WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Fuck OPEC

Holy shit, if I see the gas prices jump up one more time, I'm going to hose gas on whatever unfortunate bitch is filling up next to me and light them on fire. And the company blames it on potential problems from the hurricane. Who the fuck believes that crock of shit? It's because it's summer and the big dicks in OPEC want to rape, I mean reap, the travel increase. Eat shit and die, I'm tired of fucking oil. And we really don't even need oil, but the fucking company keeps buying the patents on electric cars and storing them, or protesting uranium, or blocking ethanol as an alternative fuel source.
What's worse is that buy raising the price of fuel, shipping will go up, goods will go up, raising the cost of living ultimately causing TADA! INFLATION! Which will give OPEC another reason to jack up prices and we now have a cycle.
And what pisses me off the most about it, is no one is doing a fucking thing about it anymore, because oil is a neccesity. This only brings me back to the days of British imperialism when Britain would make a country completely dependant on British manufacturing and if the country wished to remove themselves from British rule, they would cripple themselves. Except this isn't an empire, this is a fucking corporation! Fuck petrol, I'm moving to London and buying a fucking moped, or better yet, use their public transportation. :mad:

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I agree, though it is ironic talking about the London mass transit in light of the bombings. In any case, as long as there is billions to be made, and as long as we have people in power all over the world who get rich working with these guys (for example GW Bush and the whole Bush clan), it will not change. Follow the money, and you see the source of the problem.

JLXC said:
I agree, though it is ironic talking about the London mass transit in light of the bombings. In any case, as long as there is billions to be made, and as long as we have people in power all over the world who get rich working with these guys (for example GW Bush and the whole Bush clan), it will not change. Follow the money, and you see the source of the problem.
I'm glad you found the irony in that statement.
And the source of the problem is the people, because as bullshit as this may seem, this is a country in which anyone can come out on top economically (to prove my point, I have two words for you, William Hung). So in order to take down a corporation OPEC's size, you either boycott, or you create a competitor.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
were out of oil.... im pretty sure from discussion the oil reserves are running low... and we dont have more found yet(if any exist)... cornahol go... bout time we switch..

Darklight said:
were out of oil.... im pretty sure from discussion the oil reserves are running low... and we dont have more found yet(if any exist)... cornahol go... bout time we switch..
We are not short on oil. We're only short in middle eastern oil, and yes, that is a large, but it is not THE source. We have reserves everywhere that are eviromentally safe extract to boot, but of course there is still the ultimate problem of even those running out. However, if you base a jump in gas prices on a future problem (we're talking 500 years or more) then you have just allowed steel, sheet rock, uranium, silicon, and all other non renewable natural resources to jack up their price as well. It's a pet response for OPEC to say there's a shortage. There's no fucking shortage, OPEC just over produces, and when you over produce it drives prices down, decreasing profit. Therefore, they hold a few million barrels to balance out the surplus and instead of decreasing in crease prices because of their self induced shortage.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
or you create a competitor.
thats what I like to see... I say we help Russia in the exploration/extraction of oil from Siberia... but this time we sign some contracts to ensure we reap some benefits from it well into the future.... instead of handling it like we did Saudi Arabia... hopefully fuel cell/ alt energy technology will be sufficient enough to meet our transportation needs(wants)... ohh yeah.... ANWR too...

Demosthenes

Looking for truth
DanGeo23 said:
thats what I like to see... I say we help Russia in the exploration/extraction of oil from Siberia... but this time we sign some contracts to ensure we reap some benefits from it well into the future.... instead of handling it like we did Saudi Arabia... hopefully fuel cell/ alt energy technology will be sufficient enough to meet our transportation needs(wants)... ohh yeah.... ANWR too...
Russia is out of the question(read Russia and China in Joint Military Practice). However, there are other viable places to drill for oil. The two most available hotspots (politically, enviromentally, economically) are Indonesia and South America, particulary South America. Tropical rainforest live off the nutriants of organic material blanketing the ground (dead animals, waste, etc). This gives a high potential for vast amounts of carbon fuel easily accesssible (since the rainforest has been at it for 3000+ years after the middle east was farmed into a desert and no longer gave the organic deposits needed for oil and natural gas). This would also get rid of two other problems in South America: poverty and rainforest destruction. If farmers used the land they've farmed for oil, instead of expending all of the soils nutriants and continuing the destruction of the rain forest for more farm land, they would make thousands more and could probably cease slash and burn farming long enough for the forest to recover a bit while they get fat off the riches. And, if you want to speculate further, it would drastically reduce cocaine production, since their would now be an alternative and easier method of making large amounts of capital with decreased effort. I'm pretty sure it would work out in a similar manner in Indonesia, but there are more enviromental hazards to deal with than in South America.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I like to see the kiddies bitch about imperialism and then point to South America as the 'next source'. Fuck off....The dependence on oil is having a crippling effect on society as a whole....this is bigger than you having to pay $30 to fill up mommy's van. Once again we step into the Idealist hippie world....but I think its about time somebody important step up and call this oil dependency what it is....another method of control.

