WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines For all you philosophers....

blitzen9090

The Moron...who complains
This post is on the subject of death and the infinate:

So, heres what i believe. I believe that death is as natural as birth, in that everyone goes through death, as they do through life. I belive that the thing that scares people the most is the unknown, and death is the strongest unknown there is. I think that it is beyond human comprehension to understand, as we have not evolved to the point where our minds can concieve what death is exactly, and what happens after it. It, in the same way, is like our comprehension of the universe, as it is limited by the ability of the human mind to comprehend infinity. the whole wierdness of how the universe can be so large, and how there is no end to it, boggles even th most brilliant of minds. The same matter can be found in religion, as we try to understand God or whatever there is, we are once again limited by our conception. But this is not our fault, we have not evolved to the point that such matters can be understood in full, am i right?

unknowns

i do not believe that death is the strongest unknown but, like any other unknown, certain things r known about the unknown
i don't think we'll ever evovle to that point because the universe is evolving ahead of us w/headstrt

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
i believe that there has go to be something out there whos we are here. god or devil.

philosophy is not religion

philosophy does not contain religion
if religion is your philosophy great and your opinion is treasured but not by philosophers
philosophy is asking questions and finding answers within using logic and deduction, not a magic(jesus christ) fix-it-all

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
blitzen9090 said:
The same matter can be found in religion, as we try to understand God or whatever there is, we are once again limited by our conception. But this is not our fault, we have not evolved to the point that such matters can be understood in full, am i right?
Most people do not have the capacity to understand such things, but there are some people who seek enlightenment, and have a much greater understanding.

FUCKORBEFUCKED said:
and Taxes!!! :thumbsdn:
fuck taxes...

taxes make me wanna fake my own death and live in the bush somewhere, hunting moose to stay alive...

as long as i geht computer access :D

haljer

disillusioned
More specifically

Even more specifically i think that the scarest part of dying and not knowing what is going to happen is to not know if you are going to be alone to deal with it. I know I would feel alot easier about dying if I knew that I was going to be with who cared for me and that when the ppl i Loved here died they would also be with me. Its amazing what you can deal witha nd overcome with someone by your side.

blitzen9090 said:
This post is on the subject of death and the infinate:

So, heres what i believe. I believe that death is as natural as birth, in that everyone goes through death, as they do through life. I belive that the thing that scares people the most is the unknown, and death is the strongest unknown there is. I think that it is beyond human comprehension to understand, as we have not evolved to the point where our minds can concieve what death is exactly, and what happens after it. It, in the same way, is like our comprehension of the universe, as it is limited by the ability of the human mind to comprehend infinity. the whole wierdness of how the universe can be so large, and how there is no end to it, boggles even th most brilliant of minds. The same matter can be found in religion, as we try to understand God or whatever there is, we are once again limited by our conception. But this is not our fault, we have not evolved to the point that such matters can be understood in full, am i right?

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
LOL no words, well maybe a select few.
Who cares man, YOU ARE DEAD!
I'm not being simple minded, just honest.
You become apart of the earth once you die (or the food chain)
& that my friend is the only way you are reborn.

:fro: