WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Friends who bail........CONSTANTLY

Paul

Tenderony
Anyone have the type of friend that I have..... where they CONSTANTLY say they'll come visit, or come out...... and then last minute they don't show up.

"Oh, I got drunk and passed out.... sorry".... Little do they know I stayed up half the night waiting!

This isn't an uncommon thing either.

BAAAAAAAAAAh

Smiss

smissinat0r
No. I don't. I got rid of her :D

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
That sounds so ominous...

mthrlangl

Clitpickle
One of my friends bailed on my wedding. She had just been doing "too much" lately and knew that if she came, she'd be sorry later.

(Granted, that's not constantly, but it's major.)

lobo

Banned - What an Asshat!
I am such kind of friends ... so ... nobody invites me anymore :D

fasteddie

Clitpickle
ya know... if it starts becoming reliable that they bail on ya, you need to start finding some new friends yo. c'mon now.

Paul

Tenderony
fasteddie said:
ya know... if it starts becoming reliable that they bail on ya, you need to start finding some new friends yo. c'mon now.
well she is a college friend who i rarely see anymore
i pretty much stopped contacting her to see whether she goes out of her way to contact me in the future :)

Smiss

smissinat0r
mthrlangl said:
One of my friends bailed on my wedding. She had just been doing "too much" lately and knew that if she came, she'd be sorry later.

(Granted, that's not constantly, but it's major.)
I hope that's not me!

I am STILL mad I wasn't able to make it... :(

mthrlangl

Clitpickle
Smiss said:
I hope that's not me!

I am STILL mad I wasn't able to make it... :(
No, no, no. She RSVPed that she could, in fact, make it, then she bailed on me. This was actually Jason's godmother :thumbsdn:

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
LOL! I so wondered if Mth was talking about you, Smiss, too!

Mth, Good cover-up! ;)

mthrlangl

Clitpickle
Heheh. I'm so busted, yeah?

Seriously, though. Smiss kept me updated on her travel woes, and that's really all I could ask for. I still wish she could've made it, though.

Smiss

smissinat0r
If I didn't let my friends convince me to go on that fuckin cruise...

OmZz

Fresh Meat
yeh i have a frendd whose like that he is a fuckface..always shows his butt rite @ the last minute...

Heh. I misinterpreted the topic title... i thought it might have been something like "You know how when your (authority figure) is on the warpath, [insertnamehere] always runs?"

A topic like that, I'd have a lot to contribute to :p

punkin

bitchy bitch
I have some friends like that but I just stopped hanging out with them. What makes me crazy, is that our kids are friends and they may or may not show up for a playdate or B-day party. What is the best way to explain an "asshole' to a 4yr old?

Read this

U know what I say. Fuck dem fuckin fuckers fuck all of em till they die :mfinger:

Smiss

smissinat0r
Yup. That's why I'm not really friends with most of my friends.

Giveupthegrudge

Melodramatic Fool
My friends just aren't there a lot of the time. I have had friends, GOOD friends even who just one day stop talking to, hanging out with me. Life is weird, take irony and shove it up the asshole of fate.