WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Favorite (Older) Final Fantasy

Favorite (Older) Final Fantasy

• Final Fantasy 1- started it all

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Final Fantasy 6- last top-down style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy 7- had Cloud and Sephiroth

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Final Fantasy 8- Squall

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Final Fantasy 9- the lil kids

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy 10- Tidus, Yuna, etc.

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Easty

Click click boom
so what is it, you playstation buffs? right now im playing 7, but im somewhat on 10 also.

FF9 Is my favorite. I played it for quite a while got on disc 3 and then BAM a poor decision and a bad time to save and I was fucked.

Farceur

Philosophy Nazi
Premium
#8 hands down, the bestt out of the olders.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Nope. You're both wrong.

FFX IS the best.

Disagree and I'll e-remove your nuts with a busted peanut butter jar.

Farceur

Philosophy Nazi
Premium
haha tidus is pretty cool, but i love the story of 8, with squall, sipher, laguna, its just so freaking awesome.

hoffy

joshhoffy
ive played and finished almost of all of them except for 1 and 2. but 9 is the best when it first come out i usta play it all the time but 10 is good also.ahhhh screw it thay are all good :D

Jung

???
Premium
FFX IS the best.
I agreee.

I only played 7, some of 9 and 10. In my opinion, 10 was the best, both for the graphics and he story line. 7 drug along and points for me, and I never got far enough into 9 to care about it.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
I remember 7-10 (I'm pretty sure I've played some older ones, but I sure as hell don't remember em besides Adventure, Legend 2 and Legend 3 on game boy), so I'll sum em up for those of you with less-than-clear memory.

FF7-Semi-modern. Game starred Cloud, a solider who dressed like a fairy, even by Japanese standards. I'll never really understand the purple jumpsuit. As it starts, Cloud and the other characters play the parts of eco-terrorists and kill innocent people "for the greater good". Eventually, they start chasing around the guy in the the black cloak while Cloud wonders about his past.

FF8-Semi-modern. Game starred Squall, an angst-ridden goth teenager. He becomes a mercenary with a few other students and takes orders from a ragtag group of freedom fighters. Eventually, they start chasing around sorceresses while Squall tries to act depressed.

FF9-Medieval. Game starred Zidane, the world's horniest monkey man thief. The game starts as Zidane and his gang kidnap the princess. Eventually, they start chasing around a guy in a white cloak while Zidane tries to get some royal pussy.

FFX-Semi-modern. Game starred Tidus, a jock. The game starts as Tidus gets sent to a world he knows nothing about and meets a few nice people. Eventually, they start chasing around a big monster while Tidus tries to go home.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
junglizm said:
In my opinion, 10 was the best, both for the graphics and he story line.
My point exactly. Everyone else loses the nuts.

I thought the graphics were pretty awesome-o for the time. The story line was cool as well. Although FFX2 had great graphics as well...the story sucked ass. What was cool about the story in FFX was you play it for umteen hours, beat the game, to find out that you were dead from the very begining.
Hmm...bummer.

Our pal, Anima.​

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I liked FFX. The story, and the graphics were awesome. However, you had to follow a certain path, and it wasn't a free-roaming world like all of the other FF's in the series.

That's the one thing about the FF series that I really liked. You could go where you wanted, when you wanted; and nothing could stop you.

But as far as favorite. Definitly, either FFX or FFIX.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
gehtfuct said:
I thought the graphics were pretty awesome-o for the time. The story line was cool as well.
The graphics are still pretty amazing by today's standards.

gehtfuct said:
Although FFX2 had great graphics as well...the story sucked ass.
Damn near everything about that game sucked ass. :rotflmao:

gehtfuct said:

Our pal, Anima.​
The world's most deadly crane game prize!

0nlyangel

alright sunnyD
i started 7,8,9 over the weekend so when ever i died i just switched to a different one but i also started legend of dragoon again AFTER I SAVED OVER MY FILE ON DISC FOUR i was so mad :gun: :bomb: :mfinger: so i started a new game and on disc four i was right at the last boss to so close to beating the game:mfinger: its gay

0nlyangel

alright sunnyD
Nailbomb said:
The graphics are still pretty amazing by today's standards.

Damn near everything about that game sucked ass. :rotflmao:

The world's most deadly crane game prize!
omg the story line for x and x-2 KICKED ASS tho i didnt get the full 100% also know i cant beat the game again because my brother has my game in MA

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Descent said:
Fuck RPG's. There. I said it.

Happy now?
You don't like Final Fantasy, we geht that.

I don't like the endless drivel you spout over computer upgrades.
Do I shit on those redundant threads of yours? No I don't.

Take your meds and stop being a dick.

....or your posts will be deleted. :bomb:

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I liked many of them, but number 1 started it all and helped me get through some hard times in the Army. Now I have the Upgraded FF1 for the Gameboy SP I have, and I like it even more and sometimes play it at work. It's a lot lot easier than the first one, but it's still fun to kill time.

Aslo, Descent I agree with geht on this one! That's just shitty to troll the thread like that, plus RPG's rule, so......

Descent

Hella Constipated
Eh, whatever. That ain't trolling, IMO. I just don't like "LOL random battles" when i'm trying to get to places.

I'm contributing to the thread now. I've played *SOME* Phantasy Star II for Genesis, and since I own a PS-X I'm *CONSIDERING* buying FF7.

See? Told you all i was open minded.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Genesis is butt!!

See how lame this post is when my point is not made clear?

I don't like Genesis because:..it's old hat...it's retro 80's...blah...blah...blah....
Or something that is remotely in common with the topic. Please stick to the topic in this forum.
You've been here way too long to not know of the simple rules Descent.

You don't like RPG's in respect to Final Fantasy games....blah...blah.

It's that simple.

Carry on.