WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fuck my parents!

Descent

Hella Constipated
Okay...School starts tomorrow. I have been known as the angry, nasty, asshole guy at school for about ten years now, all due to amphetamines. I have to take these fucking pills because I have ADHD. Well, I decide to change my reputation, and I tell my parents that I am not going to take them this year. After A heated argument, my Dad, possibly the fucking biggest piece of shit on the planet, says "You have to take the medication or I take away your computer." Well, at that point I say "Fuck you," I get angry and hysterical, and start crying out of sheer anger. I can finally change, and do they let me? No! So, I am going to not take them, no matter what the fuck they do. They have just proved themselves to be utter failures as parents and as human beings. I am going to disown them from now on...I have been pretty close before, but this is the last straw. Have fun being out of my will after I make millions, you fuckers!

Jung

???
Premium
why not suggest something other than aderol. there are non amphetamine alternatives. tell them you don't like the way they make you feel and you're worried about your health.

here are a few link you may want to show them, amphetamines aren't very good to the body, even in controlled doses.
http://www.neurologychannel.com/adhd/medication.shtml
http://www.baltimorepsych.com/NonStimulants.htm
http://www.wwu.edu/chw/ask_the_doc/post/1-1000/0086.html

all these came from a simple google search, maybe you can get them to research treatment alternatives and possible seek a 2nd opinion.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I fucking told them that...I have tried everything on the market but Cylert, which I should be getting on soon...

Strattera did not work, Adderall/Dexdrine make me pissy, and Wellbutrin has no effect. Ritalin and it's other 5 or so derivatives make me depressed, and I highly doubt that there is much light left at the end of the tunnel...

I'm probobly just going to put my pills in my orange juice...let them dissolve, then go to school without my medication.

jstager said:
I fucking told them that...I have tried everything on the market but Cylert, which I should be getting on soon...

Strattera did not work, Adderall/Dexdrine make me pissy, and Wellbutrin has no effect. Ritalin and it's other 5 or so derivatives make me depressed, and I highly doubt that there is much light left at the end of the tunnel...

I'm probobly just going to put my pills in my orange juice...let them dissolve, then go to school without my medication.
my friend brock takes Adderall and it makes him get all pissy and not hungry and he hates it....he usually just doesnt take the meds and throws them away when no one is looking....then he told his mom that he had stopped taking them and she got his dosage lowerd...he still doesnt take it though....the best i can tell u is just to tell your parents that no matter what they do you just want to change....hopefully they will accept it...but if you yell and scream they won't take you seriously and just ground you or w/e

Descent

Hella Constipated
I'm probobly going to end up taking them...I think that my future is more important than the present.

i would just sit down and be more calm when you talk to your parents. if you get hysterical, they will never take you seriously. just say i'm sorry i acted how i did, but i am really frustrated that you can't see the effect these have on me and at least give me the chance to see if i can do it without them. tell them that if things dont work out you will take them again, but that you want to at least give yourself a chance and you hope they will help you.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
jstager said:
Okay...School starts tomorrow. I have been known as the angry, nasty, asshole guy at school for about ten years now, all due to amphetamines. I have to take these fucking pills because I have ADHD. Well, I decide to change my reputation, and I tell my parents that I am not going to take them this year. After A heated argument, my Dad, possibly the fucking biggest piece of shit on the planet, says "You have to take the medication or I take away your computer." Well, at that point I say "Fuck you," I get angry and hysterical, and start crying out of sheer anger. I can finally change, and do they let me? No! So, I am going to not take them, no matter what the fuck they do. They have just proved themselves to be utter failures as parents and as human beings. I am going to disown them from now on...I have been pretty close before, but this is the last straw. Have fun being out of my will after I make millions, you fuckers!
wow o'k then have fun dude

evilghoul

Eee-Ook Gow
You know, your parents are worried about you. Cut them some slack, dude, they are only trying to do what is best for you & your health.

</rant>

Tenderony
evilghoul said:
You know, your parents are worried about you. Cut them some slack, dude, they are only trying to do what is best for you & your health.
Bollocks. If they really wanted to help they would listen and talk, not shout and come up with petty shit.

If they won't reason with you, dont take the shit on the sly. See what it does, if you improve wait a while. Let them notice you've changed and let them think they were right, then tell them.

If they screw at you then, then forget them.

All this trust in doctors and their pills. They don't work for everyone.

</rant>

Morbidly_Happy

Useless sack of excriment
consider this...take this pills and hide them...hide them all, until one day your parents are pissing u off so much you stick in their drinks...but if they watch you....fuckin take them, i mean is that alll ur on? christ im on every drug known to medical science: zoloft, trileptol, oxycotton...blah blah fucking blah, try being on 800mg of anti-psychotics, let me tell u that is one big mother fuckin pill to swallow. so take it or spit it at them!

shep

Local alcoholic
Morbidly_Happy said:
consider this...take this pills and hide them...hide them all, until one day your parents are pissing u off so much you stick in their drinks...but if they watch you....fuckin take them, i mean is that alll ur on? christ im on every drug known to medical science: zoloft, trileptol, oxycotton...blah blah fucking blah, try being on 800mg of anti-psychotics, let me tell u that is one big mother fuckin pill to swallow. so take it or spit it at them!

So basically your on med's(all kind's) and thats a cool thing?Smarten up .Stop being the "i piss my bed cause i hate you teenager"Grow-da-fuc-up :mfinger:

Prox

Flame Bait
It sucks that your parents wont listen but try to remember that as pig headed as they can be they really do at least believe that they have your best interest in mind. That said I echo the people who have said to try to have a nice calm conversation with them. Think about what you want to say first, lay out your arguement as to why you don't believe that you should be taking the pills any more, and they will give you the respect. The one thing that is gaurenteed to get parents to dig in and not listen to you is to start yelling. Give it another try and see what happens, if you show maturity they will listen.