WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

fuck it...

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
why does it seem like its just easier to go through and remove all the spyware and adware and trojan nutsacks myself rather then waiting 45 minutes for some overrated program to fail at getting it all?

just seem to get a better cleaning using Process Explorer and Autoruns to find and search out problem files and clean em out using regedit and deleting files...

fuck anti-spyware progs .. i'll do it myself.. :mfinger:

ok I feel better now..

Descent

Hella Constipated
Quit out of Gunbound, close IE, open up Spybot, select Advanced mode, go to options, settings, or whatever, set it's priority to time critical (real time) and voila! Two minutes later, it's done.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
yes but that still doesnt help for the shit it dont detect... and the shit that reinstalls itself while its being cleaned

Jung

???
Premium
I'm_Darth_Vader said:
What do you use??
A web browser that isn't broken.

I occasionally scan with Spybot and AdAware, but I never get anything. SpywareBlaster is also pretty good at blocking it before it gets installed.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
junglizm said:

I occasionally scan with Spybot and AdAware, but I never get anything. SpywareBlaster is also pretty good at blocking it before it gets installed.
I use both of those!! AdAware does the job for me!!

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
ive found alot of shit that the regulars dont find... like cssrs.exe, vr_sys.dll, intel32.exe... and so on.. a bunch of trojan bastards... why hasnt this shit been declared viral.. i mean shit... most of them now install a bunch of thier brothers along with whatever one gets in.. they bog down your system and in cases like haxdoor.k, attempt to thwart your efforts by causing system crashes if you try to delete thier files... oh well..

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
Darklight said:
ive found alot of shit that the regulars dont find... like cssrs.exe, vr_sys.dll, intel32.exe... and so on.. a bunch of trojan bastards... why hasnt this shit been declared viral.. i mean shit... most of them now install a bunch of thier brothers along with whatever one gets in.. they bog down your system and in cases like haxdoor.k, attempt to thwart your efforts by causing system crashes if you try to delete thier files... oh well..
Just try AdAware, and spywareblaster!!! those work the best for me, They just might work for you to!!!

Descent

Hella Constipated
junglizm said:

This laptop is rather slow with Mozilla (P2-366), so I use IE for some things. Well, my machine got bitched when I upgraded from IE5 to IE6, because it fucked with my settings, I visited a site and I saw my Cacheman Icon go from 150MB to 1MB of free RAM in about a second. I was pretty pissed at M$ by then. So this install now has about three hours of actual "use," and it's running quite nicely.

Jung

???
Premium
Darklight said:
ive found alot of shit that the regulars dont find.
It's just easier to not get it in the first place. Why even bother manually removing shit that is easily prevented? I don't have that much free time...
like cssrs.exe, vr_sys.dll, intel32.exe... and so on.. a bunch of trojan bastards...
Get a decent anti virus application. You shouldn't even be getting that crap, if you are then something is wrong.
Descent said:
This laptop is rather slow with Mozilla (P2-366), so I use IE for some things.
www.opera.com
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net
www.w3.org/Amaya

I use IE for one thing only; Windows Update. Everything else can be done in Firefox or one of the above.

Descent

Hella Constipated
junglizm said:
It's just easier to not get it in the first place. Why even bother manually removing shit that is easily prevented? I don't have that much free time...

Get a decent anti virus application. You shouldn't even be getting that crap, if you are then something is wrong.
www.opera.com
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net
www.w3.org/Amaya

I use IE for one thing only; Windows Update. Everything else can be done in Firefox or one of the above.
Thanks, captain obvious. It runs good now that I updated my video driver to the NeoMagic MagicGraph 256XL+ line when I have a MagicGraph 256AV chip.

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
Thanks, captain obvious.
That was pretty pointless; thanks for that.
It runs good now that I updated my video driver to the NeoMagic MagicGraph 256XL+ line when I have a MagicGraph 256AV chip.
:redface:

The topic is malware. I'm sure your video drivers fit into that somewhere, but lets try to stay on topic.

Nemesis

Drummer Pride!!!
Adaware is great for spyware, but these days, its much worse. U need a virus eradicator. These spyware are viruses now, not just popups, They upload shit/pron onto ur comp, especially with broadband, always connected to the net, they do wat eva they want,. when eva they want.

Nod32

Never missed a single virus in its life time. Rated no1 for 8+ years running. The BEST

Jung

???
Premium
Nemesis said:
I agree. NOD32 is by far the best anti virus application out there. It always has the newest definitions before Norton and it's heuristics are far superior. The only thing that even comes close to it is Kaspersky.

http://www.nod32.com/news/awards.htm
Since May 1998, NOD32 has been the only antivirus product in the world that has not missed a single (ItW) worm or virus in the rigorous testing conducted by the Virus Bulletin. This time the Virus Bulletin re-tested the Windows 2003 Server platform.

Since the last time the Virus Bulletin tested this platform, close to 90 new worms were added to the “In the Wild” (ItW) category. Once again, NOD32 won the 100% Award for detection of all (ItW) worms and viruses while getting no false positives. Additionally, NOD32 outperformed all 26 products tested by having the fastest scanning rates for the executable files!

Janglenut

Particinator
Back to the whole spyware situation;

I would suggest using Microsoft's antispyware, bitch all you want about them, but I do believe their software works really great.

(The real time also works quite well.)