WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Friends are overrated

magnolia

Postaholic
Every time I make a friend, they either blow me off, or run off with my roomate. I'm so tired of it. Why can't I just find a friend like Holly back home? I miss her so much. I keep joining groups hoping to make new better friends, but it doesn't seem to be working. They're friends during the group time, but after that there's nothing. Friendships are so overrated. I'm ready to just become a shut-in in my little ol' dorm. :(

I can count the number of true friends I have on 3 fingers.

And only one of them I can visit on a regular basis.

Most people hate people with more than one dimension to their personality.

Yes, for the most part, friends fucking suck.

eh i have a short attention span, there for i don't have friends. i hang out with different people regularly, but i don't have one true friend i can rely on.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I also have 4 real friends, and one of them is a cat.

I have many people I hang with, and who I like, but when push comes to shove, most people are out for themselves. Giving is hard, and that's what trying to make friends is. If you just want to hang out, I'm sure there's plenty in the dorms for that. Real friends are more difficult to find. Sorry hun.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Friends are overrated... I wish I could go back to having no friends when I was a nerd...

CherylAnn

~Naughty Girl~
I've been stabbed in the back so many times it's unreal. I gave up trusting anyone. Now they earn my trust and if they aren't willing to stay around long enough to do that. Their loss.
Harsh reality is- Everyone is out for themselves, most people dont know how, nor do they care, how to do thinks for other people. My boyfriend is the ONLY one besides family I can count on. I would never/will never trust another living soul.

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
magnolia said:
Friendships are so overrated. I'm ready to just become a shut-in in my little ol' dorm. :(
You have no idea, how harsh that is. I know from experience how harsh it is. My old babysitters would lock me in an empty room for days when my parents were away, as a "punishment." Even though I had done nothing wrong. Also, I grew up to be so fucked up in the head, that it's hard for me to make a friend. (I think too philosophically now.) But I got my lazy ass up, made like 1000 "friends," stuck to the commitment, and ended up with 9 good ones. By "good ones," I mean that I can count on them to do things for me, keep secrets, and vice versa. My point? Don't come crying to others about "how much life sucks," and "how others are so terrible." First, evaluate yourself, and see if you are the "good friend material" that you so greedily require from others. Now fuck off and make some friends. :)

CherylAnn said:
I've been stabbed in the back so many times it's unreal.
I've been getting ditched by large groups of friends every two years or so. I make them, then they decide they don't like me anymore all at the same time.

I don't know why I feel so bad about this if stuff like this happens to everyone else though. I should get out into the world more.

CherylAnn

~Naughty Girl~
TheLampIncident said:
I've been getting ditched by large groups of friends every two years or so. I make them, then they decide they don't like me anymore all at the same time.

I don't know why I feel so bad about this if stuff like this happens to everyone else though. I should get out into the world more.
I never got ditched by a group of friends before. I moved out of my home of 23 years, 3 months ago though. I made new friends, kept in contact with a few old ones, but over the years I really watched who I trusted. I will be continuing to do so.

magnolia

Postaholic
mmm...cheese said:
You have no idea, how harsh that is. I know from experience how harsh it is. My old babysitters would lock me in an empty room for days when my parents were away, as a "punishment." Even though I had done nothing wrong. Also, I grew up to be so fucked up in the head, that it's hard for me to make a friend. (I think too philosophically now.) But I got my lazy ass up, made like 1000 "friends," stuck to the commitment, and ended up with 9 good ones. By "good ones," I mean that I can count on them to do things for me, keep secrets, and vice versa. My point? Don't come crying to others about "how much life sucks," and "how others are so terrible." First, evaluate yourself, and see if you are the "good friend material" that you so greedily require from others. Now fuck off and make some friends. :)
If you'd read any of my other threads you would know what kind of a person and a friend that I am to others. But apparently you haven't. I know that I am a good friend to others. Being a good friend isn't my problem. It's finding people who don't take advantage of me for my kindness and don't leave me in the dust all the time.

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
magnolia said:
If you'd read any of my other threads you would know what kind of a person and a friend that I am to others. But apparently you haven't. I know that I am a good friend to others. Being a good friend isn't my problem. It's finding people who don't take advantage of me for my kindness and don't leave me in the dust all the time.
I have the same problem. I helped a "friend" make her halloween costume. since i gave it to her a couple days ago, haven't heard from her.

I think we need to learn to be more assholish. Then we know anyone who puts up with us for more than a week really has to be a good person.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
aw mags, i'll be your friend. come over here and hug me!
*tighter!*

*tighter!!*

*cough, ok now you're just choking me for fun.*

things wil improve, these things take time. one day you will find someone where you least expect to.

Tostig said:
I think we need to learn to be more assholish. Then we know anyone who puts up with us for more than a week really has to be a good person.
That's the way I tend to live. I wouldn't recommend it. Most people are no good.