WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Flame games?

Would you be interested n some kind of flame tournament?

• Total voters
Just a thought, but if memory serves correctly, B&T was originally supposed to be an "All out FLAME WAR forum". At the moment, it has fallen sadly short of that standard. In the spirit of ALL OUT FLAMING therefore, I suggest some kind of flaming tournament, if nothing else, it would stir things up, and maybe even be a little fun.

Did it ever occur to you that people might just be getting dull here on WTF.com? Conflicts caused by the stooges back in the day and (for a short while) S.C.U.M. have pretty much ceased, and because our moderators just cock farm people making dumb posts, so we have naught the people to flame on a regular basis.

I must say that a flame war is completely pointless. It's like all the "flame me" threads newbies make, but instead of saying flame me, you're saying flame each other ... people flame other people based on said other people's dumb posts worthy of flaming, people don't flame others just to flame them - again, same thing as the "flame me" kind of threads.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
canadian_pov said:
Just a thought, but if memory serves correctly, B&T was originally supposed to be an "All out FLAME WAR forum". At the moment, it has fallen sadly short of that standard. In the spirit of ALL OUT FLAMING therefore, I suggest some kind of flaming tournament, if nothing else, it would stir things up, and maybe even be a little fun.
you cant have a flame tournament, just think, alll your gonna get is people insulting eachothers mothers and saying they give their daddys head, there is nothign said about it being a flame war forum, it is a RANTING forum, where you can come to bitch and complain and take your anger out,like most forums, there is a specified place where you can 'flame' eachother which is b&t, you can either keep it or leave it.....neither will bother myself or anyone else here.....

Slacker

Postaholic
You can't just start a tournament. When people flame they have to have something to go on or else it would be just plain stupid.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
YUCK FOU!!! said:
you cant have a flame tournament, just think, alll your gonna get is people insulting eachothers mothers and saying they give their daddys head,
Dude, this is WTF. The most we'll see is "that was a weak flame."

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
This site is called What The Fuck dot Com, not We're True Flamers dot Com. Maybe that is why there is a seperate forum set aside for flaming...B&T. I could be wrong though. :rolleyes:

As others said, this site is for bitching and complaining...and if things get out of hand, well you can go to the ONE forum set aside to flame. I'm sure you know where that is.

Go ahead and have your little tourney though. Just don't expect anything above a MrNewbie flame after the first page.

YUCK FOU!!!

i say we send him on his way to those bastards that gave us a visit before, we've disappointed him :rolleyes:

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
Linksy said:
You can't just start a tournament. When people flame they have to have something to go on or else it would be just plain stupid.
Hey genious, I have an idea for you. If a tournament was set up, It could probably be set up as a bracket format. You know, like a freestyle flame game if you will, with the winner of the first round to go on to meet the winner of the second round and so on. You don't need anything to go off of, just have to know who you are flaming. Regardless if you like them or not.

There are ways to do it, but I think it would be boring.

diamond

The nice guy
Bait and Tackle is very different to the flame forums where matches are set up and played. The whole atmosphere is far friendlier and less competitive, which is why I like to relax in there.

Why immitate the flame sites when you can just join them as well?

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
canadian_pov said:
Your memory does not serve you well. B&T was implemented to keep would-be flames and/or flamers to one sub forum. Currently, it is still the ONLY sub forum that flaming will be tolerated in. And no...the B&T content by no means has to consist of only flame threads. You can devote an entire thread in B&T to your collecting Bon Jovi posters if you'd like. There, in B&T is where your public anal fisting will be conducted because of your admission.

In closing, Bait and Tackle is NOT a dedicated flame forum. If you want a flame fest- it's as easy as clicking submit. I kind of doubt that the site admins would find the idea very interesting, considering that the idea of out doing each other flame wise, has been happening since B&T's immaculate conception.

diamond

The nice guy
gehtfuct said:
Your memory does not serve you well. B&T was implemented to keep would-be flames and/or flamers to one sub forum. Currently, it is still the ONLY sub forum that flaming will be tolerated in. And no...the B&T content by no means has to consist of only flame threads. You can devote an entire thread in B&T to your collecting Bon Jovi posters if you'd like. There, in B&T is where your public anal fisting will be conducted because of your admission.

In closing, Bait and Tackle is NOT a dedicated flame forum. If you want a flame fest- it's as easy as clicking submit. I kind of doubt that the site admins would find the idea very interesting, considering that the idea of out doing each other flame wise, has been happening since B&T's immaculate conception.
Fancy his chances in a flame forum in a match ghet?

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
I'm not all that against having some sort of battle.. In fact, we can fund quite a nice prize for it.. Of course, we'd either moderate it (to weed out the yo momma bullshit) and put up the contestants in a poll, or some other thing...

