WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines FOX News Fair and Balanced

therightiswrong

The right is wrong
OK so I can't find a message board on Fox news so I'll use this one.

For all of you people that believe that FOX news is fair and balanced (i'm sure there isn't alot of you) check out these two videos. Watch them entirely then tell me if you can still tell me that FOX is fair and balanced.

Click on the Watch Now.
This video shows how Fox edits video clips to lie
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2671823

This video show Hannity tell guests how to avoid answering questions.
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2671306

This tells me why Fox News doesn't have a message board.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
therightiswrong said:
OK so I can't find a message board on Fox news so I'll use this one.

For all of you people that believe that FOX news is fair and balanced (i'm sure there isn't alot of you) check out these two videos. Watch them entirely then tell me if you can still tell me that FOX is fair and balanced.

Click on the Watch Now.
This video shows how Fox edits video clips to lie
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2671823

This video show Hannity tell guests how to avoid answering questions.
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2671306

This tells me why Fox News doesn't have a message board.
Check out the documntary "Outfoxed" if you want to see the real Murdoch story.

Jung

???
Premium
I know I've posted about Faux here before, you might be able to search and dig them up if you're interested. I don't feel inclined to dig for them right now though.

I honestly can't see how any sensible, logically thinking person can see Faux as a viable news venue. Additionally, any redeeming qualities Faux might have had are lost on their support of Coutier's ignorant spouts of rhetoric.

Faux News: The reason for middle-aged conservatives' staunch ignorance.

therightiswrong said:
Umm...yeah. I'm not entirely sure anyone thinks they're fair and balanced. I mean, even if you can get past the sensationalism and the ratings-obsessed dramatic news stories, even if you can stomach the talking heads constantly telling you what and how to think, even if you can endure the endless stream of condescending rhetoric that doesn't even attempt to not be condescending...
Oh...wait...that's my rant about the media in general.

Problem with mainstream news is that it's a for-profit business with an agenda: Make More Money. Chances are that ratings and profits are going to outweigh Conservative or Liberal, Democrat or Republican. However, if you're going to watch mainstream media, you have to be intelligent enough to pick through the garbage, because the hard-line Right wants you to believe that nothing else matters except for YOU.
On the other hand, the problem with independent, or progressive, news is that it also has an agenda: Make the Right Look Bad. Admittedly, it doesn't have to try very hard, but it often gets so caught up in pointing out how the Right has fucked up that they sometimes forget to stay balanced. Programming often comes across as the opposite extreme. The slant is decidedly Left, and you have to have strong analytical abilities in order to sift through the flood of stuff that doesn't matter. Because the hard-line Left sends the very valid message that everything else should matter. It's up to you to decide how true that is for...well....you.

But you know what? The answer is somewhere in between. It's easy to lean Left when you're young, the struggle should be to look ahead to where you're going. Conversely, it's easy to lean Right when you're old...the struggle should be to remember where you've been.

I think I've wandered off topic.....

Point is that, yep...mainstream media sucks. But it's up to us to be intelligent enough to think for ourselves...which is not what they want. And if you go too far the other way, well you're still letting someone else tell you how to think.

Anyways, for a decent read, check out Al Franken's "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right"

FlipTheState said:
Umm...yeah. I'm not entirely sure anyone thinks they're fair and balanced. I mean, even if you can get past the sensationalism and the ratings-obsessed dramatic news stories, even if you can stomach the talking heads constantly telling you what and how to think, even if you can endure the endless stream of condescending rhetoric that doesn't even attempt to not be condescending...
Oh...wait...that's my rant about the media in general.
Fox news is much worse than "the media in general."

FlipTheState said:
the hard-line Right wants you to believe that nothing else matters except for YOU.
Which is ironic, because while convincing you of that, they are busy fucking you by creating a gigantic deficit, and yet they still manage to get the support of the people they convinced...

FlipTheState said:
On the other hand, the problem with independent, or progressive, news is that it also has an agenda: Make the Right Look Bad. Admittedly, it doesn't have to try very hard, but it often gets so caught up in pointing out how the Right has fucked up that they sometimes forget to stay balanced. Programming often comes across as the opposite extreme. The slant is decidedly Left, and you have to have strong analytical abilities in order to sift through the flood of stuff that doesn't matter. Because the hard-line Left sends the very valid message that everything else should matter. It's up to you to decide how true that is for...well....you.
Yep, think for yourselves people.

FlipTheState said:
But you know what? The answer is somewhere in between. It's easy to lean Left when you're young, the struggle should be to look ahead to where you're going. Conversely, it's easy to lean Right when you're old...the struggle should be to remember where you've been.
What about all the old people who always talk about how things were better back in the day? They are often right-wing, and they still always talk about the past. :confuse:

FlipTheState said:
Point is that, yep...mainstream media sucks. But it's up to us to be intelligent enough to think for ourselves...which is not what they want. And if you go too far the other way, well you're still letting someone else tell you how to think.
True that, homie. :cool:

FlipTheState said:
Anyways, for a decent read, check out Al Franken's "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right"
That right there is a great book, it just goes to show that right-wingers only care about one thing, advancing their agenda of evil. Not the truth or reality, but their own distorted view of the world.