Florida...what a mess

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
As of now, Florida is reporting +6,093 new cases since yesterday putting their 28 day surge streak at 94,987 total.

Arizona is at 79,215 with +2228 new cases. Georgia is at 79,417 but have not reported today's numbers. So within a day or two Arizona will move into 9th spot.

They will only be behind New York (417,777), California (223,981), New Jersey (176,399), Texas (159,310), Florida (152,434), Illinois (143,514), Massachusetts (108,768), and Pennsylvania (90,834).

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
As of now, Florida is reporting +6,563 new cases since yesterday putting their 29 day surge streak at 101,550 total.

Arizona is at 84,092 with +4,877 new cases. Georgia is at 81,291 but have not reported today's numbers. So if Georgia reports under 2801 new cases, Arizona is now the 9th worst state for COVID19.

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
Premium
California is in second place (woohooo) with 232,275 cases as of today,
of course we did lose over a hundred dead to it,
so not sure what the count is at the moment.

• 1Sad
Reactions: BeautifulSniper

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
As of now, Florida is reporting +10,109 new cases since yesterday putting their 30 day surge at 111,659 total.

Arizona is at 87,425 with +3,333 new cases. Georgia is at 87,709 with +3,472 new cases. A delta of 284. I suppose Georgia doesn't want to give up the spot.

Last edited:
  • 1Sad
Reactions: BeautifulSniper

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
As of now, Florida is reporting +9,488 new cases since yesterday putting their 31 day surge at 121,147 total.

Arizona is at 91,858 with +4,433 new cases. Georgia is at 87,709 but have not reported today's numbers. This likely puts and keeps Arizona ahead of Georgia, unless they have a truly bad day.

Pennsylvania is at 92,977 total cases with +274 new cases for today (so far). Arizona will pass them in a day. Georgia may pass them in a couple days.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
I like what you're doing with this thread, BRiT. I don't have much to say about it.

I could see this rearing its ugly head again and there it is. It doesn't matter much to me because I have to wear a mask at work. If I enter a business, I wear a mask out of common courtesy for the people who work there and have to wear a mask. Also, I don't want to be that guy.
Pennsylvania's secretary of health has signed an order making masks mandatory in all public spaces in the state.

Gov. Tom Wolf announced Wednesday that Dr. Rachel Levine had expanded the previous mask-wearing order.

The new order is effective immediately, Wolf said.

“This mask-wearing order is essential to stopping the recent increase in COVID-19 cases we have seen in Pennsylvania. Those hot spots can be traced to situations where Pennsylvanians were not wearing masks or practicing social distancing – two practices that must be adhered to if we want to maintain the freedoms we have in place under our reopening," Wolf said in a statement.

According to the order, people must wear masks if they are:

*Outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of 6 feet from individuals who are not members of their household.
*In any indoor location where members of the public are generally permitted.
*Waiting for, riding on, driving or operating public transportation or paratransit or while in a taxi, private car service or ride-sharing vehicle.
*Obtaining services from the healthcare sector in settings including, but not limited to, a hospital, pharmacy, medical clinic, laboratory, physician or dental office, veterinary clinic or blood bank.
*Engaged in work, whether at workplace or performing work off-site, when interacting in-person with any member of the public, working in any space visited by members of the public, working in any space where food is prepared or packaged for sale or distribution to others, working in or walking through common areas, or in any room or enclosed area where other people, except for members of the person's own household or residence, are present wherein unable to physically distance.
Also, this:
The Wolf administration is recommending that Pennsylvanians self-quarantine if they have traveled or plan to travel to 15 states where coronavirus cases are on the rise.

Officials said Thursday that people should stay at home for 14 days when they return to Pennsylvania.

The quarantine is recommended after travel to the following states:

Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Louisiana
Mississippi
Nevada
North Carolina
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Utah

Last edited by a moderator:

Canadian Pyro

Postaholic
A quarter of tests coming back positive in Arizona is pretty surreal. I stood in line for a couple hours to get a test a few weeks ago (in Canada) and it would be pretty spooky to imagine one in four of the people I was there with were positive.

