WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Fed Up with this shavo crap...

Should She Be Kept Alive?

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Freakless

One Horn3y Mofo
Fed Up with this Schiavo crap...

I'm fed up with the fucking media, and republicans...

First, the media wants to go in and video tape her.... like she is going to do anything... she is brain dead for crying out loud, unable to realize what is going on around her, she can't even eat or breathe on her own, and you want to video tape her???? Come on, leave her a lone.

Second... SINCE WHEN CAN THE GOVERMENT DECIDE FAMILY ISSUES?!?! The only reason they are doing this is because they want to make the democrats look like they are against human life...

If I was a vegitable, sucking up my family's savings to keep me "alive" I would want them to pull the plug as well. And if you can't believe the person who loved her enough to marry her to tell the truth about whether she wanted to be kept alive or not, who can you believe?

As for the parents, I don't think they grasp the fact that their daugther isn't coming back, she is missing a crucial part of her brain, she has no clue where she is, who she is, or what the fuck is going on around her.... The parents need to let go and let her die, because she is already dead.

If you believe that we shouldn't let her die because the bible tells us not to kill people, then ask yourself this, does the bible say anything about keeping people artificially alive for years after they should have died in the first place?

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
if you want anyone to take your opinion seriously....you should probably take the time to spellcheck your thread title.

Freakless

One Horn3y Mofo
bigck3000 said:
if you want anyone to take your opinion seriously....you should probably take the time to spellcheck your thread title.

Yeah, sorry it is fixed now. :cool:

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
Freakless said:

First, the media wants to go in and video tape her.... like she is going to do anything... she is brain dead for crying out loud, unable to realize what is going on around her, she can't even eat or breathe on her own, and you want to video tape her???? Come on, leave her a lone.

Second... SINCE WHEN CAN THE GOVERMENT DECIDE FAMILY ISSUES?!?! The only reason they are doing this is because they want to make the democrats look like they are against human life...

If I was a vegitable, sucking up my family's savings to keep me "alive" I would want them to pull the plug as well. And if you can't believe the person who loved her enough to marry her to tell the truth about whether she wanted to be kept alive or not, who can you believe?

As for the parents, I don't think they grasp the fact that their daugther isn't coming back, she is missing a crucial part of her brain, she has no clue where she is, who she is, or what the fuck is going on around her.... The parents need to let go and let her die, because she is already dead.

If you believe that we shouldn't let her die because the bible tells us not to kill people, then ask yourself this, does the bible say anything about keeping people artificially alive for years after they should have died in the first place?
Dude, I am with you on this one :thumbsup:

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Ummm dude... she can breathe on her own. She can kinda move, and does kinda make noises. The family has taken that to mean that she's not brain dead. The rest of the world has taken that to mean she has involuntary motor response.

If she couldn't breath on her own this shit would have been over a LONG fucking time ago.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
UberSkippy said:
Ummm dude... she can breathe on her own. She can kinda move, and does kinda make noises. The family has taken that to mean that she's not brain dead. The rest of the world has taken that to mean she has involuntary motor response.

If she couldn't breath on her own this shit would have been over a LONG fucking time ago.
Just like the Brainsmonkey said, a chicken can still run around with his head cut off that does not mean that the chicken is alive. Same with Shaivo, she is brain dead with no feelings, hearing, and seeing abilities. Although she can move, it does not mean she is alive. It is just her nerves that are making her body move, not her ability to think with her brain to do that.

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
wtf is this shavo shit? i dont watch tv or anything plz explain

Freakless

One Horn3y Mofo
Zickddot said:
wtf is this shavo shit? i dont watch tv or anything plz explain

Ok, in a nutshell, because thats where you are... lol

First off, Doctors have examined her and concluded that she is brain-dead, totally unaware of what is going on around her. She is besically a vegitable.

Suposedly she told her husband before she was injured that if she ever became incapacitated that she did not wish be kept alive through artificial means, but there is no writen documentation.

Her parents on the other hand believe that she should be kept alive because they think that she is aware, and not totally brain-dead.

The goverment decided to get involved because they did not agree with the courts decision to end her life, and passed a law taking the case to a federal court.

Just recently the media, being the unmoral satanists that they are tried to get cameras into Schaivo's room to video tape her.

That is it in a nut shell as best as I can describe it...

tzedek

Original Member
Im fed up with morons making new threads about it

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I know a hilarious secret about Schiavo that I can't tell anyone.

Maybe if/when she's dead. Until then, it's top-secret.

shaekatherine

I'm a lover not a flamer.
props

Freakless said:

:thumbsup: Totally.

Freakless

One Horn3y Mofo
I hate the FCC said:
Terry Schiavo has invaded wtf.com. There is already a poll for this. Away with you, you bore me.
Oh, sorry I'm new here lol, I don't know what has been posted before and what hasn't. I didn't see anything posted about this already, and I just saw a news story on her for the 5th time today I had to post my about my frustration.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
It's ok Freakless... your's was just the 4th thread about it. And as was stated in at least one of the other threads we need 5. Now had you been the 6th to start a thread... then you'd need your nuts snapped with a rubber band.

tzedek

Original Member
Freakless said:
she can't even eat or breathe on her own, and you want to video tape her???? Come on, leave her a lone.
she can breathe on her own

Since 1776 my friend. They make the laws that govern us.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
This whole thing is bullshit media hype. Every day, hundreds of people are taken off life support or feeding tubes; or not put on them to begin with. Every day there are court decisions to either do it or not. Why has the media and government chosen to make a big deal out of this one. I semi-take that back. The government is making a big deal out of it only because the media picked it up.

My GF is in the medical field. She sees this all the time. Often there is debate between family members on what to do.

The shavo case is in no way unique, except for the fact that it has drawn media attention, and as a result government officials that would normally never have anything to do with it; are scrambling to act in one way or another.

Freakless

One Horn3y Mofo
Terri's Husband said:
She doesn't feel pain. She doesn't feel hunger. (She) will drift off to a nice little sleep and eventually pass on to be with God.

This is what Terri wanted. This is her wish. I feel like the government has just trampled all over my personal life.

I'm outraged, and I think that every American in this country should also be outraged that this government is trampling all over a personal family matter that has been adjudicated in the courts for seven years.
Terri's Mother said:
My daughter is in the building behind me starving to death. We laugh together, we cry together, we smile together, we talk together. She is my life.

Terri is not in the condition that they portray her... she's a happy, healthy - I mean, she's healthy. She's brain damaged, but she's healthy.

She tries very hard to talk to me. She tries. There's a therapist, a speech therapist in Chicago that said that Terri... is talking, but she just needs some help with her vocal chords to get them to form words.

(If someone let an animal starve to death) they'd go to prison. But yet Terri can be allowed to starve to death. You've never seen anything like it... in your life, as a mother watching your child starve to death.
Some quotes from both points of view on Terri Schiavo. As you can see, the parents are still unable to let go, the mother said herself that "She is my life". I mean I understand not wanting to let go, but think of it this way...

We can't go to heaven ( if you believe in heaven ) untill we are dead, and right now they are keeping her sould trapped in this vegitable which is like purgatory( being stuck between heaven and hell after death ).

Infidel

The Militia
I do not give a damn about Shiavo. I do not think she should live or die, I haven't an opinion on the matter. Folks shouldn't be putting their nose into other people's lives.

Freakless

One Horn3y Mofo
Infidel said:
I do not give a damn about Shiavo. I do not think she should live or die, I haven't an opinion on the matter. Folks shouldn't be putting their nose into other people's lives.
Thats what I have been trying to get at... And yes I realize that I'm probably being just as bad as the media by posting about, but I have no other way of expressing how much I wish everybody would just leave them alone and let her die in peace..