WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

fathers, are they god?

SilentHunter

One Shot, One Kill
why is it that fathers never give a damn what you do untill you do something they dont like, and if you do something to better your life they want to take the god damn mother fucking credit, this may not be the case for everyone but when my father starts "braging" to people about what i am doing i want to quit, not only quit what i am doin but to shoot it smash it burn it and set off a thermo nuclear devise next to it

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
SilentHunter said:
why is it that fathers never give a damn what you do untill you do something they dont like, and if you do something to better your life they want to take the god damn mother fucking credit, this may not be the case for everyone but when my father starts "braging" to people about what i am doing i want to quit, not only quit what i am doin but to shoot it smash it burn it and set off a thermo nuclear devise next to it
It depends on your father, I suppose. My dad is proud of all of his kids, even the one in prison, because he loves us. My step dad is a fucktard, and can't stand any of us (except me, but thats because i stand my ground and he respects that).

Have you thought about talking to your dad about how you feel?

SilentHunter said:
My dad finds fault in everything and everyone-- especially me (It's not just me who thinks this. Other family members agree) This sounds stupid but I wouldn't mind if he tried to take some credit for my accomplishments because atleast then he'd acknowledge them.

It doesn't piss me off as much as it used to though. I now realize it's not my fault he is a negative person.

SilentHunter

One Shot, One Kill
further prob.

the problem is more complex, my dad has many health problems (diebetes, heart problems, plus mental problems) and i am his only son and his family doesnt like him so i was and am the one by his side for the past 7 years, i quit school to take care of him and i was in the 12th grade, however he wasnt there when i was a child he was smoking crack. he wants me to be a little kid sit on his knee and awe at what he has to say to me. we have major conflicts of intrest but he cant get excited or he may die from his health conditions, this leaves me in a weird place. i cant leave his house do to the fact of who is goin to take care of him i cant talk to him or aruge with him about the things that piss me off because i dont want to be angry at him when he kicks the bucket.

I don't think all father's are like your father. Your father is probobly just trying to show you how proud he is of you by bragging about you. He's probobly bragging too because he feels like he did a good job raising you.

If he's ill - he might be giving you so much discipline because he feels like his time to teach you things is running short, and his way of teaching is discipline?