WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Filling up w/ Gas

27
0
0
#1
No. this isn't about the high cost of gasoline.

I used to have a car that had the gas fill tube in the back center of the car. Flip down the license plate and there it was. Pull into the gas station either side of the pump and fill up. easy.

Now, i have one car w/ the gas cap on the passenger side and the other car w/ the gas cap on the driver's side. WAFPIA! As I pull into the station, I have to think "Is my gas cap on this side or that?" b/c of course, most gas pump hoses are only long enough to reach the near side (or the middle of the rear).

the one place that i have seen that does the gas station right is at costco's. i don't know if it's like this at every costco, but at the one i use you drive in one exit and out the other. cars aren't entering willy-nilly from every freakin' direction at once. There are 3 lanes between each pump station and each island has 2 pumps. if the pump closes to the entrance is in use, you use the middle lane to pull right up to the next one. it doesn't matter which side of the pump you pull up to b/c the hose is long enough to tie a bow around your car. Nice.

Anyone else think like this?
 

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
3,452
0
0
#2
Two cars eh? I don't even have one. I travel on foot, public transport, or bicycle and I like it that way.

But to solve your problem, just pull in on the gas tank side. Is that too frustrating? Or, pull in a little and over more so the hose can reach the other side.

Is Costco a gas station by you? 'Cause by us it's a bargain warehouse type establishment.
 
27
0
0
#3
BklynCannonball said:
Two cars eh? I don't even have one. I travel on foot, public transport, or bicycle and I like it that way.

But to solve your problem, just pull in on the gas tank side. Is that too frustrating? Or, pull in a little and over more so the hose can reach the other side.

Is Costco a gas station by you? 'Cause by us it's a bargain warehouse type establishment.
same costco. they sell gas at certain locations. in my area, everyone wants to sell gas it seems. sam's club, walmart, costgo, and now the grocery chains are getting in on it.

yeah, 2 cars--both w/ over a 100K miles on 'em. what of it? one is for me and one is for my wife to get around when i'm at work. i'm not riding a fucking bike 15 miles down the fucking highway to get to work. also, i live in a very hilly area. you can't ride a bike a quarter mile w/o coming to a hill you need to climb. not very practical mode of transportation.

pulling in close to the pump? doesn't work. FUCKING HOSE IS TOO SHORT. didn't you read the post? why should i have to think about which fucking side my gas cap is on? why don't A) car manufacturerers put the damn thing in the middle of the car or B) every gas station should be laid out like the costco i described.

it's supposed to be up to the people who sell shit to make it easier to buy stuff. i go out of my way to buy gas at costco b/c their system is easier for me.

besides, i thought this was a rant site. i'm not here to sing fucking kumbaya about the issue.
 

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
631
0
16
#5
Most cars have a little triangle on the gauge display to let u know what side the opening is on. Have you tried looking for that? On both my cars it's by the gas tank symbol and it's a triangle pointing to the left or right. Because each car is different with me as well. :thumbsup:
 

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
3,452
0
0
#6
That's an awesome invention. I wish I'd thought of that. I usually just look out the window.
 
27
0
0
#7
sinamon said:
Most cars have a little triangle on the gauge display to let u know what side the opening is on. Have you tried looking for that? On both my cars it's by the gas tank symbol and it's a triangle pointing to the left or right. Because each car is different with me as well. :thumbsup:
neither of my cars have this, but that's a good idea. my "newest" car is a '93.

BklynCannonball said:
That's an awesome invention. I wish I'd thought of that. I usually just look out the window.
BklynCannonball seems to be content to let the people who sell him shit be lazy in their pursuit of his buck. Yeah, i can look out the window, or tape a little post it note on my dashboard reminding me which side of the car my gas cap is on BUT i'd rather have some smart design in my cars and in the gas stations i use. Man, what a hard concept to grasp.
 

Janglenut

Particinator
863
0
0
#8
A hard concept is to remember what side the gas cap is on. Jesus christ you are one lazy mother fucker.


P.S. Tanks were removed from the back due to safty issues.
 
27
0
0
#9
Janglenut said:
A hard concept is to remember what side the gas cap is on. Jesus christ you are one lazy mother fucker.


P.S. Tanks were removed from the back due to safty issues.
that's bullshit. the gas cap has no bearing on where the fucking tank is numbnuts. yeah, i'm lazy. i expect good design to make my life easier. take the example of someone who travels a lot for a living. flying from city to city and renting a different car every week. is he supposed to fucking remember where the fucking gas cap is on all the different models of rental cars that he drives? Geeze, I can't believe how willing so many people are to do the work of their vendors for them.
 

