WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

foriegn bands

Siffeler

Banned - What an Asshat!
man people really piss me off when they wont listen to rammstein only becuase they sing in german. Y do songs have to be in english for some people to listen to, english is in no way a better language. people should learn that music is the same wot ever the language and the songs are just as meaningful

any way wot other foriegn bands have you guys heard and think r allrite

I thought people didn't listen to Rammstein because they suck, I could be wrong 'tho.

Bjork is a good foreign musician. I can't think of many more besides Propagandhi and The Weakerthans, both Canadian.

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
The kids are really hung up on the lyrics these days.

Seriously though, I like them, but I don't understand a fucking word they say. Although it is really cool music and all, it just seems better when I can understand what is being said.

If I can't sing it in the shower, what's the point? ;)

CopyLifted said:

Seriously though, I like them, but I don't understand a fucking word they say. Although it is really cool music and all, it just seems better when I can understand what is being said.

Agreed.

I enjoy bands from around the world, but I enjoy them more when I can understand the lyrics.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
sideshow_bob said:
I thought people didn't listen to Rammstein because they suck, I could be wrong 'tho.
Yep. The fans always just claim it's because they sing in German, but even they know it's because Rammstein sucks.

spider1

Banned - What an Asshat!
Siffeler said:
wot other foriegn bands have you guys heard and think r allrite
Greenday are Brittish or something like that right? anyway where ever theyre from there cool.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
spider1 said:
Greenday are Brittish or something like that right? anyway where ever theyre from there cool.
No, they're not.

Both to being British and to being cool.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Nailbomb said:
Yep. The fans always just claim it's because they sing in German, but even they know it's because Rammstein sucks.
Not "suck," foresay, just heavily overrated.

Slipknot and Korn take both awards. If you claim to be a "metal head" and particularly like Korn and Slipknot, you actually aren't because the sheer amount of metal bands that aren't heavily promoted and readily available are staggering and from a musical, non-opinionated aspect much more in tune than Slipknot or Korn.

I mean, these are the same guys who have never heard of Guns 'n Roses, Van Halen, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Alice in Chains, Faith No More, and all the classic oldies.

I'm listening to the song Alone by Amorphis right now, and it's the most beautiful song I've heard in my life. Heavy metal at it's best.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
some of the best music i've heard was partly indecipherable, so i'm not that concerned about the lyrics being in english.. i'm thinking royal trux, gg allin, maybe even bob dylan.

i was driving this car back from a party on mushrooms once, full of friends and listening to presence by led zeppelin, and we were laughing that we couldn't understand anything of the lyrics.. so i changed it for one of my cambodian pop tapes i picked up over there and it went down so well. we were all singing along in pseudo faux khymer for the rest of the drive.

but to answer the question, and assuming foreign bands doesn't include english and american seeing as i have both nationalities, my favourite foreign bands include..
sam and valley - japan.
gorky's zygotic mynci - wales.
s.e rogie - sierra leone.

Siffeler

Banned - What an Asshat!
CopyLifted said:

:rolleyes: hmm i dont ever remeber learning german but funny that i seem know the words to all but the most recently heard by me songs mabye i got the translations

and what i ment was people that automaticly disregard them and wont even give them a go just cos thier german piss me off. if u think they suck fine at least u tried them

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Rammstein made so reaaally good shite. The album "sehnsucht", in particular, is very good. Even though I don't have a clue about what he's saying, I really like the feeling of it.

I listen to other foreign bands like Red Elvises (Russian "rokenrol") and east europe gipsy music, wich is also excellent. Makes me wanna hop on a caravan with a mickey and a gipsy chick and party.

jamesp

In Memory...
My favorite foreign band would have to be Refused. They are fucking awsome, and the lyrics sound like poetry.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
jamesp said:
My favorite foreign band would have to be Refused. They are fucking awsome, and the lyrics sound like poetry.
What album of them you like best?

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
Siffeler said:
:rolleyes: hmm i dont ever remeber learning german but funny that i seem know the words to all but the most recently heard by me songs mabye i got the translations

and what i ment was people that automaticly disregard them and wont even give them a go just cos thier german piss me off. if u think they suck fine at least u tried them
Tried them? lol. Maybe you missed the sarcasm in my post.

I like them. But I don't speak german or understand german. :happysad: It's kind of hard to follow along when you have no idea what is being said.

Also, if you got the english (translated) version, you don't have the true Rammstein.

It has nothing to do with them being German at all. It has to do with them singing in German.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Rammstein's first album was awesome but then they just spewed out the same tripe over and over again. I don't see the language barrier as being an issue. I personally like a song better when I can't understand what's being said. Though Rammstein lyrics tend to be dark.

spider1

Banned - What an Asshat!
Nailbomb said:
No, they're not.

Both to being British and to being cool.
The universe makes sense now *fades into nonexsistance*

Erratum

Woah man!
rowan stop listing to ramstien get a job and out of tafe :mfinger: or come back to school bum!!!!

wootness

Banned - What an Asshat!
Descent said:
Not "suck," foresay, just heavily overrated.

Slipknot and Korn take both awards. If you claim to be a "metal head" and particularly like Korn and Slipknot, you actually aren't because the sheer amount of metal bands that aren't heavily promoted and readily available are staggering and from a musical, non-opinionated aspect much more in tune than Slipknot or Korn.

I mean, these are the same guys who have never heard of Guns 'n Roses, Van Halen, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Alice in Chains, Faith No More, and all the classic oldies.

I'm listening to the song Alone by Amorphis right now, and it's the most beautiful song I've heard in my life. Heavy metal at it's best.
DONT FORGET METALLICA!