WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Final written exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
I have to write a 500 word paper in English (second language) on a specific subject related to my program (social sciences). It's to hand in tomorrow morning.

Do it for me, and you shall have rep AND a cookie :thumbsup:

I have better things to do than write a stupid paper.. Like, not write one. Fucking school, just 1 day left. Oh man, the corona tomorrow is gonna be SWEET. fuck yeah.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Fuck you Mrs. Man. i dont know you're name because the one who turned in this essay stole it off hte internet. i am writing this essay because i was promised a cookie, from the dude turning this in. if he actually turns this in id be surprised, i cant believe he wouldnt bother to read it. i mean the first word is fuck and its fucking obvious that im not going ot write this shit grammatically correct or speeled correctly. anyway im no wehrere close to 500 words so ill write a basica essay on something below:
the constitution was stupid because it was made by conservative douche bags. if i could find out whre they lived id cock slap them all and swear their faces in honey. then release the bees. oh the bees. it would be hilaireous. id video tape it and play benny hill in the background. it would be hilaireous. ill put my bibliography in the middle because im weird like that: tubgirl.com, goat.cx, roflmao.com/roofles. these sites helped me considerably. the last site i linked is actually a link tot he site im referring to, but i forgot it or saomething so use that one. okay. anyway im somewhere near like 100 words maybe, hold on ill get microsoft word out and find out... wow! 219 words this is really turning out like a good essay. let me sum up my views in the next paragraph: the following is directly copied from the internet:
I have always found Temple's book interesting, but I never felt that it "proved" anything other than that ancient Egyptian astronomy might have been quite sophisticated. It never really "proved," to me, that Nommos from Sirius ever visited the Dogons, the Sumerians, the Egyptians, or anyone else. As for most of the rest of the "ancient astronaut" crowd, they leave me cold. Von Daniken is an admitted forger and liar, and obviously is totally unaware that what he calls a "rocket ship" (the design on the tomb-lid of Pacal at Palenque) is really a Mayan representation of the afterlife. Sitchin has always been pretty suspicious to me, being an alum of the psy-ops London School of Economics, and I'm a little confused as to why his Annunaki, who created humanity as a slave race to be used and abused, should now be suddenly seen as the celestial "Saviors" of the Bible. And Hoagland disgraced himself in my eyes when he called a stone Tequesta house floor unearthed in Miami some sort of UFO landing site/crop circle analogue/Mayan-Martian mystery monument… and then accused NASA of "forging" the 1998 photos of the Mars Face which revealed it to be a natural formation.
end copyage. anyway to sum up what im saying fuck you, and give me a bad grade because if im stupid enough to use this piece of shit essay then i deserve one. And that's why the constitution is a bag of lies as opposed to the more liberal articles of confederation which was thrown out.

I could give you an essay about the unknown soldier (canadian one)... lol... i's already done! Yay... lol... that was great Wiz...

bnccoder

Postaholic
What is the exact subject topic that you have to write about? I'm not going to do it, I just want to know.

I never knew english was your second language, Rage. You speak better english than most people who have english as a first language. Whats your first language?

Jung

???
Premium
Jessica43999 said:
I could give you an essay about the unknown soldier (canadian one)... lol... i's already done! Yay... lol... that was great Wiz...
I'm pretty sure he needs something on the college level. So, unless he's taking 6th grade English, your essay is definitely no help.

I'll do it for
, though. ;)

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Jessica43999 said:
thanks, i liked rageagainst's comment the most:
"lmfao.. you're such a crazy, crazy man."

i was in a crazy mood... :sword:

now wheres my cookie?

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
My first language is French. And Jung, it's college level for second language wich would be like high school level for first language students I guess.

Anyways I finally made it, if theres something wrong could you tell me please? Last chance of getting a cookie :thumbsup:

btw it really sucks, I botched it a little cause I am mathematically sure of not failing :thumbsup:

This counts for 20% of the term.

THE SINKING OF THE KURSK

The official story

On August 14 2000, Russian authorities announced that the Kursk, a state of the art Russian nuclear submarine, sank with its crew in the Barents sea, killing all 108 occupiers. The actual "accident" had happened two days before, on August 12. The official story tells us it was an unfortunate accidental explosion that caused the Kursk to sink.

American submarines involved?

However, a documentary produced in 2004 called "Kursk, a submarine in troubled waters" suggests two American submarines are responsible for the Kurk's sinking (however it doesn't imply it was an intentional hostile attack).

Second submarine at the scene

It has been proven that another submarine was near the Kursk at the moment of the explosion. Radar observations show that the second submarine was moving away from the Kursk at an unusually slow speed, suggesting it was damaged. Seven days later, on August 19, an American submarine named USS Memphis arrived and docked at the Norwegian naval base called Haakonsvern, severely damaged. This is believed to be the same submarine as seen on radar on August 12. Apparently, the USS Memphis collided with the Kursk. However, this could not have sunk the Kursk because the Russian submarine was a lot bigger than the Memphis. Also, seismographic evidence show there was two impacts, the second one being huge. The collision between the Kursk and the Memphis was the first one. What caused the second explosion?

