WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Favourite British Sitcom

what is your favourite british comedy show?

• monty python's flying circus

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • black books

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • spaced

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • some mothers do have 'em

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • blackadder

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • are you being served?

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • drop the dead donkey

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • fawlty towers

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • red dwarf

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • the goodies

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
think i'll stop posting threads about british shows and post a poll

I voted for space. I have never heard of this show, nor any of the others. Space just sounds like a stoners show. Uf so, it is my kind of show.

</rant>

Tenderony
Where's Teachers?!?! That show fucking owns all of them. And Green Wing?

Red Dwarf and Black Books close behind.

</rant>

Monty Python is an ultimate classic.

You are missing some poll options though, there are better shows than what you've given us.

Jung

???
Premium
Red Dwarf and Black Adder. I always preferred the Monty Python movies though.

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
HavokChylde said:
Monty Python is an ultimate classic.

You are missing some poll options though, there are better shows than what you've given us.
i only had 10 poll options maximum, but in hindsight i could've prepared a better selection

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Monty Python wasn't a sitcom, it was sketch comedy. But I'm assuming that that wasn't really the point of the excercise though, and you were just interested in our favourite British comedy. If that's the case, my vote's for Monty Python.

Skorch said:
Monty Python wasn't a sitcom, it was sketch comedy. But I'm assuming that that wasn't really the point of the excercise though, and you were just interested in our favourite British comedy. If that's the case, my vote's for Monty Python.

Oh don't analyze shit so much.

Bibas

That's Illogical.
Red Dwarf, Monty Python and of course Black Adder. Have all of the episodes od dvd, it just rocks, can't stop watching it, over, and over, and over again...

Jung

???
Premium
HavokChylde said:
Oh don't analyze shit so much.
Well, for the sake of correctness, that's why I didn't vote for it. I wasn't aware of a Monty Python sitcom, so I wasn't going to vote for it. I do, however, like the films.

junglizm said:
Well, for the sake of correctness, that's why I didn't vote for it. I wasn't aware of a Monty Python sitcom, so I wasn't going to vote for it. I do, however, like the films.

Monty Python and the Flying Circus was a bit of a skit show.

So I guess when you get down to it, this poll is worthless, but BRiTs are ok in my book. :thumbsup:

bnccoder

Postaholic
junglizm said:
Hardly.

What makes you think he was?
I saw Monty Python and Red's name just clicked and I thought he might have been.

switch_scribe

dolor ex fides
Monty Python will always be first in any category they are placed in. Blackadder and Red Dwarf are also excellent. I also really like the Vicar of Dibley and Father Ted, because they are just blasphemous enough.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Monty Python 4eva!

No but seriously, nobody expects the spanish inquisition.

Good british shows.. not all sit coms...

Keeping up appearances

The mighty boosh

Peepshow

Father Ted

Coupling

Have I got news for you

Room 101

The vicar of Dibley

Jack

Personable
Fawlty Towers: Sweet fucking Christ is that show funny. The right amount of slap-stick, superb acting, story lines, etc....

It's a shame there are only twelve episodes.

Black Books and Dylan Moran's funny ass take the silver.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Jack said:
Fawlty Towers: Sweet fucking Christ is that show funny. The right amount of slap-stick, superb acting, story lines, etc....

It's a shame there are only twelve episodes.

Black Books and Dylan Moran's funny ass take the silver.

So true.

Black books, Red dwarf, are also great.
I love Blackadder!
And, some mothers do av 'em.

And, Monty Python of course.