WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Firefox 1.0 Preview release

Jung

???
Premium
on their front page now!

We have a set of builds that we hope will become Firefox 1.0 Preview Release (also known as Firefox 0.10). You can get the Windows build here, the Mac build here, and the Linux build here. Please help us test these builds and let us know if you find any recent regressions that should prevent this from becoming the 1.0 PR release build. If all goes well in testing, we should have ourselves a release early next week.
Live Bookmarks

You can now subscribe to and read RSS feeds in your Bookmarks. When you visit a page that advertises a RSS feed by using a link-tag, a RSS icon will appear in the status bar. Click it to view a list of feeds the page is offering. Click one to subscribe - this adds a Bookmark Folder that contains all the recent posts from the feed.

Improved Find

Find is easier and more powerful now with our new Find toolbar. The Find toolbar (which shows at the bottom of the browser window) automatically highlights text in the page as you type and has a useful highlight feature.

Managing Annoyances and Protecting Security

You can now open blocked popups, and the Extension install system now blocks all attempts to install software from sites other than update.mozilla.org. Users can add other sites to a list that allows them to offer software, but software is never automatically installed. In addition to these steps, several other measures have been taken to prevent phishing attacks and to highlight when a page is being viewed over a secure connection.

Better Bookmarks

Numerous improvements to bookmarks including more reliable presentation of Site icons, and a split pane view in the Bookmarks window.

Strong Encryption For Passwords Available

Passwords saved with the Password Manager can now be more easily encrypted with strong encryption by creating a "Master Password". If you create a Master Password, you are prompted once per session to enter the Master Password so that Password Manager can automatically fill in site logins. A useful feature for people who share computers with others and want improved security.

Improved Compatibility for IE users

Undetectable document.all support for site compatibility and improved compatibility for keyboard accelerators further smooth the transition for IE users.
more news here

burn1nh311

pissed as all hell
fun

Thats cool I acctually just recently switched over to FireFox. I have the 0.93 version I believe.

Jung

???
Premium
i like it so far, just no themes for it yet :( but all of my extensions work

ron

Buster of Asses
I'll probably get this one soon, when I have a little time to tweak it and appreciate how cool it is.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Fucks yeah!

Sweet. Downloading as we speak (or as I type).

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I've downloaded it. It's pretty cool, although I must say I liked the old one better (in terms of looks).

But that's where themes come in. I wonder how I could create my own theme...

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Update:

Alright, I've been using it for a few days... I've got my All-In-One mouse-gestures, GMail Notifier, and foxytunes... this is the freakin' life.

:thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
i use all of those, as well as; all in on tab, miniT, BBcode, and close tab on double click.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I customised all-in-one mouse gestures to close tabs and the like...

I also use the Qute theme, and I'm just figuring out "Nuke Anything" right now... it's pretty simple, but fun to play with.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
My browser at home is kept pretty minimal with the extensions... Adblock, All-in-One Gestures, Tabbrowser Extensions, Download Manager Tweak, and IEView.

At work I use a lot more plugins like dom inspector, web developer, etc...

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Firefox keeps impressing me the more I use it. The latest feature I'm groking is the search-engine plugins. The commonly used ones are Goggle/Dictionary/Ebay/IMDB/CDDB. Now I can type in what I'm searching for in the little box next to the address bar and find it instantly.

Its really easy to add new ones to the list. Just click on the current search bar icon, I believe the default is "G"oogle, and select "Add engines". There's hundreds of engines to choose from.

RnRFreak

Forums Grumpy Old Man
I've been using Firefox for a few months now. It never ceases to amaze me.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
BRiT said:
Firefox keeps impressing me the more I use it. The latest feature I'm groking is the search-engine plugins. The commonly used ones are Goggle/Dictionary/Ebay/IMDB/CDDB. Now I can type in what I'm searching for in the little box next to the address bar and find it instantly.

Its really easy to add new ones to the list. Just click on the current search bar icon, I believe the default is "G"oogle, and select "Add engines". There's hundreds of engines to choose from.
I'm loving the UrbanDictionary one... And the extension "Dict", aside from sounding like a very nasty verb, is great. You highlight a word, right-click on it, and you can find a definition for it (great when you're as stupid as me).

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
junglizm said:
i like it so far, just no themes for it yet :( but all of my extensions work
we use firefox and mozilla at school ( believe it) and i think its much better than explorer so ill probably get it

Descent

Hella Constipated
HA! I've been using this release for three weeks now! I 0wn j00!

Just kidding. Firefox is by far the best browser I have ever used.

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
uber dude..i just upgraded to the firefox 1.0 .. nice :thumbsup:

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
jstager said:
HA! I've been using this release for three weeks now! I 0wn j00!

Just kidding. Firefox is by far the best browser I have ever used.
i love it too.........just no good themes that go with it

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I've been using it since it came out... :thumbsup:

The best thing about FireFox is that it keeps getting better. With its open-source technology, the possibilities are literally ENDLESS.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
One of the best features of Firefox is that is does'nt use those pesky Active X controls like IE .... this gives you automatic immunity from lots of spyware, at least untill they re-write the code assuming they can find a weakness in mozilla :bomb: