WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Food Stamps

Today, a woman paid for her groceries with Food Stamps, and I thought well, thats sad, i hope her kids are thriving. Then I saw the Louis Vitton purse. Needless to say, I am enraged.

Pachyderm

I really did.
mariakyann said:
Today, a woman paid for her groceries with Food Stamps, and I thought well, thats sad, i hope her kids are thriving. Then I saw the Louis Vitton purse. Needless to say, I am enraged.
Saving money anyway you can! This is the new phony-guilded era if you ask me. I guess materialistic items such as a Louis Vitton purse makes stupid people happy. At least she is not worried about what she looks like in a grocery store. Or in a welfare line for that matter. What's up with that.

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
hmmm yea fucking bastards

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I'm compelled to say BITCH!

But then my nature causes me to think, What if it was a gift.

Then I think, well if she needs food stamps, the rational thing to do would be to sell the purse.

Then again, If I was a woman that was in dire straits, and someone gave me an expensive gift; might I be inclined to (understandably) want to have at least one nice thing. Sometimes we forget that no matter what walk of life or background a woman comes from; there are times when she really needs to feel like a woman. If having that one item of value plays a small part providing some emotional respite from an otherwise desperate existence of going to a thankless job, and still not making ends meet, it's worth it. That was maybe a $500 - $850 hand bag for an average Louis Vuitton. Not much money for today. Sure it would pay the rent for a month or buy some food, but then the benefit is gone.

I'm not trying to be combatant. I just think that if a woman gets a boost to her self esteem once in a while, the mental benefit is justifiable.

morelos

lexicon incognito
maxpower said:
But then my nature causes me to think
you could have stopped there. it's a scarce resource around here.

maxpower said:
I'm not trying to be combatant. I just think that if a woman gets a boost to her self esteem once in a while, the mental benefit is justifiable.
if she can still make ends meet, that's one thing. but if 'once in a while' seems more and more frequent, and the kids suddenly aren't eating.. eh..

~ dan ~

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
morelos said:
you could have stopped there. it's a scarce resource around here.
Who would know better than you............ Wait.......having......a ........sixth grade flashback.........Can't control........it. It takes one to know one.

morelos said:
if she can still make ends meet, that's one thing. but if 'once in a while' seems more and more frequent, and the kids suddenly aren't eating.. eh..
~ dan ~

Maybe I didn't elaborate. When I said that, I was referring to her using the hand bag. Like feeling good when she carries it. Not to her going out and buying things when she should be spending it on food.
My boundless faith in human nature makes me lean toward the "Quantum Singular Gift Theory". The theory is of course based on the premise that it is, in fact a gift.

Dude, we have to get you some books on the Female psyche. :readup:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
tharuz said:
New fetish: mindfucking

:confused:

In essence yes. Kind of like how alot of women prefer erotic literature, where men prefer pictures. The effective stimuli depends on how the mind works. And men's and women's minds do have one or two differences. :)

tharuz

Bringer of Order
it`s a side comment, you or some guy said something about getting books about the female psyche

yeah, food stamps, well, it`s uncle sam`s money now i guess :/

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Its good to have something nice from time time, but not something like that. That shit is way exspensive.

magnolia

Postaholic
Okay, food stamps are WONERFUL, for those who TRULY need them. And as far as the whole purse thing, there was a lady who lived by me who went to the food shelf, used food stamps, and never paid her bills just so that she could keep her 8 horses. Her poor husband never found out until the sherrif knocked on their door and said u have 24 hours to be out. Ur house has been repoed. :cry: Poor dude.

Pachyderm

I really did.
Okay, I definatly take offence to "the woman's psyche comment." I realize that it seems more obvious that men are visually stimulated and women are more emotionally stimulated, but I beg to differ. Woman are just as visually stimulated and emotionally stimulated. Maybe the difference would be intellectual stimulation. I don't need to have a hand bag to make myself feel good, and I guess people tend to forget that just because women are women, they aren't all the same...just like I don't asume that men need a certain 'umph' to make them feel 'manly. I think it's just an individual pleasure whether or not a man or woman need something to make them feel better.

morelos

lexicon incognito
pachyderm - very, very good point. i really enjoy the way a new electronic toy or a new car part makes me feel. i also every once in a while LOVE treating myself to a new article of clothing. it makes me feel sophisticated. it's not so much a male urge vs a female urge, but the urge to have something new or nice is universal among people who are not in the uppermost echelon of the social classes.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
i too, ring up people with food stamps. I get almost 1 a day. thates there. But, sometimes it works good, but sometimes, theyre are abuses of the system. abuses like i rang up today. thay cant pay for non grocery tiams too. and usually no cash back off am ebt card.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
mariakyann said:
It was probably some cheap rip-off purse.

We have programs in this country, she applied, she was accepted, and now she uses the food stamps. Why are you mad at her?

If you don't like the program, talk to your legislators.

You want to get outraged, look at the cost of this nonsense war...

morelos

lexicon incognito
voiceofreason said:
You want to get outraged, look at the cost of this nonsense war...
time to get yelled at by bullshyt, but oh well:

one hundred-fifty billion dollars on killing people, but we won't spend fifteen billion (one tenth of that) on aids prevention education/equipment/medicine if a country doesn't promote "abstinence first."

assinine.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Pachyderm said:
Okay, I definatly take offence to "the woman's psyche comment." I realize that it seems more obvious that men are visually stimulated and women are more emotionally stimulated, but I beg to differ. Woman are just as visually stimulated and emotionally stimulated. Maybe the difference would be intellectual stimulation. I don't need to have a hand bag to make myself feel good, and I guess people tend to forget that just because women are women, they aren't all the same...just like I don't asume that men need a certain 'umph' to make them feel 'manly. I think it's just an individual pleasure whether or not a man or woman need something to make them feel better.
If you took offense to it, you OBVIOUSLY took it the wrong way. Your homework for today is to go back and read it again, then decide what I really meant, before just mindlessly looking for controversy.

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
I just hate it when people use food stamps as their way to never get off their stupidasses and get a job they jusy live off that shit the rest of their lives, and drive up taxes.

oh i agree that they are useful, but this is something i see a lot. and while it probably was a knock off, it just upset me that even the thirty dollars she spent on the knock off could have been used for shoes, and not Prada, I mean shoes for her three year old. which, i'm pretty sure she has kids, cuz i don't believe you can get food stamps unless you have kids. correct me if i'm wrong.

and if this is a place that we are allowed to rant on, then i should not have to think before i rant. i just want to rant. i don't really care if people agree with my rant.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
mariakyann said:
and if this is a place that we are allowed to rant on, then i should not have to think before i rant. i just want to rant. i don't really care if people agree with my rant.
You can rant, you just cant flame other forum members.