I'd be interested in hearing more thoughts about how it could work..

Just a quick note about the B&T forum.. Originally everything was a free-for-all on the site because of the fact that we had just opened (Feb '04). However, the decision was made to limit all out attacks into one specific area as many people have written us asking for more serious places (such as computer talk, movies, etc.) to not worry about "You liked THAT movie? YOUR MOTHER SUCKS BALLS!" so we did that.

B&T *is* a flame forum, however if you are CONSTANTLY redundant and make a moron of yourself over and over and over in every possible thread you run the risk of being cock farmed once I'm inundated with PM's to do so. :)

Of course, when you post in the B&T forum, your content does not need to include a flame directly. However, some would like to post something with absolutely no-holds-barred in their thread (leaving them up to be fwned of course) so they're allowed to do so.

Well, there a few ways it could work: we could do bracket style, as CL suggested, or we could do "heats", where 3-6 or so people just go at each other, and after a poll, the top two people advance, and so on.
Oh, and Geht, this is the thread where B&T was first suggested.
You can't deny it would be fun, and I personally like the idea of prizes, even though I doubt I would win, (or even come close). :happysad:
Why are so many of you being so negative? It's just an idea, and a bit of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism would be appreciated. Besides, it isn't as though it would be mandatory or anything, just if you want to. I'm adding a poll to this thread, just to see who would be interested.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Imaginary flaming is fucking lame. Maybe people are just getting along better on WTF? I only flame when I'm pissed about something stupid someone said.

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
...but...but...

there's a color iPod up for the winner, or something.

;)

J, you need to do another wtf.com give away thing.

This time rig it so the winner's user name starts with U and ends with given. :happysad:

JLXC said:
Imaginary flaming is fucking lame. Maybe people are just getting along better on WTF? I only flame when I'm pissed about something stupid someone said.
A great flame comes not from anger, but from wit. For instance:
"You fucking suck, I hate you so much you faggot ass cocksucker, you are so fucking stupid!"
That's a shitty flame, and it is an angry one.
Whereas:
(When the topic turns to one's real life, as it often does)
"You have no friends.

The garden gnome doesn't count.

You pay him.

And he STILL ran away."
Is not an angry flame, but it is MUCH better than:
To quote NinjaLooter: "OMFGURASTPDWTFNUB!!!11"
Which is also an "angry" flame.

So you are wrong, the worst flames come from being "pissed".

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
canadian_pov said:
So you are wrong, the worst flames come from being "pissed".
In many cases yes, though, not in my case. When angry I use my wit and venom, and it works for me. For immature noobs you're probably right, but there are exceptions.

necro

Postaholic
Jason said:
...but...but...

there's a color iPod up for the winner, or something.

;)
Can I get a large order of fries with that?

Personally, I like the idea, it would be interesting to seperate the boys from the men, and the girls from the Bitches_on_PMS.

As for how it could run, You could do it DBZ tournament style, have prelims to seperate complete idiots (such as Mr.Newbie) from potential flamers, and then put people in brackets of 2, and such. There would have to be a panel of moderators of people who are 1. Ridiculously Painful flamers who will eat your children for breakfast, and 2. Moderators who don't care to do the flaming, just judge which one sucks worse. As for what the brackets would be going on about, an administrator/moderater from the panel would come up with a topic or something to that effect, and the two people in that bracket would say their opinions, and the other person would look for a reason to attack them based on their opinion. Each person would go back and forth with opinions a maximum of 5 times each, and if that number exceeded, the person with the most relevance/closest to a flame would proceed, and the other would be eliminated. As for disqualification, if a person treads too far off topic, brings in anything about the said opponents mother/sister/father/brother, or makes any uncalled for homosexual cracks, those are all means for DQ. That was a really rough draft, so if anyone likes the idea or would like to change anything, go for it :thumbsup:

YUCK FOU!!!

canadian_pov said:
Well, there a few ways it could work: we could do bracket style, as CL suggested, or we could do "heats", where 3-6 or so people just go at each other, and after a poll, the top two people advance, and so on.
Oh, and Geht, this is the thread where B&T was first suggested.
You can't deny it would be fun, and I personally like the idea of prizes, even though I doubt I would win, (or even come close). :happysad:
Why are so many of you being so negative? It's just an idea, and a bit of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism would be appreciated. Besides, it isn't as though it would be mandatory or anything, just if you want to. I'm adding a poll to this thread, just to see who would be interested.
oh look its sod and gummercules awesome!

AN IPOD COLOUR?!??!?// DOIT DOIT, I WANT TO CHANGE MY VOTE