WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Favorite "It's O.K." Song

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
There was a rash of threads like this a while ago... I'm pretty sure none were like this, though.

Do you have a song that you listen to when you're down? A song that, no matter what, makes you feel better? A song that cheers you up despite everything around you?

I have two:

"If There Is a God (Piano Version)" by The Smashing Pumpkins

"If there is a God.... I know she's watching me, she says she likes what she sees, but there's trouble on the breeze...

Who are you, this time? Are you one of us, flying blind? Cause I'm down here throwing stones, but you're so far from home..."

The other one is "Farewell and Goodnight" by The Smashing Pumpkins. That one always helps me out too.

MsPunK

Tenderony
if you are down listen to "why do they rock so hard" by reel big fish and dance all the way through. tht cannot fail.

theLPsoilder

shit happens
yo

i would have to say the song i listened to when im down would either have to be.

lying from you-linkin park

thank you-led zeppelin

everybody hurts-r.e.m.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I was going to say "Don't bash anybody else's music, it obviously means something to them." But then you had to name yourself "theLPsoilder" and talk about Linkin Park. Linkin Park and Metallica have to be two of the worst bands to ever walk this earth. You couldn't even spell soldier correctly.

Dick. :mfinger:

Jung

???
Premium
  • Jimi Hendrix - Earth Blues
  • Zion I - Finger Paint
  • Bob Marley - Redemption Song
  • Sizzla - Get to the Point
  • Operation Ivy - Unity
  • DOWN - Stone the Crow
  • Corrosion of Conformity - Albatros
  • Corrosion of Conformity - Clean my Wounds
  • Any and all Pink Floyd, R.E.M. or Bad Religion
  • Anything by Hybrid, DJ Hyper or Shiloh
  • Anything by LTJ Bukem or EZ Rollers
:thumbsup:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Another one: "Lake Release" by Grouch and Eligh.

"When G & E is in the flesh, We're fresh with Styles, Bring it to the crowds, sing it out loud, put your palm to the gods, if you're sick of facades and you wanna go down to the lake for a break, take this journey don't be scared, be prepared, for the light that shines from the top of the spine, to the mind out the mouth, creativity release."

theLPsoilder

shit happens
junglizm said:
  • Jimi Hendrix - Earth Blues
  • Zion I - Finger Paint
  • Bob Marley - Redemption Song
  • Sizzla - Get to the Point
  • Operation Ivy - Unity
  • DOWN - Stone the Crow
  • Corrosion of Conformity - Albatros
  • Corrosion of Conformity - Clean my Wounds
  • Any and all Pink Floyd, R.E.M. or Bad Religion
  • Anything by Hybrid, DJ Hyper or Shiloh
  • Anything by LTJ Bukem or EZ Rollers
:thumbsup:

r.e.m. kicks ass awosme chose ive seen them live twice ;)

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
theLPsoilder said:
u got to be kidding me man u can;t think of a band that is worse theb linkin park.

wow.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

u need to listen to more music then

bitch :mfinger:
I can think of quite a few. Off the top of my head:

Metallica
Zero Cool
D12
Jay-Z

However, Linkin Park is horrific in its sucking.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
"How Far is Heaven" Los Lonely Boys
"Money for Nothing" Dire Straits
"All you Pretty Ones" The Exies

Their not "Ohhh boy it's ok your not-so-fucked-up as me" songs or anything, but their songs that cheer me up if needed.

Jung

???
Premium
Icarus said:
However, Linkin Park is horrific in its sucking.
I'd have to agree with that, they're too generic. But then again most MTV nu metal bands are. Imo Slipknot/Korn/Lincoln Park all sound pretty much the same, and none of them are worth my time or money. I like hearing something new, not the same regurgitated styles and vocals. The MTV generation of music really has no innovation or progression; it's all generic and stagnant.

At least that's my opinion.

theLPsoilder

shit happens
junglizm said:
I'd have to agree with that, they're too generic. But then again most MTV nu metal bands are. Imo Slipknot/Korn/Lincoln Park all sound pretty much the same, and none of them are worth my time or money. I like hearing something new, not the same regurgitated styles and vocals. The MTV generation of music really has no innovation or progression; it's all generic and stagnant.

At least that's my opinion.

ahhahahahahahahahahhah what linkin park sounds nothing like slipknot that is a horrible comparison.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
That's a coincidence. It's also a horrible band.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Midtown - Just Rock and Roll
American Hi-fi - The Break-up Song
Hot Action Cop - Fever for the Flava

to name a few.

Jung

???
Premium
Smoke said:
I'm shocked jung, no ZZ top?
I like them and I have a lot of their albums, they just didn't fit into this thread.
Cuddles said:
Lmao, sorry Jung, that was just too funny.
I don't get it. I guess ZZ Top isn't cool with the younger kids. :(

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
junglizm said:
I like them and I have a lot of their albums, they just didn't fit into this thread.

I don't get it. I guess ZZ Top isn't cool with the younger kids. :(
Naw, its alright, its just not the latest thing thats all. :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
Cuddles said:
Naw, its alright, its just not the latest thing thats all. :thumbsup:
Yeah, I don't put much worth in new music though. The latest and greatest isn't always that great. I listen to what I like, not what MTV says I should like. Not saying that you do, but to me most new rock is pure garbage. Everything sounds the pretty much the same, and there's no innovation or progression. :( I actually like very few newer "popular" bands.