WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Foobar vs. Winamp vs. iTunes vs. _____ ?

What audio player do you use?

• Winamp

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Foobar

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • iTunes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • What's internet?

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Jung

???
Premium
What's your favorite Audio player and why? Vote for your favorite digital audio application, write yours in if I've left it out.

I prefer Foobar2k, because of its almost limitless customization options. I like being able to set up my play lists by by genre, then album and since all my mp3s are organized by album (I don’t have any single mp3’s, only full albums), it works great. I also like the freedb, coverart and file normalization features. Foobar is definately the best audio player out there, at least imo. :thumbsup:

Bonus points for a screenshot of your setup.

I resized my screenshot down to 1024, so it'd be easier to view. Click the thumbnail to view the full size image.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
I've been using winamp for years, I guess it's just a habit ... that and cracked versions are easy as hell to find. I guess I should start exploring my options, eh?

UnChew

100% Peruvian Pussy*
windows media player really.... but not there so.... winamp

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
If i did have my choice it would be "Sonic Stage" for just the way the library is set up, not on the list winamp

Descent

Hella Constipated
Winamp. I love it to death...Compact, easy to use, and packed full of features without seeming like bloatware.

I'm also a fan of ROFLPlayer. You just click on the blades of the ROFLCopter to view different menus.

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
Winamp. I love it to death...Compact, easy to use, and packed full of features without seeming like bloatware.
Winamp 5 became bloatware, that's one of the main reasons I dropped it... again.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I prefer winamp, but have never used fubar2k, therefore my opinion is bias. I'll check it out though.

BTW winamp has cool skins.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Hey Max...Email that skin to me...for old times sake.

I assume you know who I am?

Jung

???
Premium
misterwaffulz said:
Winamp is teh schexy. I listen to some wierd shit huh? :confused:
Personally, I find Winamp unorganized. It's fine if you have a bunch of single tracks thrown in a "Shared Folder," but if your collection is organized by full albums, it's just crap. I don't download random tracks off Kazaa, so I don't throw all my music all in one folder. I sort everythign by Genre/Artist/Album, and Foobar works beautifully for that. It's also highly customizable. I love the album art feature too. :thumbsup:

Too pimp my Foobar again.

Edit: Plus it supports ReplayGain. :thumbsup:

i download all my stuf from bearshare. some of the time, I get songs from other people, but only one or two tracks. If i were to use something to oranise by album, I'd use Itunes.

Jung

???
Premium
misterwaffulz said:
i download all my stuf from bearshare.
Kazaa, Bear Share, same difference really.
misterwaffulz said:
I'd use Itunes.
Being that I own an iPod, I honestly gave ti a try, I was even forced inot using it for a while. That's probably the worst media player available for Windows; it's bloated, tags files weird, lacks APE tag support, lacks plug ins for mpc, FLAC, and Monkey's Audio files, eats up all kinds of resources and crashes a lot. I hate it.

Foobar definately isn't for everyone, but I just can't ever see going back to Winamp, and I'm certainly not going to use iTunes. :thumbsdn: