WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fitting Family

polaris_nine

Banned - What an Asshat!
So we all know that we either have shitty families, or no families at all, right?

Well lately, I have gotten a significant influx of family bullshit, what with my sister getting married and all. I swear, weddings bring out the worst in people!
Also, recently we've found out that both of my grandmothers have got cancer. G-ma #1 has Lymphoma (sp?) and G-ma #2 has some kind of cancer in her liver. G-ma #1 is just fucking waiting to die. G-ma #2 is a fitness directer for elderly people, and she still works, so shes at least got the will to live the next few years.

Now that sort of sets the stage for what happens next.

So g-ma 1 (who is waiting to die) calls up the house at like 11:45 at night, and since I am the only one still awake, I answer. I hear this "HELLO? CHARLIE? (my dad)". I tell her, um no this is your granddaughter. And shes goes on, how are you, blah blah blah. Apparently someone had called her and said "What's up?" which is usually what my dad says, and the call got cut off, so she called here to see if it was in fact my dad. It wasn't, he's in the other room dead asleep. After all that is cleared up, she says to me, verbatum:

"Why haven't you called me? Who knows, I may not be here tomorrow, and you might feel sorry!"

So I'm like, wtf? I am busy! Work, getting ready for school, band camp, my sisters's wedding, and so on. Even if I do call her, Im a fairly quiet person, and I cant just think up shit to talk about if I didnt already have a subject. All I hear from her anyways is "Your overweight, you have diabetes, why dont you talk to me anymore, your sister is this, and your sister is that, and I have to go to chemo tomorrow, and I hate it and WAAAAAA". Who the hell wants to listen to that all the time!?

I know what your thinking, my grandma has cancer and we're not babying her, but after my grandpa died, thats ALL we did! We've run OUT of sympathy for her, besides the fact that all she does is practically scream, pity me, pity me! If maybe she showed some interest in us, other than negative feedback about how us youngters suck, then maybe we'd react in more than a 'well I have to talk to you, so I wont seem rude' way!

I just wish for one day, she would stop the bitching and moaning, and actually TRY to live for at least my sister's wedding, but oh no, thats too long for her, and she just HAD to schedule her docter's appt. for the day of the wedding, she can't make it becuase she's such a bag of fucking tears already. :mfinger:

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Grouchy old people suck. That's really all I have to say. It's awful shitty that your gam'ma seems to have a stick up her butt.

BlueAcid

Flame Bait
I agree with u that this situation sucks. If it were me I would just try to keep to myself and isolate myself, which is in fact what I do. As for ur g-ma I don't think she's gonna change unless she's open minded which she just doesn't seem, so u might as well do ur thing and when u gotta fake it do so if u can. I can't so I'm screwed but most people just fake it anyway.

CoolPro

Fresh Meat
polaris_nine said:
So we all know that we either have shitty families, or no families at all, right?

Well lately, I have gotten a significant influx of family bullshit, what with my sister getting married and all. I swear, weddings bring out the worst in people!
Also, recently we've found out that both of my grandmothers have got cancer. G-ma #1 has Lymphoma (sp?) and G-ma #2 has some kind of cancer in her liver. G-ma #1 is just fucking waiting to die. G-ma #2 is a fitness directer for elderly people, and she still works, so shes at least got the will to live the next few years.

Now that sort of sets the stage for what happens next.

So g-ma 1 (who is waiting to die) calls up the house at like 11:45 at night, and since I am the only one still awake, I answer. I hear this "HELLO? CHARLIE? (my dad)". I tell her, um no this is your granddaughter. And shes goes on, how are you, blah blah blah. Apparently someone had called her and said "What's up?" which is usually what my dad says, and the call got cut off, so she called here to see if it was in fact my dad. It wasn't, he's in the other room dead asleep. After all that is cleared up, she says to me, verbatum:

"Why haven't you called me? Who knows, I may not be here tomorrow, and you might feel sorry!"

So I'm like, wtf? I am busy! Work, getting ready for school, band camp, my sisters's wedding, and so on. Even if I do call her, Im a fairly quiet person, and I cant just think up shit to talk about if I didnt already have a subject. All I hear from her anyways is "Your overweight, you have diabetes, why dont you talk to me anymore, your sister is this, and your sister is that, and I have to go to chemo tomorrow, and I hate it and WAAAAAA". Who the hell wants to listen to that all the time!?

I know what your thinking, my grandma has cancer and we're not babying her, but after my grandpa died, thats ALL we did! We've run OUT of sympathy for her, besides the fact that all she does is practically scream, pity me, pity me! If maybe she showed some interest in us, other than negative feedback about how us youngters suck, then maybe we'd react in more than a 'well I have to talk to you, so I wont seem rude' way!

I just wish for one day, she would stop the bitching and moaning, and actually TRY to live for at least my sister's wedding, but oh no, thats too long for her, and she just HAD to schedule her docter's appt. for the day of the wedding, she can't make it becuase she's such a bag of fucking tears already. :mfinger:
Get yourself a good steady root or a nice fat joint and root/smoke the shit away.