WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fat Acceptance Movement

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
I have no problem with people that are fat. I just hate when fat people push other people into being fat and not eating a proper diet. Don't act persecuted when other people want to be healthier! Healthy is good! Fatness is unhealthy! These idiots need to learn that being fat isn't sexy or healthy. Lose the damn weight before you have a heart attack!

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
I have no problem with people that are fat. I just hate when fat people push other people into being fat and not eating a proper diet. Don't act persecuted when other people want to be healthier! Healthy is good! Fatness is unhealthy! These idiots need to learn that being fat isn't sexy or healthy. Lose the damn weight before you have a heart attack!
Eat a dick you judgemental cock. I'll eat ice cream on my doughnut burger.

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
What I do not like is when fat people call people, who have a healthy weight (body fat percentage), "skinny".

I think the word "skinny" is more derogatory than the word "fat", because the word "skinny" is inaccurate. Thin people do not have excess skin, but fat people certainly have excess fat.

I'm fat. I don't think the words are derogatory typically because usually they are used in a manner that is simply truth. xD I don't hate on healthy people though lol. I continue to support them through their battles.

I would never force a healthy person to become fat. BUT DID YOU KNOW. There has been a study done when you are happy with your partner you typically get fat together. xD Although there are the cases where individuals work out together and etc. But that takes like a re-wiring and a lot of focus.

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
:pics::gtfo::camwhore:
(You mean, you are not your avatar?)

There has been a study done when you are happy with your partner you typically get fat together.
I think people just typically get fat over time.
Also, if they do not need to attract a mate, then they do not care about their appearance so much.

Jesse Static

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I have never once seen fat people pressure other people to be fat, unless it's like... a kink thing. This all smells like you're trying awful hard to find something to be mad about.

:pics::gtfo::camwhore:
(You mean, you are not your avatar?)

I think people just typically get fat over time.
Also, if they do not need to attract a mate, then they do not care about their appearance so much.
lulz. xD to the first part

I think that's part of the study was that since they are happy with their mate they don't feel the need to attract a mate. I don't think we all get fat over time, I know some food effects the body differently the older you get but it's because the metabolism slows down. Typically your weight won't change drastically though as you get older. It'll be "average"

Crazizniac

Particinator
This discussion has really evolved into interesting opinions and conjecture. I wish I knew more about it as I have always been skinny. My family has always been under weight and all males in my family have lost significant weight in our thirties and forties prior to dyeing young, 46 - 56 on average. So my son is in his early 20's and is fat. I am not critical of this, he just doesn't appreciate sweat and pursues docile endeavors. I wonder if he will break the chain of early demise by protecting his body in ways that typically males in my family ignore. By the time I was his age I had suffered a amputated (below elbow) arm injury, the doctors at DGH did a great job of reataching it and telling me to give it about ten years to regain function - it only took about 5; numerous concussions and a list of broken bones that rivals any rodeo participant - I did bulldog when I was in my early thirties. Yes that did produce numerous fractures. Anyway thanks for the discussion I find it extremely interesting.

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
I'm wondering, though: If this movement gains momentum, how hard would it be to stop them?

Tsuki

Flame Bait
I'm wondering, though: If this movement gains momentum, how hard would it be to stop them?
As hard as stopping the Run of the Bulls alone. Best bet is to herd them like cattle at that point. If they are legitimately trying to push the fat life style on those who are not fat, then they can't be that smart can they?

Love the joke btw XD