WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Friend's parents

har-har-har

I am laughter.
There's this kid in my class who gets straight 90% or higher on his report card, and his parents want him to do better. One time on this easy shit test he got 100% but there was bonus that he didn't do and he could have gotten like 105%, so his parents grounded him for two weeks. And on another really hard test he got 95% (i got 70%, because i didn't study) and his parents grounded him for another week. On my report card i got around an 85% average, my parents are happy with those marks, but he got a 90% average and his parents take away is computer, T.V., and going to friends privledges. This really pisses me off and makes me want to punch his parents in the faces for being strict, (he said that im bigger than his dad and mom) so i could probly kick his ass.

magnolia

Postaholic
This belongs in the dearly detested.

But I would just let it slide. One day he'll be free of his parents and then he won't have to deal with them. It isn't ur place to interfere and mess things up.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
magnolia said:
But I would just let it slide.
Well it's a good thing you're moderator. :rolleyes:

har-har-har said:
There's this kid in my class who gets straight 90% or higher on his report card, and his parents want him to do better. One time on this easy shit test he got 100% but there was bonus that he didn't do and he could have gotten like 105%, so his parents grounded him for two weeks. And on another really hard test he got 95% (i got 70%, because i didn't study) and his parents grounded him for another week. On my report card i got around an 85% average, my parents are happy with those marks, but he got a 90% average and his parents take away is computer, T.V., and going to friends privledges. This really pisses me off and makes me want to punch his parents in the faces for being strict, (he said that im bigger than his dad and mom) so i could probly kick his ass.
Sometimes parents expect more out of their kids than others. It's all about what you're capable of. They should push you to do your best, but you're right...that's kinda pushing it. If he's doing the best he can and coming up with 95-100% grades, I wouldn't be the least bit concerned.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
There's nothing wrong with parents wanting their kids to do better than what they put forth. It's called knowledge and discipline. God knows we could use more Garbage Men and Fry Cooks. It also will help you do better later on in life. God forbid you'll just be smarter. It's whiney little fuckers that make it more difficult than it needs to be, the answers are right in front of you.

Why settle for a C average when you can have an A? Anybody can geht an A, that's easy. The hard part is keeping it. Fuck it, why should you care about a life with the world at your fingertips? Your life long career at Wal-Mart is calling you. That's where the money is. Just think of it, that below par grade averge will pay off in fifteen years as you start cashing your eight dollar an hour pay checks.

keebs

Particinator
i love when gehtfuct goes on these awsome rants, for hes right and a tottal ass at the same time, i think its funny.

Janglenut

Particinator
gehtfuct said:
Anybody can geht an A, that's easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Anybody can keep it also.

It's not hard at all for fucks sake.

My parents gave up on me around grade 11, when I started bringing home 55's on my report card. Here, 50's a pass.

I still don't have grade 12. :confused:

Thick

Hoodrat
har-har-har said:
As shitty as those parents sound, you don't know what the homelife is like exactly. Also, in the long run, as long as they don't social stunt his growth by making him study 24/7 and ruining his social life completely, I say go for it.

Because I'll tell you what, if you want to make money, you need an education. I've NEVER met ANYONE who said, man I'm totally glad I got shitty grades in H.S. / College. Every bit of quality education pays off. Granted it sounds like he's totally not having a problem, but why do you think that is? Because his parents could give a shit? No, probably because they do. They want what's best for him I'm sure. Take that to heart if you seriously think about bustin his parents chops. :cool:

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
Unfortunately there are consequences to these parent's actions. They shouldn't be too hard on their kid at all. He does better than most do and he obviously is trying hard to get the best grade he can. Unfortunately the consequences are he's going to grow up and have a family of his own and he too will be too hard on his kids and that too can escalate to abuse just like his parents are headed towards now. They need to make him want to do better not scare the shit out of him so he tries harder to avoid getting things taken away. If you encourage good behaviour you'll get good behaviour and more. if you force good behaviour you'll only get the behaviour you are demanding and nothing more. They should be proud of him, not angry at him.

I brought home good to average grades. I always tried a lot harder for my father to do well because he would tell me how proud he was when he saw any improvement. He'd also by me ice cream or take me to the movies when I did something well. Then he'd work with me to try to get my not so good grades up. My mother on the other hand would just see the bad grades and get mad at me. She'd ground me and take things away too. You can bet she only got either disappointed from me because nothing I did was enough for her or she only got what she demanded.

It's natural for a kid to not want to make someone happy unless they get something out of it too. I tried hard just like your friend, har-har-har, but unless his parents realise what a good kid they have and stop giving him such negative reinforcements, he's just never going to feel good enough for anyone. Don't be surprised if he feels depressed and worthless later on in life. Hopefully he doesn't go that route but it happens a lot.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
I would suggest getting a new friend. His parents are not going to change. So, get a new friend while he moves out.