WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Friendship blues

TooSmartGuile

Tenderony
Before continuing, keep in mind, this happened a very long time ago, so it isn't really a Life Sucks thread as much as it is a Life Sucked thread.
When I was a high school Junior, I remember admiring a girl for her artistic talent, so I wanted to be her friend, but long story short, it didn't work out. The reason was that: during occasional lunch times, I would hang and eat around her friends, hoping to become part of her group, but this only grew suspicion and dislike at me. I became aware when she told one of her other friends outside this group to tell me that she didn't like me and thought I was a creep, despite us having known each other and spoken to each other on several occasions, even working together one summer. I thought she would understand that I wanted to be a part of her friend group but was too nervous to ask, but she didn't. I wanted to work things out and talk them out, but she didn't so that was the end of that.

There was so much I could have done to alleviate that situation. It wouldn't have existed had I just asked somebody to help me gain the confidence to ask, "Hey, can I hang out with you guys?" Because of the situation, I could have asked a faculty or staff member to be a moderator in a discussion between us, that would have been a big help, and maybe we could have been friends and my interest in becoming an artist could have been cultivated.

At least I did have friends in high school, plenty of them. So many of them were in my AP classes with me and we'd stay after school learning together. I just wished I'd gotten a much higher score in my AP test, but I had fun anyways. Not all the times were bad, and my experiences with that situation only counted for less than 0.001% of the time I spent in high school. I had a good time!

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
Give it some time. She will chase the douche with the sideways baseball hat named 'Rory' and eventually fart out a few kids while struggling to make the rent. After he's caught for the fourth time shagging some tweeker outside her job at the pigglywiggly she will leave him and start looking for 'a good guy' (gainfully employed, cuts his grass, building up his 401k). She'll try seducing you by finally offering up that once forbidden pussy that's been smashed to oblivion by Rory and his crew. That's when things will come full circle and you'll recognize just how big of a bullet you dodged.

• 1LOL
Reactions: beef_roller