WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fuck pirates, ninjas are the shit.

pirates or ninjas?

• pirates

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • ninjas

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
One question has stood the test of time and remains unanswered; who kicks more ass, pirates, or ninjas? Well, im here to answer to this question.... NINJAS.
they throw kunai, stalker you in the night, and could kill you with a grapefruit if one was so inclined. :karate:
how can people possibly say pirates are better?!

ODDDLY

West Coast Birth Life
Uh... that is not one of the the "stood the test of time" questions becasue it can be easily answered... their both fucking stupid.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Dogbert said:
Uh... that is not one of the the "stood the test of time" questions becasue it can be easily answered... their both fucking stupid.
good anwser

RGN-dRaGoN

Chaos Dragon
Enterdapanda said:
One question has stood the test of time and remains unanswered; who kicks more ass, pirates, or ninjas? Well, im here to answer to this question.... NINJAS.
they throw kunai, stalker you in the night, and could kill you with a grapefruit if one was so inclined. :karate:
how can people possibly say pirates are better?!
tanks own them both...

shep

Local alcoholic
wait till gummerclues see you talking shit bout pirates,lol :p

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
missiles,tank, and bombs are still no match for pirate power

i'm gonna go ahead and demand that this thread take a pirates-rock stance real quick, or it's going byebye.

and right now it's moving to chit chat.

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Well Gumer, I'm afraid I must challenge your decision, because you know I can't resist a good ninja debate. But rather than trying to use a logical or historical argument, I will use one of pop culture:

Ninjas make up a huge part of our culture and entertainment, from generic stock villains, to central characters in film and games. Particularly from the game angle, there have been many ninja based games, and adaptations which could be categorized as a "ninja themed" basically describing any games that use stealth as the central focus of the gameplay. This would include all spy games and one could even look at spies in film and game as forms of modern day ninjas (making Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell and Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid both modern day iterations of ninjas). They use stealth, subterfuge, and technology (ninjas used high technology for the standards of their times, resourcefullness, as well as non-conventional methods to accomplish any task set before them).

Now on the converse, there has been little contribution from pirates to our culture, and about the best example to arise from the pirates in entertainment has been, ahem, Pirates of the Carribean.

So while both may still be badass (or stupid, however you want to see it), I'm afraid ninjas seem to have the advantage. I now welcome a rebuttal, but bear in mind I haven't even pulled the big guns yet.

My real question is who started the whole ninjas vs pirates debate in the first place? I mean, who even saw a connection there? I could see samurais versus cowboys based on all the social and cultural parrallels they represented, but ninjas and pirates? Oh well, should be fun to see where this goes (if anywhere).

right, so ninjas are overused and have become pillars of pop culture, which is everything i stand against.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
gumercules said:
right, so ninjas are overused and have become pillars of pop culture, which is everything i stand against.
brsides, pirates have cool ships and talk funny. ninjas wear jammies and never talk. i vote pirates!