WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Friend of mine Exploring the Ghey...

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I have had a best bud for many years now. He's always been uber shy around girls because it's burned him HARD in the past. I always thought he might be gay, because of things he does, and other things. Heck I used to hang out in S.F. all the time and my gaydar is pretty strong. He's been hit on several times by gay men. His dad is all super america and he's Extremely anti-gay. Anyways, I could care less if he likes men or women. I've made it VERY clear to him I only swing one way. He seems to confuse intimacy with sex because of his lack of sex life I guess, because I'm pretty sure he has a crush on me. I don't make a big deal out of it, but it's been a bit uncomfortable a few times, especially when he's drunk, which is A Lot. heh.

So what's the point? Well I'm pretty sure my friend wont push too far, and I support him to date whoever he wants, that's Not Me of course. So should I be even more plain about it? Should I just come out and say "I don't want you in a sexual way"? Should I just leave it alone and hope he finds someone else to obsess on? Anyone been there?

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
Funnily enough, you have described a similar situation that i have just been through.

A friend of mine has recently come out, and he said that he was keen on me...

Now, i've had the odd foray into these sorts of things, so this is nothing that disgusts me, nor do i feel uncomfortable around him. However, i had to make it very clear to him that i was not into it, and that though i was still very very good mates with him, this was not something i would enter into. Luckily he is highly intelligent and very reasonable, so any feelings he has have either disappeared, or he keeps them to himself.

This is the kind of thing that will sort itself out... don't stress too much.

JLXC

Premium
That's exactly the kind of thing I wanted to hear! Kudos to you sir.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Sounds like a sticky situation, But Chuck seems to know what hes talking about as he's just been through this situation.
And he's right it should sort itself out, I mean he can't just change you into liking men overnight, And he should understand that. And also, that be kinda wierd.
Hope everything works out for you. ;)

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
you'll have to be straight w/ him if he does these odd things while drunk that make you feel uncomfortable, bring it to his attention as soon as he sober's up, like right away-don't wait. and at least he can say to you, "oh i was drunk and don't remember what i did" ; to save face. but most of the time people do remember and he will stop after you've complained enough. (this is good in two ways- he'll know you're not interested or it'll give you an opportunity to talk about it.)

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
just make sure you don't get too drunk with him....might wake up the next morning wondering why your butt hurts :thumbsup:

n00b head

The pron storer
I always bring a roll of duct-tape wiht me and a cork in case I see a gay. I have nothing against the gheys just so long as they know my hole is one way only

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
n00b head said:
I always bring a roll of duct-tape wiht me and a cork in case I see a gay. I have nothing against the gheys just so long as they know my hole is one way only
Really, mate, i think you should leave this thread immediately, as you are offering nothing but bullshit to a serious discussion.

Be gone.

JL, just let him know that you support him in his decisions, that you back him up 100%. He needs to know he has mates out there that he can count on, and by the sounds of it, you do want to keep your relationship up with him...

And trust me... he won't be checkig you out all the time, so you needn't fear that.

hmmmm have you outright asked him if has has a crush on you? take it from there. be honest and straight forward, sure it maybe uncomfortable at first, but if you two are true friends, then it'll all blow over.

JLXC

Premium
Thanx for the advice. I have told him in the past that A. I love him in the brotherly way only and B. I'm only interested in having sex with girls, Ever.

This should have cleared it up. He just needs an outlet... that's not me. I'll support him to be with nearly anyone else. So he's got my support, but should know by now that I am not into guys, and him specifically, in that way.

We'll see.

el crotcho

Cooler than sliced cheese
i think i have a friend that might be gay, or at least bi, he likes boobs too much, but lately he has become more and more gay, but whatev man