WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Music Favorite Bands? Bands that you hate?

Pepto Bismol21

We Are The Virus Of Life.
Hate a band? Love a band? Lets here'em...

I have a few personal favorite bands that I like....

(Not in order)

Pink Floyd
Korn
Slipknot
Rage Against The Machine
System Of A Down
Beatles
Red Hot Chili Peppers

I dont want to bore you....but share some of your favorite bands...or the bands that you think suck ass....

Jung

???
Premium
Favorites bands: (Traditional type stuff; music created with love, skill and real instruments.)
Bad Religion
NOFX
Pink Floyd
Miles Davis
REM
Blue Traveler
Dave Mathews Band
Corrosion of Conformity
Lynard Skynard
B.B. King
Pennywise
Down
Sublime
Depeche Mode

Favorite hip hop/Raggae: (Non traditional music; requires no skill or musical knowledge to compose. These guy are just farting on a microphone and randomly smacking a beat machine. In fact, these guys are so untalented that you'll never hear them on the radio)
Wu Tang (any and all)
Murs
Dj Shadow
The Kleptones
Zion I
Tiko
Beatnuts
MC Chris
KRS One
Brand Nubian
N.E.R.D
Sizzla
Capleton
Peter Tosh
Bob Marley
Nujabes
Blackalicious
Jurassic 5
U.N.K.L.E

Favorite electronic: (Not only do these guys fit the above description, they're fucking ravers. They have even less skill than the guys farting and smacking. These idiots have been reduced to merely drooling on their equipment. Pay no attention to the distinct beats and rythmic patterns; it's all a farce. Your brain is being tricked into that assumption by the LSD the ravers embedded inot the CD or mp3. Yes, it is now possible to does thousands of children with LSD, simply by having them listen to "techno." Good day America!
)
Dj SS
Tester
Breakfasterz
Hybrid
Krinjah
Adam F
Andy C
Dj Hype
LTJ Bukem
SoundMurderer
Remarc
Photek
Black Sun Empire
Technical Itch

I'll stop posting such shitty and talentless musicians though. If you really want to see what I've been listening to, check out my Audioscrobbler.com profile

Pepto Bismol21

Thanks for shareing....

I want to sugest a electioric band/group

The PropellerHeads
good stuff

And Pink Floyd kicks major ass

Jung

???
Premium
Pepto Bismol21 said:
I want to sugest a electioric band/group
The PropellerHeads
Thanks, but if it wasn't obvious from my list, I'll explain. I only like breakbeats; this would include all forms of breakbeat(progressive, nu skool, electro etc), drum and bass and jungle. I even occasionally enjoy some two step or UK garage. I'm not much into the generic "techno" type stuff though. I'm familiar with PropellerHeads though, I listened to them in high school. They're ok, I guess, just not what I like.

I'd like to pose a question though; Hip hop vs. electronic. They're both created using the same methods. This would make electronic simple and "not really music", correct?

Pepto Bismol21

"I'd like to pose a question though; Hip hop vs. electronic. They're both created using the same methods. This would make electronic simple and "not really music", correct?"

Your very right, they are both made the same way. But my friends can play some of there songs on the bass, and well i think his version is better. Maybe if he played some hip hop on an bass or guitar, drums even. I would like some of that, but i dont think he is going to do that...

An incomplete list. This is some stuff I have in my Soulseek folder.

Anal Cunt
As The Sun Sets
Benumb
Capitalist Casualties
Charles Bronson
Daughters
Dead Milkmen
Disrupt
Ed Gein
Fuck On The Beach
Lightning Bolt
Mr. Bungle
Narthex
Noxagt
Nuclear Rabbit
Phobia
Spazz
Toxic Narcotic
XfilesX
Bathtub Shitter
White Mice
Crossed Out
The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravanganza
Man Is The Bastard
Crowpath
The Red Chord
Converge
Botch
Straight to Hell
Supersuckers
Backstabbers Inc.
Chuck Berry
Cryptopsy
Exhumed
Gorgoroth
Insult
Napalm Death
Necronomitron
Pink and Brown
Rattus
Sabbat
Sightings
The Meteors

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
are those bands? does knowing obscure and "indie" bands that nobody else knows make you cool? I've heard of maybe 3 bands on that list.

