WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Firefox plugins?

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
Ok so as some of you know im fixing a teachers computer and i told her to use firefox and not IE. Normally i just download the plugins as i go and when i need them but i should probably put them in for her so, i need a list of commonly used firefox plugins...

the ones i can think of off the top of my head are:

flash and java

Diesel

Clitpickle
Also throw in Adblock, and maybe Tabbrowser Extensions, All-In-One Gestures, and ieview (if needed).

Jung

???
Premium
I didn't know if you were talking strictly about plugins, or "extensions," as well. Here's a list of the extensions I find useful. I've found the best place to ge tthem from is http://www.extensionsmirror.nl, extensions there are updated quicker, and more often that on mozdev.

Anyway, here's what I use:

Generated Thu Mar 03 2005 21:44:42 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
Enabled Extensions: (25)

BBCode 0.3.7 - Adds BBCode to the context menu for forums like Mozillazine (PHPBB and others). Based on Cussers pastequote extension.
Bookmarks Synchronizer 1.0.1 - Bookmarks Synchronizer is a Mozilla Firefox extension that let you connect to an FTP/WebDAV server and synchronize your bookmarks that are stored in an XML file. Setup is easy; just write in your FTP/WebDAV server address, username, password and a name for the XML file (by default called xbel.xml). To start, press Upload to create the file on the server and set if you want to automatically download the file on startup or upload it when you close your browser.
CuteMenus 0.4 - Adds icons to menus and popups.
deskCut 0.4.1.2 - This extension adds desktop shortcut creation to the context-menu. Both Windows and Linux (KDE/GNOME) desktop shortcuts are supported.
DictionarySearch 0.8 - Looks up selected word in an online dictionary
Download Manager Tweak 0.6.4 - A modification of the Firefox download manager that changes its appearance and allows it to be opened in a separate window, a new tab, or the sidebar.
downTHEMall! 0.9.4 - Filter the extensions of all the links present in a page and download the selected files ot the pictures in just one click!
FoxyTunes 1.1.1 - Control any media player from Firefox and more...
FoxyTunes Skin - cleanJR 1.3 - Plain & simple media controls
GooglePreview 0.8 - Inserts web site previews in google and yahoo search results.
ListZilla 0.5.1 - Outputs an alphabetical list of either extensions or themes to a text, vB code, or HTML file.
miniT (drag+indicator) 0.4 - Adds tab dragging with drop place indicator.
Mouse Gestures 1.0 - Allows you to execute common commands using mouse gestures.
Paste and Go 0.4.1 - Lets you paste an URL from the clipboard and directly load it.
SessionSaver .2 0.2.1.027 - Magically restores your last browsing session.
Slim Extension List 0.1 - Makes items in extension list shorter, so you can see more at once. Also, sorts them by name.
SmoothWheel 0.43.1.20041107 - Scrolls the document smoothly when scrolling the mouse wheel
SomethingAwful Last Read Enhancement 1.11.815 - Adds "Last Read" support to the Something Awful forums
SpellBound 0.7.3 - Adds spell checker support to web forms and extensions.
Tab Clicking Options 0.5 - Select actions for clicking events on a tab or the tabbar
Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.2 - Enhances control over some aspects of tabbed browsing.
undoclosetab 20041126 - Adds Undo Close Tab.
Web Developer 0.9.3 - Adds a menu and a toolbar with various web developer tools.

You might want to check out this thread as well.