Janglenut

Particinator
863
0
0
#10
Cossack said:
that's bullshit. the gas cap has no bearing on where the fucking tank is numbnuts.

Most companies aren't going to run a line throughout the entire vechicle so you lazy fucks can get your shit blown up when soemone rear ends you.




P.S. You look at the car before you get gas, and remember. You high school drop outs bug me.
 
27
0
0
#11
Janglenut said:
Most companies aren't going to run a line throughout the entire vechicle so you lazy fucks can get your shit blown up when soemone rear ends you.




P.S. You look at the car before you get gas, and remember. You high school drop outs bug me.
i've got better things to do than look at the fucking gas cap before i get in my car dipshit.

Left, right, or rear isn't going to affect the length of the fill tube by any more than a few inches einstein. in most cases the length will be the same or even shorter for the rear end position.

let's say you know what side your fill cap is on, but when you pull into the station the only open pumps are positioned for caps on the opposite side. then you have to jockey around to get your car in position, but since you have time to go look at your gas cap, i guess you have time to tour the gas station too. :gun:
 

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
3,452
0
0
#12
You can always pull up and drive reverse. It's a fucking gas cap!

You slay me.

Phones and gas caps are your woes on this earth? God bless you and the little things that piss you off.
 
27
0
0
#13
BklynCannonball said:
You can always pull up and drive reverse. It's a fucking gas cap!

You slay me.

Phones and gas caps are your woes on this earth? God bless you and the little things that piss you off.
hahahaaha. you should read my posts on whyifeelblessed.com
 

Janglenut

Particinator
863
0
0
#14
Cossack said:
i've got better things to do than look at the fucking gas cap before i get in my car dipshit.

Left, right, or rear isn't going to affect the length of the fill tube by any more than a few inches einstein. in most cases the length will be the same or even shorter for the rear end position.

let's say you know what side your fill cap is on, but when you pull into the station the only open pumps are positioned for caps on the opposite side. then you have to jockey around to get your car in position, but since you have time to go look at your gas cap, i guess you have time to tour the gas station too. :gun:
That inch is more trouble than remembering what side your gas is on.


If you can't position your car to get in a gas station, you shouldn't be driving.
 
27
0
0
#15
Janglenut said:
That inch is more trouble than remembering what side your gas is on.
not to me it ain't. last time i checked, none of my goals in life had anything to with saving the auto manufacturers any "trouble." i thought it was their goal to make MY life easier, but hey, that's just me. If you want to make things easier for GM/Ford/Toyota/MB/whatever go ahead.

Janglenut said:
If you can't position your car to get in a gas station, you shouldn't be driving.
didn't say i CAN'T positon my car, i'd just rather not. i want to pull in, fill up and leave. i don't go to the gas station w/ the intent of testing out my car's turning radius, but, like i said before, that's just me. if you like doing auto-ballet and fucking pirouette your car around the gas pumps, feel free. i'm not going to stop you (unless you're in front of me and cause a hold up in my plan hahaaha)

a gas station should be designed for convenience. same thing w/ a car.

let's say there are two gas stations right next each other. gas is the same price at each. same no. of pumps. same no. of cars in line. one has a crowded little lot with customers cars in either direction and no free lane between the pumps. the other is like the one i described at the top of this thread--big wide lanes, easy in, easy out. which do you choose?
 

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
3,452
0
0
#16
So how about this! Another invention......LONGER HOSES!

WOW!
 
27
0
0
#17
BklynCannonball said:
So how about this! Another invention......LONGER HOSES!

WOW!
yeah. i said that in the first post of this thread. here's another invention to look into: a LONGER MEMORY!

hahahahaa ;)
 

Janglenut

Particinator
863
0
0
#18
Dolts like you Cossak make accidents probable mroe and more every day.



Seriously, the gas stations today are very easy to get into, pity you can't figure out what side your pump is on.
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,979
1,397
487
#19
Guys he's obviously a troll, just ignore his drivel.
 
27
0
0
#20
Janglenut said:
Dolts like you Cossak make accidents probable mroe and more every day.

Seriously, the gas stations today are very easy to get into, pity you can't figure out what side your pump is on.

Hmmm... I don't see how. I want all cars to enter from one entrance, pull up to generously spaced pumps w/ hoses long enough to reach any corner of your vehicle and then exit at the opposite end. Seems pretty safe AND convenient to me.

I suppose that's not "macho" enough for you though. i'll watch you use the cramped station across the street as you wrestle your vehicle this way and that to back in to the right side of the pump just to have some jerk enter from the other side to take your spot. hahahaaha. No, you go ahead and do it like that b/c after all it's not right to make any "trouble" for the gas station companies. hahahhaaha

but what do i know? i'm just a dolt.