WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Friend? GirlFriend?

dzaykim

Toss my salad
A close friend of mine went to a bar on saturday to have a few drinks.
We were talking about what went on last week, and then she started leaning into me, hand on my arm. I was half-bombed so I didn't mind. We talked for another 30 minutes, and she kissed me on the cheek. I returned the kiss, and she giggled. We ended up making out for awhile, but nothing more. Now I don't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

My dilemma is that she's a really good friend of mine. I wouldn't mind going out with her, but I don't want to loose the relationship I built with her for the past two or three years.
Every time this has happened in the past things were great, but after the break-up things just went to shit.

Argh. What to do.

well i've had a really good friend, we've known eachother sinse we were 10. he always wanted to date me, kissing me up drunk and shit. but i'd never do it due to i'd never lose him! he means the world to me, and risking losing him is too great, i value him more then anything. dating her would be risky business, if you do break up, ya kiss the friendship good bye, due to when you date again, jealousy would ruin it. also the on the other hand you could be passing up the best thing you could ever experience. great relationships are built on friendships. in the end i chose to keep my friend, hes now engaged and has a kid. i'm really happy for him. when my life goes to shit, hes the first one there and has my back. sure me and whoever hes with never get along, but eh as long as i never lose him, its all good! so chose wisely, and good luck :thumbsup:

also: this belongs in others.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
okay, here's the test. what i normally do is this, i figure out how long a guy and i have been platonic friends and then ask myself, would a relationship last as long? if the answer is no (and it usually is) the question becomes moot. if it's yes, then hell you should go for it.

for example:
you and she have been friends for almost three years, would a relationship w/ her last at least the same amount of time?

this way you can weed out the lust and horn ball side of you and skip straight to the truth, GL!

bnccoder

Postaholic
I'm still friends with most of my ex-g/fs. Make sure that she knows you don't want to lose her as a friend, then hook up. It might be rough getting along with her right after the break up but things will get better and be back close to what they were before. On the other hand. She might have just been drunk.

dzaykim

Toss my salad
gurlgonewild said:
okay, here's the test. what i normally do is this, i figure out how long a guy and i have been platonic friends and then ask myself, would a relationship last as long? if the answer is no (and it usually is) the question becomes moot. if it's yes, then hell you should go for it.

for example:
you and she have been friends for almost three years, would a relationship w/ her last at least the same amount of time?

this way you can weed out the lust and horn ball side of you and skip straight to the truth, GL!
Dam that one's really tough. I've known her for so dam long, I really doubt that I could have a 3 year relationship with this girl..
Then again bnc's got something to say as well...

Bah, I'm just gonna drop it. Maybe she was just drunk.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
I doubt it was 'cause she was "just drunk".

Honestly, I say, if you're feeling the butterflies, if she makes you happy, if you find yourselves hanging out A LOT lately, it doesn't hurt to give it a shot. Who knows it might just be a quick passing fancy in which case you can salvage a friendship or it might be an amazingly intense relationship that you too will cherish for the rest of your lives.

I know, I'm a hopeless romantic.

As long as you guys stay honest with each other, it will be all good.

dzaykim

Toss my salad
Argh if only it were this simple.
I think I'm just terrible at ending relationships, because in the past everything has always gone to shit..

:o

Well, just make sure you're ready for the proposal (if that's what you decide)

1.http://www.perfumeemporium.com/mens/details.cfm?id=3812&source=163
(make sure you are finely scented) 35.99

2.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...9&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr12_PcY_BIN_Stores

(wear shades that match your scent) 6.19 + shipping

3. http://www.half-price-pharmacy.com/commerce/vi_prices_ncase.php?from=ncase-ed

(always be prepared for that moment.) $89.00 to $319.00 depending how many.

Now, if you buy the cheapest amount of pills, your total will end up somewhere around 131.18 dollars.
Go get her champ!

Ctoit

Tenderony
got almost that same thing going..........only with a guy, we make out, mess around.......but only when we've both been drinking. We hang out all the time, and have actually talked about it.........neither one of know what to do, but we for sure know we dont want to fuck up the friendship.......so it goes nowhere...and we both say we're happy with that, i just dont know.

Me and my fiance were best friends before we started dating. It took us a while to realize there was more than friendship between us, but once we realized it we jumped at the chance.