WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fan Help

Descent

Hella Constipated
I am currently using a Compaq case for my system...and I have no clue about the fan mount specs. I want to put a window kit and lights into it, because I love working with it so much.

I measured the rear fan mount and got 120mm. But is the fan measurement for the actual fan, or the housing around it? I was able to mount an 80mm fan in it, with a bit of patience and retrofitting, but it looks ghetto as hell.

I'm looking at a ThermalTake Thunderblade fan...it's a real spiffy one!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Descent said:
I am currently using a Compaq case for my system...and I have no clue about the fan mount specs. I want to put a window kit and lights into it, because I love working with it so much.

I measured the rear fan mount and got 120mm. But is the fan measurement for the actual fan, or the housing around it? I was able to mount an 80mm fan in it, with a bit of patience and retrofitting, but it looks ghetto as hell.

I'm looking at a ThermalTake Thunderblade fan...it's a real spiffy one!
You measure the width of the fan cage (the square frame) 120mm = about 4 3/4 inches

Descent

Hella Constipated
Perfect! It will fit!

Sadly, I just blew all my cash on dual 2600+'s and a second silent CPU HSF...WAH! No window kit for a while...