WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

First hand accounts via Zipa/DirecNIC journal + pics

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
Nice to see ya junglizm, Glad your ok.

not sure

Banned - What an Asshat!
jung yoir alive you survived all prise jung and his glory (no sarcasam)

ThomConspicuous

Inconspicuously Informal
That's awesome to know. Thanks for the links junglizm!
It is an excellent read on how directNIC is still functional.

I even renewed a domain on Saturday with no problems...just one of many contributions that actually benefited me too. :rolleyes:

Jung

???
Premium
ThomConspicuous said:
I even renewed a domain on Saturday with no problems...just one of many contributions that actually benefited me too. :rolleyes:
I think you might be thinking of InterNIC; DirectNIC is a local New Orleans company.

I've been friends with Mike from InterNIC for a long time; his accounts of Katrina are both amazing and crazy at the same time. I have a server, as well as multiple servers for a .com I work for, colocated at Zipa, so I've been very interested in this. I have to say now, as if I already didn't think it, that Zipa is a world class host. :thumbsup: It's a very interesting story if you're into that kind of thing. New Orleans managed to maintain communications and part of their fiber ring even through Katrina. Good shit.

ThomConspicuous

Inconspicuously Informal
I have several domains registered with directnic.com
I just don't host there. They have served me well for many years. Very professional, reputable, and now...rate even higher in my book. Excellent pricing too! :thumbsup:

Perhaps I am a bit confused, but I was under the impression this building was directNIC since the CEO and Senior VP were listed as some of the parties keeping that place running. If I'm wrong, sorry for the mistake.