WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Flat Earth

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
I'm fairly convinced the earth is a globe, a 'solid' ball of rock, water, and metals, floating through space. There is a great many things that I know I don't know much of, let alone that I understand them, but I'm willing to listen to anyone who can explain it clearly enough. For emphasis: I'm assuming I'm not colorblind, but if anyone kept yelling at Jason to get all that green off the forum's interface and buttons, I'm either completely missing something or the other one is just a thick headed idiot.

Take a look at things the other way: Grab a skippy ball, and try to take a macro picture along its surface. Something large and round (insert a your mom-joke here), like a tractor tire works great, too. If you can get the lens close enough to the surface, you'd most probably see a near-flat or even flat surface. That's pretty much how our limited view of this earth's surface works.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Swah I greatly prefer the Earth to be a planet in the vast universe. I want to take a ride through space, for real.

At one time I greatly preferred that the world wasn't run by a cabal of pedophile cannibals, but I was proven wrong.

So it's best to not let our preferences change our reason and observation ability. The Truth doesn't give a shit what we think or want. It just is. Putting together breadcrumbs of Truth leads to knowledge.

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
Swah I greatly prefer the Earth to be a planet in the vast universe. I want to take a ride through space, for real.

At one time I greatly preferred that the world wasn't run by a cabal of pedophile cannibals, but I was proven wrong.

So it's best to not let our preferences change our reason and observation ability. The Truth doesn't give a shit what we think or want. It just is. Putting together breadcrumbs of Truth leads to knowledge.
If you look again you'll see that I said I was "fairly convinced". That has nothing to do with my preference. Heck, if I could have it my way, we'd all be either on Discworld right now, or on a vast "flat" world punching cubes.

But seriously, try the thing with the big ball. Discover, extrapolate, compare, some other fancy words, and build your conviction on whatever you observe. It's basically all anyone has ever done. There is truth, and there is perception, and I'm pretty sure many don't know the difference.

Crazizniac

Particinator
Jlxc said: "lots of random shit about ""science"" Maybe there is something desperately wrong with your vision that remains un - diagnosed. Like the nerves between your eyes and the real world got cross connected and are actually connected to your foot. Or something.

Jung

???
Premium

JLXC

Premium

Jung

???
Premium
I love you too bud. But could you get off my ivy tower? I'm too old for all this.

JLXC

Premium
I love you too bud. But could you get off my ivy tower? I'm too old for all this.
Well it was Tater and Haters so I'm trying to "keep it real" heh. You can have the Ivory Tower.

I do find those with the most invested in our lie of a system are also the ones who defend it the hardest. That holds true so far in my experience.

Luckily, the "unwashed masses" are coming awake and asking questions, and some of us, even without pieces of paper, have answers.

Jung

???
Premium
You'd probably hate my ideal form of govt: almost none.

I'm not invested in anything, I just think you're typically full of shit.

Rook

#triggered
I completely agree, JLXC. I think we're being lied to about the curvature of the Earth.

There is just too much evidence to support the fact that we live on a giant, flat, disc-thing. That's why there are seasons, because the sun gives up on one side of the disc and then goes to the other side. That's also why the Sun stays over the arctics and never really goes down...because it's not going *down* anywhere, it's right above that side of the disc!

Plus if it were a sphere everyone would fall off the side. The power of gravity is not strong enough to keep us all on the Earth. You're going to tell me all of the oceans and mountains and lions and bears and big-booty bitches can just stay on the Earth if they live in Australia (even if it's round) because of what...something that pulls down at 9.8 m/s? Please.

JLXC, don't let any of these "scientists" use any of these "proven theories" or "empirical evidence". It's all part of the bullshit flouride we're brushing our teeth with, and frankly I've had it. Fuck the system. The Earth is flat. And if it isn't, then may I become a mod of this forum.

JLXC

Premium
You'd probably hate my ideal form of govt: almost none.

I'm not invested in anything, I just think you're typically full of shit.
Actually, I think the ideal form of government is true freedom as individuals and no government. So there's that.
You can think as you like, I will too. I feel the same way about you. Hugs.

I completely agree, JLXC. I think we're being lied to about the curvature of the Earth.

There is just too much evidence to support the fact that we live on a giant, flat, disc-thing. That's why there are seasons, because the sun gives up on one side of the disc and then goes to the other side. That's also why the Sun stays over the arctics and never really goes down...because it's not going *down* anywhere, it's right above that side of the disc!

Plus if it were a sphere everyone would fall off the side. The power of gravity is not strong enough to keep us all on the Earth. You're going to tell me all of the oceans and mountains and lions and bears and big-booty bitches can just stay on the Earth if they live in Australia (even if it's round) because of what...something that pulls down at 9.8 m/s? Please.

JLXC, don't let any of these "scientists" use any of these "proven theories" or "empirical evidence". It's all part of the bullshit flouride we're brushing our teeth with, and frankly I've had it. Fuck the system. The Earth is flat. And if it isn't, then may I become a mod of this forum.
Posts like this are very typical on the subject showing no real comprehension beyond what you were fed with no critical thinking needed.

Believe what you will. When you can explain why you can see things, in some cases, hundreds of miles away that should by all scientific knowledge currently possessed by miles below visibility... yet... they can be seen. Worldwide. Repeatable.

But you can laugh and have a good time, please do. But those of us who can still think are going to question.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I'd watch that just to watch them die and further purify the gene pool.

I'm curious why they think other planets are roughly spheres and water droplets are as well. But for some reason the Earth would be flat. Yet our experience on Earth is that of living on a sphere. Therefore violating basic principles of physics. How is this easier to swallow than reality.

...mind blown.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
I'd watch that just to watch them die and further purify the gene pool.

I'm curious why they think other planets are roughly spheres and water droplets are as well. But for some reason the Earth would be flat. Yet our experience on Earth is that of living on a sphere. Therefore violating basic principles of physics. How is this easier to swallow than reality.

...mind blown.
Other planets do not exist. That's a myth spread by Satan to turn people away from God. Only God can create water droplets and physics. The Earth is flat and Godly and I pray to God everyday and so should you!

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Here is further proof that flat earthers are complete and total idiots, that perhaps even they can understand:

lscMFXq.png

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
Here is further proof that flat earthers are complete and total idiots, that perhaps even they can understand:

View attachment 10527
The Earth can't be round because that basketball isn't round. Spheres are optical illusions that only look round, but they are flat. If you take one part of the basketball, it's flat, but if you spin it around it's just in a different position. The Earth is flat, but God, our Lord and Savior, moves the flat Earth around like a toy boat floats in a bath tub, to make room for Heaven. Heaven is eternal, infinite, and unmovable, and you will be invited there if you accept God and everything he says. Otherwise, you will burn forever in hell! Watch your back!