WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Finally got a job! Post your first jobs!

Boycott

Soul Doubt
I got a job working in food services at a theme park (African Lion Safari) ... heh... Its so unsanitary there... If I ever get fired I'm phoning in a health inspector!

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
When I first started in printing I was running the lowest end pile to be labeled a duplicator! looks similar to this!

Now days I've stepped up my game but it took some time!! This is what I currently operate! Sheet size is 14 x 20 in.

and this is in my future!
sheet size 29.5 x 21.5 in.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
TwisT said:
When I first started in printing I was running the lowest end pile to be labeled a duplicator! looks similar to this!

That's what our print shop at school runs :rofl:

My first job... was basically relaxing in an office at a park for minimum wage. :happysad:

First job was working saturday clean up at a sawmill for 17.50/hr 8 hours a week. My brother now has the same job and gets paid 18 bucks AND gets morehours. Wtf :confused:

shep

Local alcoholic
Boycott said:
I got a job working in food services at a theme park (African Lion Safari) ... heh... Its so unsanitary there... If I ever get fired I'm phoning in a health inspector!
Well i'll be sure not to bring my kids there then.I heard that place was a shithole anyways.

shep

Local alcoholic
dashyznit said:
my frist job was a track thingy cause im mad fast lol
WTF does that mean?

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
My first job was at Baskin Robbins. I loved it. Got to sample the ice cream all day too. Only bad thing was controlling yourself...lol. Which wasnt hard at all. I found out my favorite non-traditional flavor is Peanut Butter and Jelly Icecream.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Welcome to the Mid-West.

If you like sweet corn, odds are, it's a hybrid. How do you get a hybrid ear of corn. Cross-Pollination of course. How do you cross pollinate? Well, pollen from strain "A" has to land on the plant of strain "B". How do you ensure this process occurs? You Detassle strain "B".

I was 14. I got on a bus at 4:30 a.m. rode 2 hours to a few other towns to pick up more kids, and then it was off to the fields. We rode in special vehicles that had "buckets" on it, that suspended two people between two rows of corn. You'd then drive through the rows, and pull the tassles out of the center of the corn. 8 hrs. in the field, plus 4 hours of daily drive time equals 12 total hours for 8 hours of pay at a rate of $4.25/hr. It sucked. It sucked hard.

Apparently someone else didn't like it either...

http://www.strike-the-root.com/52/wallace/wallace2.html

I'm still working at my first job, I've been there for three years now (God knows why), but now I only work there during breaks from college.

My first job was my sweetest to date. The summer after I graduated I became a PC technician for the school district. The supervisor thought that as long as we were out of the office that we were working so we'd go to one of the schools and setup Starcraft on the LAN. We'd then sit and play Starcraft for 3-4 hours straight. Then we'd go to lunch and maybe fix a couple PC's. Unfortunately that job was only for the summer.. :(

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
My first job. paid or volunteer?

Paid: I was an office assistant in a hospital billing dept.

Volunteer: (first job ever actually) worked in a hospital where they did experiments on rats. I learned to castrate rats and cut their brains out of their skulls without leaving a dent in the brain matter. Not the most awful job but not something I was expecting to do concidering how much I love animals. I'm glad I didn't work there for long. They only needed me for a month...my mother got me the job. She thought I'd be watching rats go through mazes. She had no idea I'd be cutting their balls and brains out.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
haha - second day - back and feet hurt :( Nuts. I wish I got an easy job!

Get some better shoes..The sore feet won't compare to the mental stress of dealing with idiots all day. You'll know what I mean after a few weeks there and the idiosyncrasies of people start to get on your nerves.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
so far I've refused to go on till a few times... hopefully i just get to stay in the back and make pizzas while everyone else gets to deal with customers...

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Subway Sandwhich Artist... for a week than i went to Shaws supermarkets

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
my first job was a Shop Rite grocery store... started at 6 an hour... fuckers acted like it was some kind of glamorous job or something... maybe if i was 85 with two pensions and pissing myself every other hour...

Either way I quit after 4 months because the boss told me some lady came back with some sob story about how I was so mean to her ringing her order up... Yeah ok... me and the bagger were talking with one womans order then when she came up she said "Id ApRiCiAtE it if you didnt talk to the bagger while you rang my order up.".. um ok ma'am, was my exact words... me and the bagger exchanged a little "bitch" look and rang her up.. total silence and business. she gave me a little dirty look when two bottles of apple juice clanged together, like I did it on purpose.. the supposed sob story later on was I was rude, angry, and was throwing her groceries down the line.. she supposedly was in tears... yeah ok this woman doesnt look like she ever cried a day in her life... more of she was the type if she didn't get everything catered to her exact whim she would complain for 2 years to get a 35 cent refund over it..

I told the boss he was a moron, an asshole, she was a liar and if he is that much of a disgrace to the irish name(He was irish and so am I) that he would belive such a fucked story or make up shit(cuz he didnt like me either) then he can have the pointless job... now I've seen half the world, and he's seen modly milk in the back cooler... :D fucker...

Boycott

Soul Doubt
lol... i can picture some guy angrily throwing groceries down the thing while some lady is in tears... what the shit.

Darklight said:
my first job was a Shop Rite grocery store... started at 6 an hour... fuckers acted like it was some kind of glamorous job or something... maybe if i was 85 with two pensions and pissing myself every other hour...
Carefull...one day you will be :)

My first "first" job was selling newspapers in front of grocery stores on the weekends. I was 12/13.
My first official job was working a roller coaster at Six Flags...the work kinda sucks, but you meet lots of girls!