Florida...what a mess

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
Why can't people comprehend that both things can be true. The virus is real. Our response to it is incorrect. We so easily jump into the manufactured false dichotomy of authoritarian measures or anti-vax nut jobs. It is abundantly clear that this isn't some viral superman and those in control (or seeking control) are just doing what they've always done. "Never let a good tragedy go to waste". When I was growing up the mode of indoctrination was The Cold War. 'Keep em scared because it keeps em in line'. We had mandatory nuke drills where we'd hide under our school desks. Apparently, 1/2" of particle board will save you from nuclear Armageddon just like a paper mask will save you from viral Armageddon. Its not about public safety. Its about control.

• 1Like
  • 1Disagree
Reactions: 1 users

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
Premium
The fuck...you must be as old as me, I remember those drills and a rifle safety class where they taught the basics and self defense measures,

You make a very valid point MisterFister.

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
When I was growing up all the boys had shotguns mounted in the back window for some after school pheasant tomfoolery. Number of school shootings: Zero. When I was growing up we'd keep a milk gallon jug of Jack Daniels and lemonade in our locker just in case we felt like a snort. When I was growing up we had a common area outside off the lunchroom where you'd partake in a few puffs of the herb and didn't worry about being shot by the DEA. These kids nowadays fear their own shadows. Its pathetic and sad.

• 2Like

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
When I was growing up all the boys had shotguns mounted in the back window for some after school pheasant tomfoolery. Number of school shootings: Zero. When I was growing up we'd keep a milk gallon jug of Jack Daniels and lemonade in our locker just in case we felt like a snort. When I was growing up we had a common area outside off the lunchroom where you'd partake in a few puffs of the herb and didn't worry about being shot by the DEA. These kids nowadays fear their own shadows. Its pathetic and sad.
Schools and public places are literally being shot up. Kids aren't fearing "their own shadows".

Templar

Accept no substitutes!
Nevermind then, it's clear you know what you're talking about.
You know that has to be the most passive-aggressive, dismissive, weak-ass liberal shit you've ever said to me.

I'm offended. I'm going to my safe place to clean my evil black guns and drink whiskey.

• 1WTF!?
Reactions: 1 user

BlastemSkyHigh

Premium
You know that has to be the most passive-aggressive, dismissive, weak-ass liberal shit you've ever said to me.

I'm offended. I'm going to my safe place to clean my evil black guns and drink whiskey.

Well right the fuck on,
if you wanted me to talk dirty, you shoulda said something earlier, but alas
I am trying to turn a new leaf by not resorting to my usual antics,

But hey, slip me a a solid fiddy bill and I can hook you up proper!

• 1Like
  • 1LOL

BlastemSkyHigh

Premium

That's fuckin prophetic, I love it,
I hated the commons and lunch areas, usually hung out in the "yards" with the assorted or just ditch for the day smokin weed.
I agree with you on a lot of the softness in today's youth, I ate dirt when I got in a fight, got my ass whooped too..but I learned from it, learn from that pain and learn to duck,
Some of these kids can't duck yet, and they're scared of eating dirt.

• 1Like

Templar

Accept no substitutes!
Well right the fuck on,
if you wanted me to talk dirty, you shoulda said something earlier, but alas
I am trying to turn a new leaf by not resorting to my usual antics,

But hey, slip me a a solid fiddy bill and I can hook you up proper!
Well, great...now my nipples are hard.

• 1OH YEAAHH!

BlastemSkyHigh

Premium
Stoopid Fuck,
anyone who pointed a finger at me like he did, would have gotten a punch in the nose...

breathing space Bro..dont invade my breathing space..

Dark Fader

[]D [] []V[] []D
Is Walmart the new Public Political platform to vent your beliefs?
Kinda like the 20's Soapbox guys who used to scream about the sky falling?

It is kind of ironic that he has a Texas Longhorn hat on... but I'll let you dissect that however you like.

• 1LOL

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
It is kind of ironic that he has a Texas Longhorn hat on... but I'll let you dissect that however you like.
And sweatpants, as well. I was thinking the same thing.

This is why stores need security if they're going to enforce a mask policy. Those store employees should not have to deal with some lunatic but they handled it well. I especially liked the woman who just stood there and said "Have a good day, sir. Have a good day."

All you can do is post signs on the doors and if someone isn't wearing a mask, confront them at your own risk. We have greeters at each door and if someone isn't wearing a mask, the greeter will offer them one. We haven't had any problems. Some people don't want to wear a mask. Okay. There's nothing you can do about it or it might turn ugly. There's a PSA on the store radio. 'The state health department requires wearing masks, blahblahblah, to protect our shoppers and associates. If you don't have a face mask, we will provide you with one'

My buddy and I stop for coffee in the morning at the convenience store. They have state mandated signs posted on their doors. There's a guy in there every morning with a roofing crew. He never wears a mask. The staff have no problem with it. I don't have a problem with it, either. His choice. I have to wear a mask everyday for work. If I should happen into any public situation, I would wear a mask. It's the polite thing to do.

• 2Like
  • 1Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Dark Fader

[]D [] []V[] []D
Have fun spreading covid in the name of freedom.

oh, I see what you're doing there.
Have fun spreading X in the name of Y.
I'm not in Rocket Engineering for nothing!!!
(btw, people who say, "Rocket Scientists" are idiots. Engineers are the true fabricators of Rockets)

I work in a firm that implements STRICT cleaning, and ESD procedures.
Customers don't approve of dirty components though they are far more worried about static discharge.
I wear my mask all day long @ work, while practicing social distancing.
It's no big deal for me ... in fact, I LOVE cleanliness. Any procedure that promotes my health is a super Win for me!

BUT, you are spreading STUPID at a far greater rate than COVID.
Ignorance is poison and you seem to be mainlining that shit.

• 1Disagree
  • 1Helpful

BlastemSkyHigh

Premium
This forum used to have rules around obvious trolling, as I recall.
Under Behavior...
INSULTING MEMBERS - We expect people to act like grown ups and not call people names outside of "Taters & Haters". However, if someone calls YOU a name (specifically, YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE- not, you're acting like an ass), then they will gain warnings points. But the person that is being called the name is the one that needs to report it. If it is NOT reported from that person, then NOTHING will be done about it.

Also, we want to point out that we have an ignore system. If you don't like something that someone says on a regular basis, MAKE OUR JOB easier by putting them on ignore or just ignoring them!

Also under POSTING

FLAMING - "Taters & Haters" is our anything goes / free-for-all / flame-fest forum. You're free to debate people's positions, ideas, etc. in other appropriate places. However, attacking the individual personally/calling them names is reserved for "Taters & Haters". So visit that forum at your own risk. Please note: While we are very flexible about flaming the member base here, it does have its limits in regards to lame repetitive threads on the same person (especially BY the same author). So please refrain from creating redundant threads with the same damn flame content over and over or you are subject to further action.

Keep in mind, that threats (on any postings site-wide) of physical violence, stalking, or racism are not tolerated here under any circumstances. You can do better than that lame crap.

But nothing specifically about Trolling but in a sense it says if you don't like the treatment you're getting,
speak up about it and it will be handled immediately.