WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Fingers Point to Male Aggression

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Health - HealthDay

FRIDAY, March 25 (HealthDay News) -- Canadian researchers say they've found a way to help 'finger' men with physically aggressive personalities.
A University of Alberta study finds that measuring a man's index finger length relative to his ring finger length predicts his predisposition to being physically aggressive.

The shorter the index finger relative to the ring finger, the higher the amount of prenatal testosterone and the more likely the man will be physically aggressive, they researchers say.

In a prepared statement, study co-author Dr. Peter Hurd admitted he initially thought the finger-aggression link was "a pile of hooey," until he reviewed the data.

According to the researchers, experts have known for a hundred years that the index-to-ring finger length ratio of men differs considerably from that seen in women. And more recently, research has suggested that the length of men's fingers changes depending on their exposure to testosterone in the womb.

Now, finger length and physical aggression seem to be linked as well, at least in men. The Alberta team found no such link in women.
"More than anything, I think the findings reinforce and underlie that a large part of our personalities and our traits are determined while we're still in the womb," Hurd said.

The study, reported in the March issue of Biological Psychology, found no correlation between finger lengths and non-physical forms of aggression, such as verbal aggression or angry or hostile behavior. Hurd said he is continuing his research on physical aggression, however, by comparing hockey players' finger lengths to the number of penalty minutes they rack up in a given season.

In another study, to be published later this year, Hurd found that men with more "feminine" finger ratios tended to be more prone to depression.

He stressed that "finger lengths explain about 5 percent of the variation in these personality measures, so research like this won't allow you to draw conclusions about specific people. For example, you wouldn't want to screen people for certain jobs based on their finger lengths."

"But finger length can tell you a little bit about where personality comes from, and that's what we are continuing to explore," he said.
---------------------------------------------------
There are a bunch of short index-fingered bastards around here...
(oh, wrong finger)

Infidel

The Militia
I wonder if they can find a finger thing to tell how bitchy a women is.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Yeah, and you can tell how big a guy's pekcer is by looking at his shoe size too...

Christ I can't beleive we pay people for this shit.

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
UberSkippy said:
Yeah, and you can tell how big a guy's pekcer is by looking at his shoe size too...

lol soo true

p.s. Ladies my shoe size is 12 ;)

Infidel

The Militia
UberSkippy said:

I fucking agree. Don't these scientist assholes have better things to try and achieve like curing some damn disease so all the bleeding heart asswipes with big google eyes who sing hootennanny songs over starvation in that shitty continent called Africa (I do not give a fuck about 'em) can praise them. Better yet, cure a disease like cancer over here or invent a longer lasting battery.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Infidel said:
I fucking agree. Don't these scientist assholes have better things to try and achieve like curing some damn disease so all the bleeding heart asswipes with big google eyes who sing hootennanny songs over starvation in that shitty continent called Africa (I do not give a fuck about 'em) can praise them. Better yet, cure a disease like cancer over here or invent a longer lasting battery.
Not only do you have stubs for index fingers, but you're a heartless bastard as well. Super!

Infidel

The Militia
Junglizm: Flames go in B&T, please drive through.

Fair Enough.

Infidel

The Militia
voiceofreason said:
Not only do you have stubs for index fingers, but you're a heartless bastard as well. Super!
Proud of it.

I am mostly cold, dark and cynical. Its how I grew up, its how I often see things, it doesn't mean I do not feel compassion, love or happiness though, as I do.

Also, I am often a very calm and reserved person in reality.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
thats the dummest shit ive ever heard.............fucking canadians

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
voiceofreason said:
In a prepared statement, study co-author Dr. Peter Hurd admitted he initially thought the finger-aggression link was "a pile of hooey," until he reviewed the data.
I find it funny that he though he might be ambushed so he used a prepared statement. He must have anticipated a lot of long index fingered attendees at the lecture.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
fucking canadians always fucking everything up.

I have a feminine finger "set up"...... :(....seriously... :(

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
bigck3000 said:
fucking canadians always fucking everything up.

I have a feminine finger "set up"...... :(....seriously... :(
i wish i could feel you pain.....but i cant sowwy

Twatbat

Easy Piece Of Ass
heres an easier way, the guy smashing the other guy repeatedly over the head with a large metal implement, is a highly aggresive male

Easty

Click click boom
well, i heard that measuring a guy's tip of his index finger to the tip of his thumb while palm is fully open and all finger's separated as far as possible is like the exact length of his penis.

that's true to me, maybe this is too.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Infidel said:
I wonder if they can find a finger thing to tell how bitchy a women is.
Try to stick your finger in her snapper if she bitches then she is bitchy.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Infidel said:
Its because they are so desperate to get their names known that they will do anything no matter how crack pot.

Seriously tho wtf? Thats the most idiotic thing i have ever heard.