WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Free 2gb/50gb web hosting for six months

Jung

???
Premium
First off, this isn't an advertisement. I don't see how it violates any rules either, so forgive me if it does.

A friend of mine sent me this link, I already have more hosting than I'll ever use though.

http://order.1and1.com/xml/deref?link=http://www.1and1.com/TESTDRIVE

This hosting is 100% free for 6 months, only catch is you have to provide a working phone number. They have an automated system that'll call you and ask for a promotion code. It works though, I already have two or three friends that signed up.

You CAN get a domain name if you want, but they give you one for free. I'm not sure what it is, but it's likely some randomly generated garbage.

gumercules

Ultra Mega
hmm.. what's the catch? if there's a catch i'm be mad.

Paul

Tenderony
1and1 was offering free stuff at their launch too... no clue how they make their money... only "catch" i found at that time was that if you dont cancel they autorenew you after the free period ends

Jung

???
Premium
Paul said:
they autorenew you after the free period ends
Personally I haven't tried it, but you don't give them a credit card number. (prodided you don't use them for DNS.) So I'm not sure how they'd go about auto renewing you.

I guess it's worth a try though. Everyone I know that signed up is just using the default URL they were given.

gumercules

Ultra Mega
yeah, they can send me all the bills they want, but their only recourse is to discontinue my service, and if i don't want to pay that's fine