They're not indie bands. It's all hardcore and grind and metal shit. Most of it anyway. I'm not trying to listen to it just to seem cool, but I'm just a music nerd. I like this stuff. It can be hard to find music I like, so I have to dig for it. But yes, I assure you everything on that list is actually a band.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
I can't list everything, it would cover atleast 1-2 pages.
Lets just say I'm a fan of music cept country. :thumbsup:

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
TheLampIncident said:
They're not indie bands. It's all hardcore and grind and metal shit. Most of it anyway. I'm not trying to listen to it just to seem cool, but I'm just a music nerd. I like this stuff. It can be hard to find music I like, so I have to dig for it. But yes, I assure you everything on that list is actually a band.
so where do you learn about all these bands?

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
Pepto Bismol21 said:
Hate a band? Love a band? Lets here'em...

I have a few personal favorite bands that I like....

(Not in order)

Pink Floyd
Korn
Slipknot
Rage Against The Machine
System Of A Down
Beatles
Red Hot Chili Peppers

I dont want to bore you....but share some of your favorite bands...or the bands that you think suck ass....
Pink Floyed...The Beatles? Ewww. Anyway, could not list them all, it would be too many...lol...I am a fan of rock, punk, and some techno...hehe

Jung

???
Premium
Cuddles said:
Pink Floyed...The Beatles? Ewww.
Classics! They're both great bands. I'd definately respect someone for listening to the classics over Korn and Slipknot. I'm surprised nobody commented on some of the items in my list though.
Cuddles said:
some techno...hehe
Not to be rude, but please don't. It's not techno, it's electronic music. Furthermore, there are distinct genres and subgenres. Learn them or don't talk about it. "Techno" is actually a specific genre of electronic music( ie acid techno or detroit techno) , it's not a generalization or category. It's what MTV and others who are clueless about electronic music use to lump all of it together, because they're too lazy to learn what it really is. For example; trance is a hge difference from breakbeat, same would go for breakbeat and house etc.

Sorry, just a silly pet peave of mine.

Also, I'm curious as to what punk bands you like? I'm a fan of punk as well. :cool:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Well, time to comment on your list Junglizm :thumbsup:

Junglizm said:
Blackalicious
Murs
Jurrasic 5
Zion I
I'm in love with all of these guys. Maybe you should check out (you may have already heard them):

Atmosphere
The Grouch and Eligh
Del Tha Funky Homosapien
The Living Legends Crew

They're all some of my favorite artists. I think you could like them :thumbsup:

As for me, I like a huge variety. Some of my favorites:

The Smashing Pumpkins (always)
Harvey Danger
The Long Winters
Victor Wooten
Geto Boyz
The Living Legends Crew

Those are just a couple on my playlist right now, I'm fairly wide-genre'd.

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
bands i like huh well start with the basics
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Pink Floyd
Punky Bruster
OLD metallica
shadows fall
children of bodom
Anthrax
3 inches of Blood
AcDc
Grim Reaper
Motley Crue
In Flames
Guns and Roses
Pipi Skid
John Smith
Gruff the Druid
McEnroe
Yy
Skid Row
Black Flag
...and alot more

Pepto Bismol21

Cuddles said:
Pink Floyed...The Beatles? Ewww. Anyway, could not list them all, it would be too many...lol...I am a fan of rock, punk, and some techno...hehe

*Gasp* How could you be a fan of punk and rock?! With out liking Pink Floyd? Gotta love the classics...plus its music you get high to...yay

Pepto Bismol21

FUBAR said:
bands i like huh well start with the basics
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Pink Floyd
Punky Bruster
OLD metallica
shadows fall
children of bodom
Anthrax
3 inches of Blood
AcDc
Grim Reaper
Motley Crue
In Flames
Guns and Roses
Pipi Skid
John Smith
Gruff the Druid
McEnroe
Yy
Skid Row
Black Flag
...and alot more
You sir are great!
Pink Floyd! Love'em
AC DC are fantastic
Guns and Roses, Exceltent!
Children Of The Bodom, also good.
And Yeah! OLD Metallica, they started it all.
I take it you don't like a lot of the new stuff?

tbsrk said:
so where do you learn about all these bands?
It's based on area I guess. There's a lot of local stuff I listen to. Also, you hear of a few big name bands in a scene and then you work your way down through compilations and whatnot. What bands come through your area are a good source. Record labels as well. There's a lot of bands on Relapse Records that I like. Local favorites include Load Records and Trash Art.

junglizm said:
I'm surprised nobody commented on some of the items in my list though.
I don't really know much about electronic or hip hop so I can't comment on that but I can comment on your list of rock/punk bands. I don't like a single one of them(there's only a couple bands/artists on your list I haven't heard). Probably the most tolerable band on that list would be NOFX in my opinion.

[sky] said:
Two best bands ever A.F.I.- A Fire Inside
Eww. You called A Faggot Inside one of the best bands ever. Loser.