WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Football

Are the Pats going to repeat this year?

• Yes

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I sure hope not

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I'm too drunk to care

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shiggy1016

King of Loserville
Are the Pats going to repeat this year? I for one hope they choke. I'm sick and tired of hearing about how god-like Tom Brady is.

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
I have to do this because of the Nascar threads that get shit on......Football sucks!!!!

There, I feel better now.

shiggy1016

King of Loserville
CopyLifted said:
I have to do this because of the Nascar threads that get shit on......Football sucks!!!!

There, I feel better now.

I'm not really much of a racing fan, but to each their own I guess. As far as I'm concerned though, football is the best sport ever.

Btw... Racing really isn't a "sport" there isn't any physical activity involved. And don't say there doesn't need to be, otherwise poker needs to be in the olympics.

necro

Postaholic
I hope the patriots get a fucking bomb dropped on them, big muscled small dicked anus suckers. They suck. Period. Brady can eat a bullet. I hope that whole team dies. :thumbsdn: Steelers are going to disown the patriots. Done.

And Shiggy, Nascar IS a sport. It's just not a contact sport. There is alot of science that goes on under the hood of one of those cars. If everything isn't perfect, the whole race gets shit on for that team. It's like the next step down from rocket science. Everything must be precise. So yes, Nascar is a sport. And if you think about it, It could come as a contact sport because those cars do some damage when they plow into eachother. Look at dale earnheart(sp?) Actually, I'm glad that happened. Rusty Wallace 2k5 sucka :cool:

CopyLifted

shiggy1016 said:
Btw... Racing really isn't a "sport" there isn't any physical activity involved. And don't say there doesn't need to be, otherwise poker needs to be in the olympics.
I won't get into this, but what little you know...

Sorry, I don't want to turn this into a fued about which "sport" is better. I just had to do that tomake myself feel better for the moment.

Please,carry on about the footyball.

shiggy1016

King of Loserville
necro gone bad said:
And Shiggy, Nascar IS a sport. It's just not a contact sport. There is alot of science that goes on under the hood of one of those cars. If everything isn't perfect, the whole race gets shit on for that team.
NASA is a science, but not a sport. Chess is a science, but not a sport. Texas Hold 'Em is a science, but not a sport. By definition a sport is a physical competition between two human beings. I'm not saying that contact is what makes a sport, but there needs to be a physical component. I respect racing, it just isn't a sport. There is simply too much that is left up to random chance, and not nearly enough of a human element to make it a sport. The purest sports are things like track & field, swimming, wrestling, and boxing, where it is simply man vs. man to determine the winner in a physical manner.

CopyLifted

shiggy1016 said:
NASA is a science, but not a sport. Chess is a science, but not a sport. Texas Hold 'Em is a science, but not a sport. By definition a sport is a physical competition between two human beings. I'm not saying that contact is what makes a sport, but there needs to be a physical component. I respect racing, it just isn't a sport. There is simply too much that is left up to random chance, and not nearly enough of a human element to make it a sport. The purest sports are things like track & field, swimming, wrestling, and boxing, where it is simply man vs. man to determine the winner in a physical manner.

Do you really want to get into this?

You need to do some research before claming Nascar isn't a sport.

necro

Postaholic
Alas, everything about a racecar is a physical element, with 42 men and occasionally a women taking left turns for 4 hours in a day. Putting their necks on the line for the sake of a trophy.

Chess isn't a sport merely because it is of a mental competition more than a physical one. By personal opinion, do you think freestyle motocross is a sport, as there is only one person on the track at a time? I'm just saying nascar is definatley as much of a sport as anything else, and those guys get the world of respect from me, because I wouldn't sit in a virtual oven for 4 hours under the sun in 8 layers of clothing driving 170 mph average non-stop. Fuck that noise.

Ya the drivers have to be physically fit and all that BUT there are way better racing events out there. Drift and rally racing require way more driving skill than Nascar. Even F1 racing does more than go in a circle.

necro

Postaholic
I'll second that Bob. But some of the nascar tracks arent exactly oval's either. i.E. Watkins Glen. That has more curves than ben afleck's sexuality.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
okay, back on topic,

being from new hampshire you should all know my answer..

they will, they better, fuck you, they must.

i find it funney that someone thinks a team should die because they beat your team. and some sad reason means i believe hes being serious.....

necro

Postaholic
I dont care if they won, we beat your ass that first time, there was no way you should have came back and beat us by the same score but flipped around. And really, the only reason i'm so against those fags is because they did the same thing last year that they did four years ago with Kordell Stewart. Quarterback throws like 4 interceptions along with the game. I was so pissed, you have no idea.

CopyLifted

YUCK FOU!!! said:
i find it funney that someone thinks a team should die because they beat your team. and some sad reason means i believe hes being serious.....
Just like I find it funny how some poeple can shit on Nascar because it isn't what "sport" they watch and follow.

Look, i know nothing about football. Ok, well I know enough to know how the rules are,but only because that is a "sport" we can play at school with our friends, as I did when I was in grade school through high school.

But when someone knows nothing about Nascar and starts talking shit about it simply because they know nothing about it, is fucking retarded.

Before you fags respond with "Do you think we are that stupid not to understand Nascar?" obviously you need to learn more about it before you bash it.

Fuck you all and have a good night. :happysad:

necro

Postaholic
CopyLifted said:
Just like I find it funny how some poeple can shit on Nascar because it isn't what "sport" they watch and follow.

Look, i know nothing about football. Ok, well I know enough to know how the rules are,but only because that is a "sport" we can play at school with our friends, as I did when I was in grade school through high school.

But when someone knows nothing about Nascar and starts talking shit about it simply because they know nothing about it, is fucking retarded.

Before you fags respond with "Do you think we are that stupid not to understand Nascar?" obviously you need to learn more about it before you bash it.

:owned2: Now what do you have to say for yourself shiggy?

CopyLifted said:

I'd like to cross-apply my orignal response which goes wholly unanswered. Drifting and raly are where it's at, they even have two turntables and a microphone. /debate

CopyLifted

sideshow_bob said:
I'd like to cross-apply my orignal response which goes wholly unanswered. Drifting and raly are where it's at, they even have two turntables and a microphone. /debate
I have nothing against what you like.

but seriously, Rally and Drifting...they go out there by themselves. It looks like a qualifying lap to me. Where is the Competition in that?

In Nascar it's a total team effort. If your pit crew isn't performing well,the whole team suffers. If the driver isn't up on the wheel, the whole team suffers. If your crew cheif doesn't make the right calls during the race, the driver isn't going to do much for the team.

Multiply that by 43 teams on the track at the same time....that's competition....and a sport. The drivers have to be in shape,the crew has to be in shape...the whole team has to work together to make shit happen.

I realize that rally and drifting is a timed event, but to have them all out there at once is more of a challenge to me.

morelos

lexicon incognito
tom brady, the multimillionaire son of a san mateo county (i.e. right near me) investment banker.

he's been on my BWANI list since they beat my team the first time they went (2001, right after the bombing: "wouldn't it be great if a team called the 'patriots' could win the super bowl?" thanks, 'sir' paul mccartney) and since george dubya's political machine has thought it's a good idea to render a team called the "patriots" unstoppable.

fuck that shit.

shiggy1016

King of Loserville
CopyLifted said:
In Nascar it's a total team effort. If your pit crew isn't performing well,the whole team suffers. If the driver isn't up on the wheel, the whole team suffers. If your crew cheif doesn't make the right calls during the race, the driver isn't going to do much for the team.

Multiply that by 43 teams on the track at the same time....that's competition....and a sport. The drivers have to be in shape,the crew has to be in shape...the whole team has to work together to make shit happen.
Yes, there is a team. Yes, they have to function together to win. Yes, the drivers sit in miserable conditions for hours on end. Yes, it is a competition. No, it is NOT A SPORT.

Lets take a look at NASA. If everyone on that team doesn't do their job perfectly, someone will die. Being in space sucks. Astronauts have to be in excellent shape. And, for a while, we were competing against Russia to see who would get to space first, and who would start a nuclear war and bring hell crashing down on earth. But, it was never considered a sport. Having teams and competition does not a sport make. And yes, I would consider motocross to be one of the boarderline sports.

This isn't anyghing personal about NASCAR. I have no problem watching a race, I do enjoy it. But, that doesn't make it a sport.

jamesp

In Memory...
shiggy1016 said:
Dude, a sport isnt defined by contact, it is defined by competition between players and a common goal (to win). Nascar is as much a sport as the NFL just as is chess.

shiggy1016

King of Loserville
jamesp said:
Dude, a sport isnt defined by contact, it is defined by competition between players and a common goal (to win). Nascar is as much a sport as the NFL just as is chess.
You just said that chess is a sport?! WTF?!

Using your logic retail sales could be considered a sport. Each store would be a team, and the common goal is to out-sell all of your opponents. No one in their right minds would argue that this should be thought of as a sport.

And for the record, I clearly stated that contact is not what defines a sport. I am a track & field athlete. I know this.