Fan Help

Descent

Hella Constipated
I am currently using a Compaq case for my system...and I have no clue about the fan mount specs. I want to put a window kit and lights into it, because I love working with it so much.

I measured the rear fan mount and got 120mm. But is the fan measurement for the actual fan, or the housing around it? I was able to mount an 80mm fan in it, with a bit of patience and retrofitting, but it looks ghetto as hell.

I'm looking at a ThermalTake Thunderblade fan...it's a real spiffy one!

MaxPower

Sweep the leg
Staff
Descent said:
I am currently using a Compaq case for my system...and I have no clue about the fan mount specs. I want to put a window kit and lights into it, because I love working with it so much.

I measured the rear fan mount and got 120mm. But is the fan measurement for the actual fan, or the housing around it? I was able to mount an 80mm fan in it, with a bit of patience and retrofitting, but it looks ghetto as hell.

I'm looking at a ThermalTake Thunderblade fan...it's a real spiffy one!
You measure the width of the fan cage (the square frame) 120mm = about 4 3/4 inches

Descent

Hella Constipated
Perfect! It will fit!

Sadly, I just blew all my cash on dual 2600+'s and a second silent CPU HSF...WAH! No window kit for a while...