WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Freedom Salute Speech

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
A speech I gave for our Freedom Salute honoring the guys of the 153rd.

I was asked to speak in front of you all today and at first I was unsure of what to say. I was struggling a bit and asked someone what am I suppose to speak about. That person simplely smiled and told me, " just define what a hero is. Speak on what sacrifice and freedom is."

I However didn't feel that today I would have to explain that to anyone. All anyone would have to do is look across at all these brave men seated in front of me and realize it is plainly stated on thier faces. To know sacrifice is to peer in the eyes of the men who seen first hand. For it lays in their scars, their memories and in their hearts. These are not just men seated in front of me, these are the heroes that those men have become.

I know some of you soldiers are thinking “I am not a hero. I only did my duty.”

That duty was that you leave your family 10,000 miles behind for 19 months. That you put your life on the line every single day to change someone else. Your duty asked you to stand with pride, honor and respect to stare down the face of murder, disgrace and death. If that duty that you so graciously served does not make you a hero, than I am left to wonder what does. For no ordinary man could sever such a duty with such grace as you all have done.

As I stand here speaking and thanking God for the safe return of each of you men, I am remind of those who did not return home to mother freedom. I am left to think of our heroes, still fighting somewhere a far, in some land that surely God has forgotten. I ask that we pray and send our blessing to them and their family, so they to may celebrate in the homecoming of their loved ones. I ask that we bow our heads and give a moment of silence to those soldiers and family members who will not get a day to celebrate such as this. In doing so let us also remember the Iraqi Citizens who have fought and given up so much for the freedoms we know here in America. Let us remind ourselves of all the world's soldiers who stand along side our troops so bravely...

…..
….
….

Now well the soldiers of the 153rd please rise.

*start clapping and hope others join in...*

For you, our heroes, we do applaud. We do cheer. For you this flag does wave and because of you we stand safe and sound. Because of YOU we now know our price of freedom. We will NEVER forget this moment, we will NEVER forget your sacrifice and will ALWAYS remember those still left fighting and those who did not return.

Each of you have made us PROUD. Each of you have served with HONOR and Each of you DESERVES the TWO Free kegs later tonight. To that… We do APPLAUD!

*start clapping again*

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Jessica43999 said:
*sobs* touching! -- uhrm, other did start clapping when you clapped right?
they started clapping as soon as those men arose....