WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fraps Alternatives?

Descent

Hella Constipated
I have an issue with FRAPS that's driving me bonkers.

I've been wanting to get a recording of this one mission FreeSpace 2 for ages now, but I have this framerate capping issue, as well as a disortion issue.

So far, I have tried all of the following supported resolutions:

640x480x16
640x480x32
1024x768x16
1024x768x32

Every one of them caps the framerate at 10, and under 1024x768 it runs at about 5.

On top of that, I have static running across the screen that looks exactly like a TV with bad reception.

FreeSpace 1 has the same issue, and must be run in Software Rendering in order for it to function.

But the thing is, FreeSpace 2 has NO software rendering. You have to run it in Direct3D or Glide. And worse yet, Glide Wrapper causes the launcher to crash, so I can't enable Glide via a wrapper.

What gives? I have this problem with no other games!

FreeSpace 2 is by no means a demanding game. It was coded in 1999, and runs off DirectX 5. So to be honest, I'm at a loss for words.