Poutine slow to react

The Russian authorities did not rescue the 108 men in time. They refused international help. It took months before they lifted it out of the Barents Sea. Why?

Third submarine at the scene!

When they lifted the Kursk out, months later, someone took a picture and leaked it. There was a hole on the side of the Kursk, bending inward, wich means something from outside hit it, certainly a torpedo. The Kursk had been attacked by a third submarine, the USS Toledo. That would explain the second huge explosion.

The documentary "Kursk, a submarine in troubled waters" gives the following explanation. The Memphis, while spying on the Kursk, collided with it, and the Toledo attacked the Kursk to protect the Memphis while it was retreating to prevent retaliation from the Russians.

Why would the US spy on the Kursk?

But why would the Memphis and Toledo spy on the Kursk?

The Kursk is an Oscar-II type nuclear submarine, one of the best types of submarines in the world. According to leaked sources, it was also equipped with "MHD" torpedos wich are the best in the world because they can reach incredible speeds underwater (up to 2000 km/h under water. Conventional torpedos can only reach 60 km/h. The MHD use

technology to cancel the friction drag of water). The strategic importance of these are huge, they can sink a nuclear submarine before they have time to launch their nuclear missiles in case of a nuclear war.

There is evidence that the Kursk, during the military exercise right before it sank, was supposed to test these MHD torpedos. A Chinese general was watching from a nearby Russian destroyer, wich indicates that the Chinese military was interested in buying the MHD torpedos. Clearly, the Americans definitely didn't want that to happen.

Diplomacy might have saved the world

The tension between the two countries was very high. To prevent a war, American and Russian authorities agreed to keep the situation secret. The Americans cancelled billions of Russian debt in compensation. According to the documentary "Kursk, a submarine in troubled waters", the Kursk incident could have caused a third world war if diplomacy contacts would have been poor.

Why did Poutine refuse international help to save the 108 men onboard?

Poutine likely knew within minutes or hours that the Kursk had been victim of a torpedo attack and that all of the 108 men onboard drowned within minutes. There was no way to save them. Furthermore, he didn't want spies to check for MHD torpedos while pretending to rescue the soldiers inside. Also, he couldn't tell the population that they were all dead because he wasn't supposed to know. To the public, it looked like he was incompetent. All that time, the sunk submarine was heavily guarded by Russian naval units until its liftoff to prevent theft of information about the MHD torpedos.

Conclusion

As you can see, official stories in this kind of situations are often a pack of lies. We should always take them with a grain of salt.

821 words

Sources

1. http://www.jp-petit.com/Koursk/Koursk1.htm
2. Kursk, a submarine in troubled waters, Jean-Michel Carré, Les Films Grain De Sable, 2004, aired on Radio-Canada on the Decouverte show.
3. http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/KURSK/

I know the level of language sucks to you, but compared to the others in my class, this is great (seriously). I'll probably get like the best mark :thumbsup:

Any suggestions? What sucks in my paper (apart from my conclusion, I already know it sucks)? any mistakes?

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
WizardlyFriend said:
thanks, i liked rageagainst's comment the most:
"lmfao.. you're such a crazy, crazy man."

i was in a crazy mood... :sword:

now wheres my cookie?
There you go :thumbsup:

btw if I were you I'd definitely "TL;DR" my last post. Man 800 words is longer than I thought.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
RageAgainst said:
I know the level of language sucks to you, but compared to the others in my class, this is great (seriously). I'll probably get like the best mark :thumbsup:

Any suggestions? What sucks in my paper (apart from my conclusion, I already know it sucks)? any mistakes?
no introductory paragraph either. it doesnt really flow like an essay in my opinion. if you really dont care about your grade id say youll probably get at least a 50 on this. depends on teacher and level of course. im not really sure what they expect from you as far as an "essay" either.

countrygrl

Highly Excitable
Question....How hard are you going to be graded on this and how much do you care?

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
WizardlyFriend said:
no introductory paragraph either. it doesnt really flow like an essay in my opinion. if you really dont care about your grade id say youll probably get at least a 50 on this. depends on teacher and level of course. im not really sure what they expect from you as far as an "essay" either.
I really don't care, I could have 0 and pass the class. I'll probably get like 70, seriously the course requirements are so easy it's retarded. I learn more English off the internet than at school.

Good Luck! p.s. - my essay was awsome, it was worth 10% of my final grade, it it had citations and all that shit... it was beautiful!!!

bnccoder

Postaholic
Jessica43999 said:
Good Luck! p.s. - my essay was awsome, it was worth 10% of my final grade, it it had citations and all that shit... it was beautiful!!!
Translation: I didn't write my paper, someone else did. They did a good job.

ferengi

Yay fire!
Although some other users have said it doesn't really "flow" like a real essay, I still found it to be fascinating reading. Nicely done. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.