Demosthenes

Looking for truth
bigck3000 said:
I like to see the kiddies bitch about imperialism and then point to South America as the 'next source'. Fuck off....The dependence on oil is having a crippling effect on society as a whole....this is bigger than you having to pay $30 to fill up mommy's van. Once again we step into the Idealist hippie world....but I think its about time somebody important step up and call this oil dependency what it is....another method of control.
I was merely playing off what was already being pondered. I know that's only a temporary solution. The real solution is an alternative fuel. However, all you did was restate the problem that OPEC is controlling American economy. If all your going to do is focus on the problem, then your just like everyone else who simply grumbles as he shells out another $30 bucks to fill up half a tank.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
ahhh....go read my thread on Pragmatism young one....and learn of the duality of man.

P.s....The only one who can go head up with me in the Issues forum....mods it...so I respect the effort...but keep it in your league. ;)

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
Gas price in Finland 1,30€ per litre.

thank you a fucking lot.

And what makes the situation so bizarre is that there is more oil in store than there has been in the last six years.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Aliensavant said:
I'm glad you found the irony in that statement.
And the source of the problem is the people, because as bullshit as this may seem, this is a country in which anyone can come out on top economically (to prove my point, I have two words for you, William Hung). So in order to take down a corporation OPEC's size, you either boycott, or you create a competitor.
DCAFOC

Descent's Cheap Ass Oil Fucking Oil Company!

Made from corn, a "bubblin' crude...huh huh. Heh heh." we found in our front yard, and mexican immigrant workers, we provide oil for $1 a gallon.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Anyone besides me wonder why every other country not only has lower gas prices, but also a much more solid public trans system that ppl actually use? Personally, I think we place too much emphasis on freedom of owning your own car, and ALMOST deserve to be gas raped.

R

RedOctober

Itsa simple...

Corporate owner of Oil buzz makes moron Prez of USA.
Pull strings on moron to start war in oil sensitive area.
Prize will go up.
Good for Cash of Oil Company.
Another advantage:
Expendable soldier boys and girls die in far out lands.
Solves labor problems back home.
Create jobs by killing own people.

Whoopie!

Descent

Hella Constipated
RedOctober said:
Itsa simple...

Corporate owner of Oil buzz makes moron Prez of USA.
Pull strings on moron to start war in oil sensitive area.
Prize will go up.
Good for Cash of Oil Company.
Another advantage:
Expendable soldier boys and girls die in far out lands.
Solves labor problems back home.
Create jobs by killing own people.

Whoopie!
Fucking w0rd. We need ADVANCED reform of the electoral system. We need to eliminate lobbying groups as well as reform the current system for giving political candidates contributions.

Little known fact: Microsoft sent Bush and Cheney a $2000 contribution for their '04 campaign. That's such a great way of saying "fuck you," I laughed so hard when I read that in PC Magazine. "Here, G.O.P., we're the richest company in the world, who the richest man in the world works at, and we're going to give you a two thousand dollar contribution out of Mr. Gates' $49 billion net worth."

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
I gave a street bum all the change out of my purse (actualy, I always do this) kind of the same thing, huh....LMAO

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
dustinzgirl said:
I gave a street bum all the change out of my purse (actualy, I always do this) kind of the same thing, huh....LMAO
Hey, I got me a sandwitch, coffee and a bottle of the finest ripple with that.

I'ld like to apologize in advance for this page. Evidently people have a problem creating their own forum and like to drag their off topic shit into other peoples. I am still new and didn't realize that when a forum says "Fuck OPEC" and spends the full first page on gas prices and alternative means to aleviate them, that that was an invitation for someone to jump tracks in a forum that wasn't theirs to begin with, without a segway or atleast some clue as to how that bullshit even connects with the topic at hand. So, again, I'm new, and I apologize for not realizing this standard.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
You can get a hybrid car for 30,000$ nowadays. It doesn't really torque but the max speed is fine.