• 1Agree
Reactions: BRiT

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I like what you're doing with this thread, BRiT. I don't have much to say about it.

I could see this rearing its ugly head again and there it is. It doesn't matter much to me because I have to wear a mask at work. If I enter a business, I wear a mask out of common courtesy for the people who work there and have to wear a mask. Also, I don't want to be that guy.
I just can't understand all the hate for wearing a mask, especially when it's something easy to do to protect not just yourself but everyone else. It's extremely simple to do. It's quite senseless to not prevent sickness and senseless loss of life when you have an opportunity.

This is the most shocking part of the pandemic, the lack of compassion and humanity in so many.

Sadly, Texas is being Texas and so many of the local areas had the local politicians or judges issue their own rulings that doesn't prohibit anything. The amount of loss due to sickness and death in these regions is going to be staggering. [ Citation: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pub...s-are-balking-at-abbotts-statewide-mask-order ]

Some wondered what would happen if you go too lax on safety and prevention or reopen too soon, well the southern states are providing text book examples of what not to do and why.

• 1Like
Reactions: Scooter

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Also, one of the reasons I bother to post up some of these numbers is what someone said on another forum. He doesn't follow this pandemic closely, but he does wear masks when going out in public. He was getting more and more people staring at him and questioned if he was maybe over-reacting or being overly cautious. He then read the posts with easy to understand numbers and graphs of the outbreak and what's happening elsewhere, outside of his own local bubble area. He said it keeps him grounded in reality.

If I didn't follow the numbers, the science, and the reports, I too may wrongly believe that everything is over and nothing's left to be concerned with.

• 1Like
Reactions: BlastemSkyHigh

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
As of now, Florida is reporting +11,458 new cases since yesterday putting their 32 day surge at 132,605 total.

Arizona is at 94,553 with +2,695 new cases. Georgia is at 93,319 with +2,826 new cases for today. Arizona passed Pennsylvania and Georgia will pass PA tomorrow.

Possibly in a week they will both pass Massachusetts, currently at 109,628 total cases.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
As of now, Florida is reporting +10,059 new cases since yesterday putting their 33 day surge at 142,664 total.

Arizona is at 98,089 with +3,536 new cases. Georgia is at 95,516 with +2,197 new cases for today.

Possibly in a week they will both pass Massachusetts, yesterday who was at 109,628 total cases (with +210 new cases)

Here's a look at the states with the top number of new cases yesterday, huge differences even between spot 1 and 8.

1593976483393.png

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
As of now, Florida is reporting +6,336 new cases since yesterday putting their 34 day surge at 149,000 total.

Arizona is at 101,441 with +3,352 new cases. Georgia is at 97,064 with +1,548 new cases for today. They're both climbing the charts.

I don't know if the slightly lower numbers are a positive sign of behaviors changing or simply an artifact of a holiday weekend where people may not have gone in to be tested.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
As of now, Florida is reporting +7,347 new cases since yesterday putting their 35 day surge at 156,347 total.

Arizona is at 105,094 with +3,653 new cases.
Georgia is at 100,470 with +3,406 new cases.

Massachusetts was at 110,137 yesterday with +163 new cases. So in two days will be passed by Arizona and likely four days passed by Georgia.

Canadian Pyro

Postaholic
I don't know if the slightly lower numbers are a positive sign of behaviors changing or simply an artifact of a holiday weekend where people may not have gone in to be tested.
You would expect a lag of about a week for any behavioural changes to show up in the testing data. This is about where we would see it but it's a little hard to extrapolate much from only two days. Fingers crossed.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
You would expect a lag of about a week for any behavioural changes to show up in the testing data. This is about where we would see it but it's a little hard to extrapolate much from only two days. Fingers crossed.
Well at that time it had been 34 days since the start of their surge, so you think the fuckers would have ample time to change their behaviors.