WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

foreign language

Status
Not open for further replies.

morelos

lexicon incognito
gah; you all know my point of view on foreign language and how we should be free to speak whatever language you want. but since this is a private board the national "no declared language" law does not apply. i see all the menus and all the admin-posted content in english, and i assume that means the only supported language here is english.

can you guys who want to speak dutch do it on a different thread than ones that are already in english? i mean, i can copy and paste it into babelfish and get an IDEA of what you might be talking about, but i wouldn't feel comfortable replying to the content and i most certainly lose interest in a thread once its language changes to anything but spanish.

sorry, it's just a request; you most certainly don't have to grant it.

~ dan ~

R

RedOctober

We should have shot those British bastards when they came in to overtake New Amsterdam. Would have been a whole lot easier for the world if Americans would have spoken Dutch. :D

For the real history nitwits... New Amsterdam is now falsely called New York.
What a joke!

MaxPower even quotes in Russian, and you didn't nag about that!
Dutch is a language in the same family as English, so it must not be to hard to get some info out of it. In The Netherlands even children of 3 years old speak it fluently, so it must be no problem for Americans, because they tend to think like 5 year old children. :D
And for your info, we usually speak 2 to 4 languages.
Americans only speak one, and don't seem to understand even that one. :D

morelos

lexicon incognito
johnny kuntz said:
hope you get a job soon!
lol ouch. it hurts because it's true BAABHAHAHAHA...

yeah. my grad program resumed last week. i still think i am going to die sitting in the same room for five hours per night. when the fall semester starts up again, i'll be teaching full time in addition to spending five hours per night in that classroom. :/

~ dan ~

ps, redoctober, you only colonized any of the US area because of portugal. it was the people here that DIDN'T want to be british that took care of the problem.

R

RedOctober

Bullshyt said:
Nah, I'm going to Britain, they actually speak "English".
Doya think that? Yer wrong!
An English student in English language study, got the sack in her study to become an English teacher in Holland, because of her awfull British accent.. :p
I can't help it, but it is true!

The English don't speak English, and the Americans don't understand it... :D

morelos

lexicon incognito
The English don't speak English, and the Americans don't understand it...
funny, but the bottom line is your english is barely understandable, either from an English or from an American standpoint.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
This may be a American's point of view but I think that every country should speak English. Hell I mean America is the most powerful nation so all the other contrys can suck it... speak English cuz we wont listen if you dont! :mfinger:

edolphritler

Der Stallion Italiano
swizeguy said:
This may be a American's point of view but I think that every country should speak English. Hell I mean America is the most powerful nation so all the other contrys can suck it... speak English cuz we wont listen if you dont! :mfinger:
Hear that?

...Its the sound of a Jumbo Jet cruising towards your house, fucktard.

magnolia

Postaholic
My goal is to speak as many languages as I can. I speak spanish already as well as "american" (Since it's not really true and proper English anymore.) I absolutly LOVE accents and to know what accent is from what country. Language is my vice. But as far as every country speaking English, for the most part, they all do already. To some degree anyway.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
morelos said:
gah; you all know my point of view on foreign language and how we should be free to speak whatever language you want. but since this is a private board the national "no declared language" law does not apply. i see all the menus and all the admin-posted content in english, and i assume that means the only supported language here is english.

can you guys who want to speak dutch do it on a different thread than ones that are already in english? i mean, i can copy and paste it into babelfish and get an IDEA of what you might be talking about, but i wouldn't feel comfortable replying to the content and i most certainly lose interest in a thread once its language changes to anything but spanish.

sorry, it's just a request; you most certainly don't have to grant it.

~ dan ~

Vous les dites morelos :thumbsup:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
magnolia said:
My goal is to speak as many languages as I can. I speak spanish already as well as "american" (Since it's not really true and proper English anymore.) I absolutly LOVE accents and to know what accent is from what country. Language is my vice. But as far as every country speaking English, for the most part, they all do already. To some degree anyway.

ho bout I come over and speak some french to you?

Sektor

Particinator
You say most Americans only speak one language? Not really.

The majority of us speak two languages: English and Spanish.

I know English, Spanish, a little German, and a little Russian.

MaxPower's sig says go fuck yourself. Something to that effect.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
RedOctober said:
Doya think that? Yer wrong!
An English student in English language study, got the sack in her study to become an English teacher in Holland, because of her awfull British accent.. :p
I can't help it, but it is true!

The English don't speak English, and the Americans don't understand it... :D

You know he has a point.
Funny fact #1 In Belgium they have their own language. But they speak English with a very American sounding accent, kind of like minesotta or some of the other North Centeral states. When I was there I had to ask one of the Belgians that I worked with why they did not have an accent when they spoke english. He told me that they learn English in school, and there is alot of american TV there, in English. Made sense to me. Although I saw alot of stuff on TV in french and a small amount of German and Japaneese programming.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Honkey said:
You say most Americans only speak one language? Not really.

The majority of us speak two languages: English and Spanish.

I know English, Spanish, a little German, and a little Russian.

MaxPower's sig says go fuck yourself. Something to that effect.

Ding, Ding, ding......You Win!!!!! You can pick any of the stuffed animals on the top row and the third row. Or you can have one of those Really oversized Zippo Lighters!

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I can speak english, some bullshit and a little WTF!
When did this site become a race war?
Why do you "SMART" people keep fucking this shit up?
Who cares what you speak.
Who cares where you're from.
Let's all just hold hands and have some good ol' rants and flames.

For those of you not paying attention here...
The topic is...
WHO FUCKIN CARES? geht over it....damn.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
gehtfuct said:
I can speak english, some bullshit and a little WTF!
When did this site become a race war?
Why do you "SMART" people keep fucking this shit up?
Who cares what you speak.
Who cares where you're from.
Let's all just hold hands and have some good ol' rants and flames.

For those of you not paying attention here...
The topic is...
WHO FUCKIN CARES? geht over it....damn.
And if you want to be active in your community you can step outsiide and play Hide and Go fuck yourself.
Or you can CLICK THIS LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.