WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

For what it's worth, my feedback.

Easty

Click click boom
i think there should be some refining to the search system. for example, let's just say that there is a guy who i thought was really funny, but don't remember his name. however, i knew that he had a high rep or would recognize his avatar at first glance. why not make search able to look for those with higher reps or cool avatars and so on and so forth?

also, if a person is a mod, make a little icon in their personality box beside every post of theirs. then i know who i should flame the hell out of.

okay, thanks

Jung

???
Premium
Eastside said:
for example, let's just say that there is a guy who i thought was really funny, but don't remember his name. however, i knew that he had a high rep or would recognize his avatar at first glance. why not make search able to look for those with higher reps or cool avatars and so on and so forth?
The rep might be easy to do, but finding an avatar like that is almost impossible. I don't know of any logic that could find the an image based upon a description...

also, if a person is a mod, make a little icon in their personality box beside every post of theirs. then i know who i should flame the hell out of.
You mean like the little medal icons? (
)

Easty

Click click boom
see i was under the impression those were just given out due to how many posts you've contributed. also, the avatars i was thinking about making a sheet of thumbnails. but that would be long and boring, by the time you found it, you wouldn't be interested in the user anymore.

get my PM?

Jung

???
Premium
Eastside said:
see i was under the impression those were just given out due to how many posts you've contributed.
Just for clarification, stars signify normal members and the color and amount depends on number of posts. Three medals signify a moderator, and four signify an admin. I think the old 'mod' icon was more intuitive, maybe we can convince Jason to swap that out.

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Hmm. The old mod icon was unmistakable I suppose, I'll think about if that could go somewhere.

As for the rep, I think you can search those with highest rep already via the Ranters List..

Lastly for avatars, I can technically add that to the "Ranters List" as well but that will add a bit of filesize to each page there (and you'd only be able to browse through avatars and with 11,000+ members it would take you forever). To let you search avatars via the main site search would be way too much work and require a very significant amount of coding that is beyond anything we can do.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
In the meantime, you can sort the Ranters List based on REP, last visited, and post counts. I know it wont be as easy to have it integrated into the search, but this might give you enough of a hint to be helpful.

Easty

Click click boom
yeah, it happened when they changed the layout around. and jason, thanks for the tip. it'll be alot easier to see who's got the most rep power.