WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

fish - a UNIX shell

Jung

???
Premium
http://roo.no-ip.org/fish/
fish is a user friendly command line shell for UNIX-like operating systems such as Linux.

The latest version of fish is 1.12.1. It was released on July 28, 2005. Version 1.12.1 contains new command specific completions for kill, zip, top, ps and diff, as well as improved error handling, bugfixes, improvements to the build scripts, documentation updates and various code cleanups. You may have to restart som services when upgrading from versions prior to 1.9.2. A Changelog is available here. fish can be downloaded in the following formats:
I recently upgraded (lol upgraded :rolleyes: ) from Debian Sid to Ubuntu, and found this while digging through apt repositories. It seem really cool, and I like the idea it's based around. I'm apt-get'ting it right now, we'll see how it compares to the tried-and-true bash.

Screenshots.

The idea of command line syntax highliting is awesome!

Jung

???
Premium
screw_ball said:
How's Ubuntu?
It's ok... It's based on Debian so it's relatively familiar to me, but it has some things that annoy me. It's supposedly "Linux for humans" which really means it babies the user to an extent. I'm used to doing everything my way, so I spent a good bit of time changing stuff just to get it how I like it. After I did that, it's been just fine, and completely stable. All in all, I'd say it's a good, solid distro.

jamesp

In Memory...
speaking of linux distros, i just downloaded the newest Gentoo (2005) and am about to install it on a virtual machine. yay.