WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Other Formula 1 VS. Champcar

forsythe

Fresh Meat
this site is one great site....just want to say that f1 sucks and champ car is better...anyone wanna disagree, then say it to my face!

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
F1: Big names, big tracks, fast cars.

Champ: Ovals, ovals, ovals, ovals. Fuck 'em.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
dude they both suck...........racing is the reason funking gas is so much

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
Which is why I race on my Dreamcast. Burns less gas. :-P

Although I feel quite weird 0wning rivals in Tokyo Xtreme Racer with a Nissan Silvia...

Jung

???
Premium
Skyline-Cobra said:
dude they both suck...........racing is the reason funking gas is so much
lol, i hope that was an attempt at being funny. obviously those cars don't use pump fuel there guy.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Shurikane said:
Which is why I race on my Dreamcast. Burns less gas. :-P

Although I feel quite weird 0wning rivals in Tokyo Xtreme Racer with a Nissan Silvia...
Silvias are extremely nice cars...

junglizm said:
lol, i hope that was an attempt at being funny. obviously those cars don't use pump fuel there guy.
And just as obviously, they use the same raw materials, which drives up the price.

Jung

???
Premium
NoSubstance said:
Silvias are extremely nice cars...

And just as obviously, they use the same raw materials, which drives up the price.
how? those materials are paid for just like any other gas.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Supply And Demand

The idea is: If people will pay X amount for this material, then let's see if they will pay N (higher) amount, since they need to get it somewhere. Racing increases oil demand and also decreases supply, causing price to go up.

Jung

???
Premium
yes i understand supply and demand, i graduated high school and college dude, what are you in 8th grade. racing doesn't increase demand that much is my point. :rolleyes: there are likely more SUV's guzzling gas than race cars. it's naive of you to think racing attributes to rising gas prices enough to even be notable.

p.s. i thought i was right about racing fuel, i just didn't feel like googling to prove you wrong earlier.

http://autoracing.about.com/od/autoracingadvancedfaqs/f/Advanced_FAQ6.htm

Q.
What kind of fuel do Formula One cars use?
A. Formula One cars use alcohol because of the increased performance and lower temperatures it provides as it burns. If you’ve ever seen a Formula One car come into the pits for service, you’ll see them attach a 4 inch diameter hose to the top rear part of the car. The pit team knows exactly how long to leave the hose in place as they can calculate a certain number of gallons per second on the delivery. Alcohol is one of the most dangerous types of fuel. It burns clear with no smoke so it’s hard to see when it burns. Crewmembers and the drivers all wear special protective suits, mask, and helmets to prevent burns due to alcohol fires.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/champ-car17.htm

Champ Cars burn methanol fuel. Methanol is a form of alcohol and has several advantages over gasoline in an engine:

* Methanol can run at much higher compression ratios, meaning that you can get more power from the engine on each piston stroke.
* Methanol provides significant cooling when it evaporates in the cylinder, helping to keep the high-revving, high-compression engine from overheating.
* Methanol, unlike gasoline, can be extinguished with water if there is a fire. This provides a nice safety feature.
* The ignition temperature for methanol (the temperature at which it starts burning) is much higher than it is for gasoline, so the risk of an accidental fire is lower.

nice try though;)

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
junglizm said:
naw really...................but still its destroying the ozone layer

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Alright, alright. I'm beaten. I'll admit it. :surrendr:

Good job... I do, however, not like the remark about 8th grade... (No, I'm not). That wasn't really neccessary.

Jung

???
Premium
it wasn't meant as a flame, i saw your age in your profile was 14 and i remembered being 14 or so in 8-9th grade. just a quick observation, no offense meant.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I was 12 in 8th grade... 14 in 10th grade (but my birthday's in... 1... 3 days. Ooh. What are you all getting me?).

Jung

???
Premium
Skyline-Cobra said:
naw really...................but still its destroying the ozone layer
actually it doesn't, although methenol introduces other problems, it is fairly ozone friendly compaired to petrol based fuels. if racing was as harmful to the ozone as you'd have us believe it would be heavily regulated(more so than already) or non nonexistent.

http://www.cecarf.org/Programs/Fuels/Fuelfacts/Alternativefuels.html

Q: What are pros and cons of methanol?

Pros: When used as an automotive fuel, methanol reduces many harmful emissions, offers high fuel performance, and is not as flammable as gasoline. Methanol can be produced from many organic and waste-stream substances, and it can also be used to produce hydrogen power, especially in the form of hydrogen fuel cells. Research is currently underway to tap methanol for large-scale hydrogen production.

Cons: Combustion of methanol in the form of MTBE releases large quantities of harmful formaldehyde in its emissions. Also, MTBE is known to pollute ground and surface water and so is being phased out as a gasoline additive in favor of other oxygenates, including ethanol.

NoSubstance said:
I was 12 in 8th grade... 14 in 10th grade (but my birthday's in... 1... 3 days. Ooh. What are you all getting me?).
i was going to edit and point out that it's been about 10 years since i was 14 or in 8-9th grade, but you beat me to the reply. as for your birthday how about a lifetime subscription to google?