take your dad and move out to Pittsburgh" and rants and goes on and on and on about Pittsburgh like it's a new founded state. Arghh sometimes i wish she would go away and leave me the FUCK alone. But as for the moving back to Pittsburgh thing i told my mom about it and she talked to my dad and asked if he will ever stay if my step mom popped the question.

He told my mom he won't.... But anyways man my life is pretty crazy sometimes. All im asking for is help to deal with the stress i have is there any help for me to deal with it?

parents can be WAY tough sometimes...trust me i know! and you shouldnt have 2 turn down ur music!!!!! lol. my music is way loud too...but what do you listen to? parents suck...do what I hate the FCC did and killur rents and blame it on the heavy metal

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
wwefan300 said:
Usually my dad and i get along and do father and son... But sometime's he acts like a 16 year old with a bad mouth and a badass attitude. Like for example this happened like 10min ago.

Dad:Your music is to loud
Me: You can't hear it at all you sleep in your room.
Dad: well im sleeping in the damn guest bedroom and i can hear it.
Me: well why don't you sleep in your bed.
Dad: because i don't want to get woken up at 4 fucking 30 in the morning just turn the damn music down.
Me: ok....

This stuff happenes to me all the damn time i don't talk to him about it. Because he sleeps in the guest bedroom due to the fact he doesen't wan't to be up at 4:30am... My step mom works in the same job she does... Anyways speaking of Step Moms....

I absolutely hate her shes like a living nightmare with no freaken soul. Like we won't speak to each other sometimes... But i try hard enough to not get pissed at her... I can understand cleaning and all that. But she is all like "i wan't to take your dad and move out to Pittsburgh" and rants and goes on and on and on about Pittsburgh like it's a new founded state. Arghh sometimes i wish she would go away and leave me the FUCK alone. But as for the moving back to Pittsburgh thing i told my mom about it and she talked to my dad and asked if he will ever stay if my step mom popped the question.

He told my mom he won't.... But anyways man my life is pretty crazy sometimes. All im asking for is help to deal with the stress i have is there any help for me to deal with it?

Well, about the music thing: Sometimes parents are just pissed and want quiet, and if we ask you to turn it down, do it. It is not like you can not ever play it, just turn it down.

About fighting with your dad: You know, from the sounds of your step mom, he is probably under a lot of pressure, and I would almost bet thet getting up at 430 am is not why he is sleeping in the guest room.

About being a step mom: It is a hard thing to be. Yes, she is probably a bitch sometimes, but look at it from her point of view, a step mom has to find her place in YOUR family, not you find one in hers. Some try to do that by being overbearing and others do that by spoiling.

About stress: Welcome to life. There will always, and I do mean ALWAYS be crazy, stressful, insane times. When I feel to stressed, I write about it or talk to my family about it. The best way I have found to deal with stress is ask yourself "Why do I feel this way?" Go through the process of what happened to make you feel stressed. Beware of mind traps, like overgeneralization (My dad is always an asshole, my step mom always acts like that, I cant do anything right). Once you look at the logical sequence of events that led to your stress, have it written down and take it to the stressor, like your step mom, and talk to her about it. Be mature, not childish. You could start by saying things like "I am feeling extra stress because I am worried that when/if you and my father move to pittsburgh, I will not be part of this family anymore, and I will not be able to see the both of you." You would probably be surprised by her reaction.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Hey man, long time no post! I still remember ya ;).

I sorted the audio issue in my house out with my dad. My father writes radio spots, he also does a lot of consulting, and he's very good at what he does, but he works out of his house. He would always come in and tell us to turn our game/music/whatever down, because he was trying to work. I explained to him that he blasts his radio spots rather loud without realizing it, and that I feel that I have a high end stereo system I can never use, etc. and that I actually look forward to being able to use it when he goes out of town on business. He put himself in my shoes pretty quickly and it's no longer a problem. And he's never hypocritical. We both love music, so he comprehended quickly. But he's Classical and Opera and I'm metal and electronic :thumbsup:.

People need things put in perspective sometimes. Just go for it. I waited three years on that issue. YAY! NOW YOU GO!

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
dude, seriously if this is the extent of your gripes in life i say ah-koo-na-ma-tada! either that or someone should fart on your head to give you something to complain about. :thumbsup:

MUFFDIVER

Banned - What an Asshat!
What are you doin up at 4:30 am anyway if you were my kid i'd slap ya in the tooth go to bed :mfinger:

Hater808

The hate still Shapes me
Get some head phones, then when they try to talk to you you have a reason for not listening. It works for me. It funny but my parents said you can attract more bee's with honey than viniger. Well thats fuck up who wants bee's around so, even though kindness goes a long way. Just Kill the bee's.