WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Folding@Home

Why the hell don't more people sign up for this SIMPLE distributed program. They are looking at curing Altzheimer's - the leading cause of dementia - and we all are susceptible!! Nevermind they are working on cancer, huntington's disease, etc

Get on the stick, once the program is installed you do NOTHING, except help! Charity without any effort!!

Paul

Tenderony
yea i never understand that
i have friends that i know rarely use some of their computers, so i ask them to just stick it on there
they think its stupid and pointless
guess ill have to install it and make it run hidden ;)

Smiss

smissinat0r
Because it is hard enough for me to keep AIM running, much less folding...

Smiss said:
Because it is hard enough for me to keep AIM running, much less folding...
The best thing about F@H is that you don't have anything to do, once set up it does it all! If you use your CPU, then the program turns itself down so that you don't see any change in your computer, except with the most intensive games, etc, then pause it - a simple right click on the red nut in the tray at bottom of screen.

If there is a new version of something, it will be announced on soup. A set and forget program - that helps the world!!

Smiss

smissinat0r
Well, I'm unconvinced. And I don't think I'm all the entirely motivated to bother anyway.

Paul

Tenderony
just wanted to give this thread a little bump......

if you are interested in signing up and would like to join a team we already have established let us know and we can post the info.......